A Hi-Jack of Hearts and an I.O.U

In-Character News, Laws, Announcements, Rumors, and Stories Relating to the Sword Coast

Moderators: Moderator, DM

Rain

Re: A Hi-Jack of Hearts and an I.O.U

Unread post by Rain »

"Do you enjoy this? The rattling the of chains, the smell of rot, the screams of insanity? It would take a man and a mind of something great to be able to ward away these things. They get to you, once you've heard it the 8th. . . 9th time in the hour, I can see it. . . How quickly your head turns at every little movement. . . Every sound. . . Every eye looking upon you. They get to me the very first time. . . Old forgotten memories of a similar past time. Chained and barricaded to slowly be devoured by the very sickness I was striven to overcome. Memories of the soldiers on the fields who died at the hands of both might and magic. Memories of a younger me. . ."

"We are more similar then you think. Even on two sides of this door our past experiences connect straight through the bars. We have experienced it all, that this place of torment wraps around our minds. