Ruins of Oghrann not flagged as Upperdark

It Does What It Says on the Tin: Resolved Issues

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

Glowfire

Ruins of Oghrann not flagged as Upperdark

Unread post by Glowfire »

Both the exterior and interior of Ruins of Oghrann say it's an Upperdark area but when you try to loot as a surfacer it gives the 'can't loot on other side' message.

Could this be fixed please? I'm pretty sure it worked before as I was running around on my drow with surfacers a while back.
Power is the most persuasive rhetoric.
Friedrich von Schiller
chad878262
QC Coordinator

Re: Ruins of Oghrann not flagged as Upperdark

Unread post by chad878262 »

It's been brought up before and unfortunately the decision was that Ohgrann's is only for Underdark characters. :evil:
Chord Silverstrings - Bard and OSR Squire / Tarent Nefzen - Arcane Wand Merchant and Master Alchemist / Irrace Arkentlar - Drow Adventurer / Finneaus Du'Veil - Gem Merchant and Executive Officer of SCCE

Tarent's Wands and Elixirs

A Wand Crafter's guide to using wands
Glowfire

... why was that decision made?

And can that then be MUCH clearer IG if that decision is final...?

There's no way at all for a surfacer to know that's off limit unless they loot and by that time they might have put RP into getting there and gathering a group etc.
Friedrich von Schiller
chad878262
QC Coordinator

Unread post by chad878262 »

viewtopic.php?f=407&t=64016&hilit=oghrann&start=15

Here is the thread... I would prefer it be Underdark as did cubicle, but at least at the time there was opposition to allowing surfacers there.

I would also agree if it is going to be Underdark it should be stated correctly.
Chord Silverstrings - Bard and OSR Squire / Tarent Nefzen - Arcane Wand Merchant and Master Alchemist / Irrace Arkentlar - Drow Adventurer / Finneaus Du'Veil - Gem Merchant and Executive Officer of SCCE

Tarent's Wands and Elixirs

A Wand Crafter's guide to using wands
Glowfire

I missed that thread (recovering from surgery at that time). It still doesn't say why that decision was made?

A bit like a surprise update from the responses in that thread...

I personally don't see an issue with the place being shared. I thought the purpose of the Upperdark was to be a melting pot, that you can take a character from 1-30 there. Not possible now. Bregan D'aerthe enjoyed doing things together with surface members in Upperdark as well as Durlag's Tower but now the Netherese Maze got put in between (and no one wants to go through the maze, it splits up a party). Not even sure what Durlag's is flagged as now.
Friedrich von Schiller
Nemni
Custom Content

Unread post by Nemni »

All of Durlag should be properly tagged upperdark. Worked last time I tried at least. But yeah, it's a pain to get to from the underdark side.

Return to “Solved Problems”