Warlock and its Weird Bugs

It Does What It Says on the Tin: Resolved Issues
KOPOJIbPAKOB
Retired Staff

Warlock and its Weird Bugs

Unread post by KOPOJIbPAKOB »

Long story short — my warlock 9/dragonslayer 3 with practiced invoker feat started summoning tier 1 undead instead of tier 2 after drinking a heroism potion (it likely caused her to lose one caster level). The rest helped though, and I tested it several times — heroism potion triggers this bug. Then the server has reset and this bug became permanent, meaning I have to ask for character rebuild now, and when I do I have no guarantees this won't repeat again!

upd: I rcred my character into warlock 12, but I'm still having this issue, sometimes I summon tier 2 undeads though, this bug turns on/off randomly
(\/);,;(\/)

Discord: Nastya Raynor#3136

Pink is me speaking on behalf of the Media Team, everything else is just my player opinion.
KOPOJIbPAKOB
Retired Staff

Re: Warlock and its Weird Bugs

Unread post by KOPOJIbPAKOB »

Another bug appeared! Since the latest update, Flee the Scene doesn't apply haste buff anymore. Instead, it applies 3 separate buffs (movement speed bonus, attack bonus and armor bonus). It still gives additional attack, yes, but that's still awful. For example, it doesn't nullify slow debuff anymore, and a slowed character under the effect of new bugged flee the scene still remains slowed.
(\/);,;(\/)

Discord: Nastya Raynor#3136

Pink is me speaking on behalf of the Media Team, everything else is just my player opinion.
Endelyon

Unread post by Endelyon »

KOPOJIbPAKOB wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:25 am Another bug appeared! Since the latest update, Flee the Scene doesn't apply haste buff anymore. Instead, it applies 3 separate buffs (movement speed bonus, attack bonus and armor bonus). It still gives additional attack, yes, but that's still awful. For example, it doesn't nullify slow debuff anymore, and a slowed character under the effect of new bugged flee the scene still remains slowed.
Not a bug, working as intended to keep the extra attack when you reapply it early. As far as no longer removing Slow I think we can fix that part.
CaelusKazaran

Unread post by CaelusKazaran »

Another warlock bug. When logging in as a hellfire warlock the hellfire shield has a "persistant aura" even when disabled which causes you to be fined and banned from the FAI. This has happened to me twice now.
Toirin Bluntbeard -Main barbarian -Retired
Kirana Landar - Ranger
Chana Benders - Druid
Tariana Zalendrana - Warlock

The light falls and the darkness consumes the good shall die while evil blooms.
slajiik

Unread post by slajiik »

As stated in other thread by mine - DR / Warlock DR comboes wrongly, and 1 DR of Warlock override DS 2 DR, Character with 6 Dragon Slayer levels and 2 DR feat still have only DR 1 from all sources.
Hendrak

Unread post by Hendrak »

The feat Dark Transient doesnt give an extra +1 Ab with Flee the Scene invocation, neither in character sheet nor in combat log.
Valefort
Retired Admin

Unread post by Valefort »

I got tricked by a feat named dark_transiant o_o

Fixed next update
CaelusKazaran wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:45 am Another warlock bug. When logging in as a hellfire warlock the hellfire shield has a "persistant aura" even when disabled which causes you to be fined and banned from the FAI. This has happened to me twice now.
Should also be sorted next update.

Slow/haste like effects should also cancel each other again.

Regarding DR issues I don't think there's a clean fix at all (nothing seems wrong script wise so it's the engine who handles the different DR poorly) therefore I'll simply deactivate it if you're a warlock.
Mealir Ostirel - Incorrigible swashbuckler
Hendrak

Unread post by Hendrak »

Thank you!

Invocation Hellspawned Grace doesnt take the changes to shapechanging into account, like bonus AC with Shield,Armor,NA,deflection or weapon EB/properties.

Overall the Hellspawned Grace shape was far worse than my stats without shapechanging.

Also as i shapechanged back to my human form there was still an Improved Invisibility on me as spell effect which i had to remove to enter the FAI court. Tough i couldnt see effects of invisibility on me.

Wasnt able to reproduce this effect a 2nd time, but didnt try further after the 2nd attempt.
MisterMac

Unread post by MisterMac »

[ Edited by Maecius to remove the instructive elements of how to abuse a warlock bug. ]
wurdpass

Unread post by wurdpass »

I am pretty sure my DC's are at least a step low for my invocations - is it possible that Spell Prodigy is not currently working?

By my math I am one or two DC below where I should be for my invocations like Dread Word and Baleful Poly. I have Invocation Focus (+2 DC) as well, if that interferes with the calc maybe?
MisterMac

[ Edited by Maecius to remove the instructive elements of how to abuse a warlock bug. ]
Maecius
Retired Admin

Unread post by Maecius »

Just a heads up, MisterMac, that I've edited your posts to take out the detailed (and appreciated!) instructions on how the bug/exploit is reproduced. They're not "vanished" though -- I've passed it on to the development team for troubleshooting.

In the future, it's best to submit exploits to them directly through PMs instead of through public posts!
MisterMac

Cool with me, as long as you guys are aware of it. I'll be more discrete in the future if I find another one. :P

For what it's worth, I also dropped the invocation in question on my next level-up. I wasn't building for it anyway, I just wanted to see how the changes worked out on this server.

Return to “Solved Problems”