The Farmlands Refugee Camp

Moderators: Moderator, DM

Steve
Recognized Donor

Re: The Farmlands Refugee Camp

Unread post by Steve »

Wyatt wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:05 am *Fox would seek out Henryk, when next he is in the camp. He approaches, an easy smile on his lips and a mischievous twinkle in his eye.*
It would be with ease that the Copper Fox finds Henryk, the knight errant this day adding details to the swordsmanship of a few of the Tymount Ten that have taken to bladework, over hammers, or other weapons of choice.

When the Fox does engage the knight errant, in immediate politeness, Henryk lets the Fox speak until fully spoken, then, to the Fox, Henryk holds up a gloved hand, to bit him to stop.

"Fox...let me hold your query there, for before I may say a thing to you more, for it is that I am capable to answer so many of your questions, I cannot proceed without addressing...You. Heritage is that which defines us before we may define ourselves, in Faith and Action, and as I and all Glory do witness, you carry the heritage of the Devil in your blood, sir! I am ashamed to have not seen it, mine eyes at times focused on the Divine Image of a thing more than the appearance, and it was not until we parted that your heritage, this...tail, which speaks louder than words...it has, I can say no other way, assaulted my thoughts and brought me to say unto myself that, when the Fox would next arrive to my presence, I would hold him to an account of his heritage, and the taint that he must exist with, day by day.

So before we speak more on others, these Tymountians and their future, speak boldly now on your nature, Fox. How is it that you may deny the blood that flows in your veins, that being the blood of the Devils that you have spoken—at least among the Tymounts—is the same blood that you would fight against, in their Tymount name?

If you are such a being in conflict, and Just acts, mercy and truth are beliefs you follow to hold at bay the Evil that resides in you, then...I see in you a Crusade to be a better "Man" that what stirs inside, and with that, I may crusade alongside you. But if you deny any Evil flows within you from a source, whether desired or not but received in birth, then how could I but consider your words hollow and only sly in order to befool?"

The knight errant speaks long...so very long...but not with a tone of malice, but a evenness that may display his own skill in diplomacy, in order to the facts stand, and an argument given, which to all, when finished and convincing, would allow for a just decision to be found.

ARTHAYER ZORASTRYL — A Magistrati & Magefriend [Bio] * [The Wanderings of...]
PANLOS PAWFOOT — The Essential Nature of...
ERMMAR STONESORROW — Cavestalker of the Darkshard Deviants. Herb Trader.
Wyatt
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Wyatt »

*The copper haired sailor sighs sadly as he listens to the knight's soliloquy. He nods as his speech drags on, silently acknowledging the knight's concerns as he explains them. He glances irritably at the tail, the source of the man's ire, swatting at it with one gloved hand. Finally, as the knight concludes his confrontation, Fox's eyes meet his and he speaks.*

"I must admit that I may not have the words to allay your fears, good sir knight. This origin of which you speak, and of which I am apparently guilty, is newly learned to me as well. All these questions you have asked, have been repeated in my own mind these last tendays and has forced me to doubt all that I had come to know about my youth, my past and my family. All I can ask is for your temperance. I have long been a servant of the commoners hereabouts. I have fought against the very devilish creatures with which you group me not a tenday past, surrounded by others with which I share common purpose. I would not make claim that my assistance was essential, but it was the least I could do to help drive back the devil driven horde of trolls in the moors."

"As my recently discovered origins cast an apparent miasma over all the good I have tried to do in these lands, I suppose I can only fall upon the testament of those whom I name friend, perhaps hoping they can lend a more believable, to your ears at least, credibility to the nature of my character. Alas, I have not seen many of them since my return but perhaps there are still some who would bear witness. In any case, I beg you. Let me help these gentle folk. I humbly submit myself to your supervision, if that must be a condition of my aid. These folks are worth bearing your suspicions for."
*Yellow text means the marshall is in town*

Characters:
The Copper Fox - Scoundrel and Sailor, in that order.
Ol' Ran'll Cobb
Kellan Armstrong - Deacon of Lathander
Steve
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Steve »

The knight errant replies to the Fox:

"The humble act of submitting one's self before judgement, speaks large to the character of a...man," says Henryk, still showing a problem to speak on the Fox's heritage. "I am not given the place to be your judge, Fox...but a code by which any Being does live, shall just as much define them as by their birthright."

