Belts in the appearance changer

For Issues, Ideas, or Subjects That Do Not Fit Elsewhere

Moderators: Moderator, DM

Darksaber

Belts in the appearance changer

Unread post by Darksaber »

Anyone know how to get this new feature to work? I tried using the appearance changer on character, chose armor appearance, then "default belt modifier" -->1) The specific look, or, 2) The type of look, and neither of these shows a belt on my character.
Watchknight Ammon Wulf - Exiled Knight of Tyr's Merciful Sword, Redeemed Paladin of Helm
Endelyon

Re: Belts in the appearance changer

Unread post by Endelyon »

You need to have a gear with a belt already on it. You can't add one, only modify an existing one.
Darksaber

Ah, that explains it. :) Thanks. Now to find full plate with a belt already on it...
Watchknight Ammon Wulf - Exiled Knight of Tyr's Merciful Sword, Redeemed Paladin of Helm
ShineDown

Unread post by ShineDown »

Use it on the armor, go to left hip and right hip, it will give you scabbard and book options if that helps
Darksaber

ShineDown wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:10 pm Use it on the armor, go to left hip and right hip, it will give you scabbard and book options if that helps
Already got that. :) Got a sword on my left hip and faulds on my right hip.
DivinityDelayed

Unread post by DivinityDelayed »

Any reason it is not able to add a belt to an existing item?
Endelyon

DivinityDelayed wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:24 pm Any reason it is not able to add a belt to an existing item?
Essentially because the xp_craft plugin we use for our system doesn't do that.
Glowfire

Unread post by Glowfire »

It doesn't seem to be possible to change the colour of a belt appearance which does have tint maps, such as skirts. There's an option to but nothing happens when attempting to change it.
Power is the most persuasive rhetoric.
Friedrich von Schiller
InsomnesCanis

Unread post by InsomnesCanis »

Hmm.. round about question about that-
When i try to put my main armor through the appearance changer (menu, not kit) to get something with a belt, i get an error message that my armor wasn't found and i can't cycle it's appearance in the appearance changer. Anyone else encountered this?
Is there anyway to fix that or are some items just can't be changed through the menu's appearance changer?
Lylan'Synor Syr'Asiryn, (aka Lily Summerheart)
Duelist, Dancer, Sailor & Engineer. A Warrior for Love, and Inquisitor of Beauty.
Captain of Doron Amar's Mathora Velharn || Deputy Headmistress of the Bladestone Foundation
The Wind Whispers (Love) - Geva Alon
Tsidkenu

Unread post by Tsidkenu »

The 'menu' changer (aka Charlie's) will not work with some base armour appearance, notably Mithril and/or epic store items. You can force mithril appearance changes by using Maltz' mithril armour changer (tip: change it to the first appearance, save, then use Charlie's popup UI for the rest!)

As for epic store items, you can only use the new appearance changer widget.
Endelyon

Glowfire wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:53 am It doesn't seem to be possible to change the colour of a belt appearance which does have tint maps, such as skirts. There's an option to but nothing happens when attempting to change it.
I think someone provided me a fix for this. I'll get it added soon.
Glowfire

Unread post by Glowfire »

Endelyon wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:23 pm
Glowfire wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:53 am It doesn't seem to be possible to change the colour of a belt appearance which does have tint maps, such as skirts. There's an option to but nothing happens when attempting to change it.
I think someone provided me a fix for this. I'll get it added soon.
:happy-wavemulticolor:
Power is the most persuasive rhetoric.
Friedrich von Schiller
InsomnesCanis

Unread post by InsomnesCanis »

Tsidkenu wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:06 pm The 'menu' changer (aka Charlie's) will not work with some base armour appearance, notably Mithril and/or epic store items. You can force mithril appearance changes by using Maltz' mithril armour changer (tip: change it to the first appearance, save, then use Charlie's popup UI for the rest!)

As for epic store items, you can only use the new appearance changer widget.
Thnaks! :dance:
Lylan'Synor Syr'Asiryn, (aka Lily Summerheart)
Duelist, Dancer, Sailor & Engineer. A Warrior for Love, and Inquisitor of Beauty.
Captain of Doron Amar's Mathora Velharn || Deputy Headmistress of the Bladestone Foundation
The Wind Whispers (Love) - Geva Alon
Darksaber

Tsidkenu wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:06 pm The 'menu' changer (aka Charlie's) will not work with some base armour appearance, notably Mithril and/or epic store items.
Sorry this might be a stupid question but, what is Charlie's 'menu' changer? Is it different than the appearance kit we purchase from the eastern farmlands? Would love to check it out if it's another appearance changer system different than the appearance kit or Maltz's.
Hoihe

Unread post by Hoihe »

Charlie's is the one you use at Maltz's and in the player menu (the Neverwinter Eye-> Change appearance.)
For life to be worth living, afterlife must retain individuality, personal identity and  memories without fail  - https://www.sageadvice.eu/do-elves-reta ... afterlife/
A character belongs only to their player, and only them. And only the player may decide what happens.

Return to “General Discussion”