Whisper Wind bug

It Does What It Says on the Tin: Resolved Issues

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

Slunko

Whisper Wind bug

Unread post by Slunko »

Hey!

So I've noticed that Whisper Wind isn't working as it should. Generally I'm not sure how reliable the rune targeting is (also, might I suggest it'd be able to use the new teleport system without runes?), but it's got issues when you try to send the messenger within the zone.

Instead of infinite range within the zone targeting and spawning a messenger there, what happens is, you select an area within your zone for the messenger, and your character simply runs to that point, then casts the spell and spawns said messenger right in front of you. In essence, the messenger within the zone part of the spell is broken.

The spell on paper seems wonderful, I'd love it if it could get fixed though.

o/
Galean, Rock and Gale Enterprises
Goth Dar'gul Eye of Ruin
Remus the Marauding Malarite
Valefort
Retired Admin

Re: Whisper Wind bug

Unread post by Valefort »

Changed it to use the no-rune system but for the spell range you're screwed, unless I turn it into a very cumbersome spell to use (cast a spell to get a feat and then use feat to cast at any distance) there's no way to circumvent the range specified in the spells.2da for that spell.
Mealir Ostirel - Incorrigible swashbuckler
Slunko

Unread post by Slunko »

Better than nothing! Thanks Val.

As far as a local targeting goes... What if it just summoned an invisible/undetectable wind familiar that can be controled and disappears after a message is typed? Or just spawning a wind familiar to be used for talking?
Goth Dar'gul Eye of Ruin
Valefort
Retired Admin

Unread post by Valefort »

But what would be the end condition(s) for that scenario with a wind familiar ?

If you think the main use is within an area then I'll do the relatively cumbersome path (after all you're not in a hurry when you use whisper wind in general so it can be cumbersome).
Mealir Ostirel - Incorrigible swashbuckler
Slunko

Unread post by Slunko »

Nah, don't worry about it Vale! I'm just one player. Maybe noone will ever use it and will hate the change and you've just wasted your time on it. I was just suggesting what could have been easier, or so I thought, though I highly suspect It'd just be used for tanking mobs in that form.

I'll leave any spell changes and mechanical changes on things I barely know or understand to others, so you do with it what you think is best!
Goth Dar'gul Eye of Ruin

Return to “Solved Problems”