"I, Henryk of house Urde, Sword of Tyr, do say in truth that I will not stand in your way as you give unto the Tymountians your resources and your largess. You may prove yourself as you desire to prove yourself, and to yourself...and others shall judge that as they may."

"But let it be clear, between you and I...where you to falter in your way, and the Evil that may course in your blood would take control of your actions and Being, I would be the first to stand upright and with blade and hand, fell such Evil and lay it upon the ground. Let us give into Divine Faith, that such shall never come to be."

The knight errant ends his reply in a matter-of-fact-nesss in tone, yet seems altogether able to accept the Fox as is, in the moment, as the Fox's deeds back up the recent words spoken.

"Now then...you say you have fared well in negotiations with the Golden Wheel...which have shown support for many a prior moment to the refugees. But there is as well the Golden Arrow company, that have pledged toward the Cause for a New Tymount. Beyond that, even more pledges have developed toward a long term prospect for the Tymountians that remain in good Faith to regaining what has been unjustly taken from them...but I cannot speak more, at this time.

Some patience is required, Fox. But that does not mean acts must be put to a pause. Continue forth, I can only say, in your good works...and when I can speak more to you on the Cause, I will."

Wyatt
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Wyatt »

The Fox returns to the refugee camp after some time away, a smile on his face and bounce in his step. He saunters among the people, slapping backs and telling lighthearted jokes."

"Chins up, good people. It can't rain all the time, even on the Sword Coast. Help is coming, don't you doubt it. Look for a wagon around the 28th of Ches and know that you shall always be on my heart."

*He then turns to Henryk, grinning broadly.*

"I've just come from Nashkel, good sir knight, and came straight here to let these goodly folk know. The Golden Wheel will be delivering a full wagonload of much needed supplies on or about the 28th of Ches. I have secured this shipment, signed and certified. *He holds up a rolled parchment. A contract perhaps?* "I plan on accompanying the wagon from Nashkel to the camp should time permit. I do, however have a small favor to ask. One that should not strain you unduly. Should something befall me, I hope that you would act as my second and render payment for the shipment when it arrives. I would not have these people suffer should I be unavailable. I of course will leave you copy of the contract and my personal marker for the remaining amount to be paid in full on receipt of goods. What say you good sir knight?"

Characters:
Ol' Ran'll Cobb
Steve
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Steve »

Wyatt wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:20 am What say you good sir knight?"[/b]
"Goodman Fox, if you see it to entrust me with funds-to-be-paid toward a shipment that will soon arrive for those Souls still at camp, here, in the Farmlands, than be certain that you can take my Word into Trust and I shall pay it on your behalf, to the proper recipient, in chance that your self will not be present to do so.

Furthermore, it would be my pleasure to ask of the Tymount Ten who train under me...and at times with the Golden Arrow company, and single skilled individuals who make it their business to equip the Peoples of Tymount with skills to once again operate as a Township...to ask them to be hands and shoulders for the distribution of said goods, and keep watchful eye upon them, when they are stored before and during use.

As you are correct, your request would not burden me, and that I shall accept the task, I must in turn inform you that such a delivery shall be securely searched and reviewed by Divine Sense, into and upon all the goods that do arrive. The weak still remain at risk to many a foul act, especially those hidden under pretense of goodly motives. As it has been for tendays past, within this Camp, all donations must past a muster, often performed by the Radiant Knights...though, to be honest, I have seen little of their actions within the Camp as of late.

And with this, to this, those of us that do remain present at most times must lift our heads higher and peer farther over and among the People, to be watchful, and prepared...for Evil does never sleep."

Wyatt
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Wyatt »

The Fox waves a hand dismissively as Henryk speaks of divination and searching of the goods due to arrive.

"Of course of course. Do as you see fit. I would expect no less. Know only that I take no part in procuring the goods, only the hiring of the merchant company willing to do so. The goods will be inspected by the Golden Wheel, as the contract states. I would very much appreciate someone on this end to check them as well upon delivery as I am no expert in all matters mercantile. My intention is to clothe and protect these fine people, not bring them to some foul taint by someone thinking to tamper with said goods. And thank you for your willingness to act as my agent if necessary. I do hope to be present for the exchange though."

Characters:
Ol' Ran'll Cobb
Steve
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Steve »

Giving the Fox a small semblance of a smile, he speaks of a certain understanding, in this short reply, before parting ways, for now:

"Goodman Fox...do not speak so...for if you are one to live up to your taken name, then...you will find a creativity to staying alive, even as the hunt barrels down upon you. In the lands far off East from the Sword Coast, where I was born, the fox is one capable of both Good and Evil—a certain distrust in this grayness of morals—but no doubt is given to the effectiveness of the will and their resourcefulness.

I plan on finding your here, again...leading the supply wagon with a pleased expression from your success."

With that, the knight errant lays a hand on the shoulder of the Fox, bearing some weight as expression to the innate strength of Henryk...and perhaps conveying a message of the weight Henryk puts to this belief.

Wyatt
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Wyatt »

The Fox smiles at the sentiment and the touch of companionship. He reaches into his satchel and pulls out two rolled parchments, handing them to Henryk.

"Oh, I have a certain...zest for life...and have sacrificed much to stay above the dirt. Still, death comes for us all eventually. Here is a copy of the contract and my personal marker, as promised. I dearly hope, as you profess to as well, that neither will be needed."

Characters:
Ol' Ran'll Cobb
Wyatt
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Wyatt »

On the 24th day of Ches a wagon laden with goods comes rolling in to the refugee camp from the south. Accompanying it are several agents from the Golden Wheel Trading Company and the young man known simply as the Copper Fox. As the wagon arrives the copper haired youth makes announcement to the camp that winter supplies, namely foodstuffs, cloaks, boots and furs have been purchased and donated for their well being.

A pair of wagons from a competing trade company known as the Twin Daggers are already at the camp and the merchants bemoan that they will now have no trade with the camp. The Fox, ever the opportunist, offers to buy all of their supplies as well. After some haggling by the Golden Wheel director Bethany Wynn, negotiating on Fox's behalf, a deal is struck and money changes hands. The bulk of the goods are distributed throughout the camp. Any surplus is taken to the Temple of Ilmater to be handed out to orphans and the destitute of the city.

The patron can oft be seen in both the camp and the temple, a smile beaming from his face incessantly as he jokes lightly and chit chats with anyone willing to lend an ear. He takes no credit for the donation, instead implying that the merchants and the refugees are the real heroes of the day. He also specifically reminds the refugees that they are in good hands with the knight, Henryk, and his vision of a new Tymount.

Characters:
Ol' Ran'll Cobb
Steve
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Steve »

The knight-errant Henryk of house Urde, the titled Sword of Tyr to the Temple of the Just God of Baldur’s Gate, arrives back to the Tymountian camp after a longer-than-usual time between visits. At his arrival, some of the Tymountians more familiar with Henryk would notice his somewhat road weary appearance, less-than-polished armor and some exhaustion in his movements.

Observing at his arrival the outcome of recent events pertaining to the Camp, a slight improvement to his countenance and his tone of voice—the knight-errant now energized by positive progression for the People.

Noting the donations made and managed by the Fox, Henryk is openly speaking fair praise on The Fox, as he pints to the evidence in what now be actively benefitting the People of Tymount. “New Tymount,” he says, whenever the chance presents itself.

Though...defaulting to vigilance, Henryk does make a small but concentrated examination of the donations overall, in place of the work usually performed by the members of the Radiant Heart chapter, who have been strangely absent from works within the Camp for some time now. Some may raise an eyebrow at the knight-errant’s actions, but Henryk does try and communicate to the concerned that vigilance against Evil Acts is a constant need, and always offered, by him, and the other Faiths present in their Work.

Later, Henryk turns to the Tymount Ten, and their continued training in Arms and Faith...lately empowered by the addition of lessons offered by the Golden Arrow company, in tandem.

To the Tymount Ten, Henryk the Sword of Tyr speaks on...epic specialization:

“One must take upon themselves dedication, in all things that shall carry meaning and cause great action toward your goals. Take this into Faith, take this into Arms...for you will see in the latter your attack bolder and truer, and in the former, you will find the same yet in belief, something from which you will find such a defense that you will not fear, even that which confronts you with insurmountable odds....”

Here, Henryk pauses as if recounting a memory or event still fresh in mind.

“Evil stands to gain when it can manipulate through fear alone, for always by action shall the Good and Lawfully true prevail. Stay true to your hearts desire...such as you stand proudly to defend the continuance of Tymount, such as you hold up your People during the uncertainty that still lingers. When you can fully trust in your own abilities and help of that Truth in your hands, and point the blade toward your enemy and declare openly the Truth to their Actions and their Existence, and charge boldly against the foulness that they may conjure in order to attempt to sway your purpose, then you will feel the surge of the Divine in you, that which cannot be resisted by those Dark Hands of Evil, that infinitely foolish profession that is destined to receive Just Vengeance, when Time calls the moment forth.”

Henryk seems to sermonize with literal and recent roots to his choice words...and though that may be lost on the receiving ears, the deep conviction in his tone, is not.

Balthomer

Unread post by Balthomer »

It was raining on the Eastern Farmlands, two figures on the rain where seen walking, both seemed regal and had a posture that only kings and knights would have, they were talking.
"The rain rages on milord, a blessing for the farmers surely" said a tall man, who had a banner of Ilmater on his left hand.
"We will wait for the rain to stop, so that we can see the rainbow" said the king, Arunir.

"There it is my squire, now let's speak to the refugees" said the king.
They both approached the refugees.

"Good people, hearken to me.
Listen here, I come here with an offer of the likes which you have not heard before.
I am Arunir Baudarim, and to the south of here, I shall make my kingdom.
I bid you all, those of you good of heart and mind to join me.
There may come a time when idling here is no longer safe.
A time when an army of fiends comes forth and destroys all you hold dear, what is left of it.
I shall give you a valuable opportunity, to rebuild your lives in Borbath!

The Prophecy of Borbath is true, the dice of fates have been casted and the roll is favorable, my good people, join Borbath and begin anew, under my legitimate rule and with my knight's protection.
So pack your things and travel south, to Beregost. There we shall meet again, and go forth into Borbath!
Linger not here, where your very selves remain at great peril."

"What is your name?" The King asked one of the refugees "And you?" He asked another, while handling them all a scroll, with the prophecy of Borbath on them.

"Read it often, may it give you hope as it has countless before you."

Then the King and his Squire continued their travels, while delivering both a good number of scrolls.

The prophecy of Borbath reads as follows, the parchment bearing a seal of The Order of the Golden Goose
Image:

A new Kingdom will be born, Time by nations crumbling,
From the ashes of the torn, A new Kingdom will be grown.
The balance restored.
Under morning's bright succor, It's future, towering over all.

For under it's crowned leader, A great new legend can be told,
That of it's noble people, True of heart, and tall, and bold,
And that all of them, together.
Borbathians, kindred spirits all.
Men and women, young and old. they come together, longing more.
For a new herald, of spring and war.

With their true torments protracted, it thunders from them a mustering call,
They come together, one and all,
To hear a grand prophecy declared.
The vision the Goldragon Bore.

Uncounted villains act, assail and foil,
Many onslaughts and betrayals borne.
But Borbath's people with it's knights's support.
Will endure until dawn light's sure comfort.
Where once and for all, all shall hear.

The horror of the Goldragon's roar.
Steve
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Steve »

Henryk the Damaran, the Sword of Tyr of the Temple of Tyr in Baldur's Gate, outspoken champion to the Cause for a New Tymount, this day, stands tall and openly within the Camp, with an idea that the Mayor, Gillan, also stands at this side, along with those who have been called The Tymount Ten, in order to speak to the Tymountians that still hold Faith and Purpose as a Community:

"Peoples of Tymount past and Tymount-that-will-Be...I, Henryk of house Urde, Sword of Tyr and upholder of the Cause spoken for a New Tymount, take great pride in being able to speak to you as recognized Champion to the Community that you continue to hold Faith in, that is tied into Spirit of Homeland and Familial Past. For it has been given unto me the responsibility to represent you in the Duchal Court as liaison to the Cause, that being a New Tymount, that will grow from the ashes made by action of both forces under Evil act as well as those of Good intention. Mayor Gillan, who continues to never waver in his leadership, has asked that the Church of the Just God, be the Word of the Peoples of this New Tymount that rises out of the Old, and the Temple of Baldur's Gate, that being the Abbot Sulnar that has made great act to support the housing and care of many of the Tymountians to flourish inside the walls of the Gate, has given me Right to speak on behalf of the Church, which acts to see Just Vengeance delivered to a People that have seen suffering, such as the case, here.

Furthermore, it is that I deliver to you these two official banners, that being of said New Tymount, that being symbols in form under which all desire can manifest. Let this banners fly high overhead, this Camp...and let this Camp no longer be that of poor refugees seeking shelter, but a stepping stone to that which is Due you be all that is Right in balance, being a New Tymount, and livelihood and purpose. Let these banners give you Name and Strength, more so even, Faith, and ask of me, Henryk, the Sword of Tyr, your Champion, along with the now well trained Tymount Ten of Tyr, to serve you...until that which is desired and owed, comes to pass.

And, let us not forget those Others who have made effort, directly so, to empower you in purpose, and now, if we shall ask of them more, to empower you in Name. Do give credit to the Golden Arrow Company, who have aided and promised more, and to the Fox, and his dealings with other Companies of the south, who make aid available when previous gifted reserves run low. Let us say that the Good Willed and the Good Faithed have appeared when the need was fresh, adn for this, appreciation is not forgotten.

But now the shift in purpose has come, and there is no longer need to act rash and with desperation to seek a future away from your known community and homelands. It is a Time to pave a clear path ahead, one that cannot be achieved unless together, you many Tymountians rallye behind said banner of a New Tymount. Hold together with purpose, and I will speak on your behalf with great Zeal and Faith, that further support shall be gathered behind your Cause."

DM Spartacus
DM

Unread post by DM Spartacus »

A trickle of refugees arrive at a camp at Baldur's gate. A group of ex slaves recently released from Devils in the troll claws are escorted to Baldur's Gate by a Planetar, after a rescue from caves within the mountains. All are in poor health and soon inundated with City support and proper care. Sightings of Devils and their destruction persist.
DM Spartacus
DM

Unread post by DM Spartacus »

An outbreak of various ailments and pox at the camp and the surrounding farms are blamed on the recent arrival of refugees. Among some distress among the original residents and farmers extra clerics and Guards are quickly drafted in from the City in a desperate effort to contain disease and disorder.
Steve
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Steve »

DM Spartacus wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 3:55 am An outbreak of various ailments and pox at the camp and the surrounding farms are blamed on the recent arrival of refugees. Among some distress among the original residents and farmers extra clerics and Guards are quickly drafted in from the City in a desperate effort to contain disease and disorder.
The champion of a New Tymount, the knight-errant of the Temple of the Even Handed, Henryk of house Urde, Damaran of Face and Voice, arrives swiftly to the Camp, once the call is heard throughout the City that an outbreak is on the verge of off-balancing the recent stability that he, along with many others, had worked so diligently to establish.

Henryk the Damaran walks upright and without Fear of the ailments nor pox, making rounds through the Camp, his step and confidence bolstered by an internal Divine Health that propels him, like so many other Faith-based gifts that he has earned from his Dedication to the Just God—gifts he easily and often speaks long to, among the Tymount Ten, among any others that give him audience.

Searching out those most affected, he is able to touch up to Six Sickened by disease, and let flow through his hands the Holy Healing Power of Virtue.

When his strength in this way is deployed and exhausted, he uses whatever leftover energies to separate the affected from those that appear healthy—a small attempt at a quarantine—and solicits the effort of The Tymount Ten—that do remain on guard within the camp—to oversee that a calm is held among the Peoples, for a growing hysteria would only work to interfere with an attempt at cleansing the Camp from the pox...giving as many others that can give such aid, a chance to succeed, by working together, with rapid focus.

Return to “The 1354 (2018) Campaign”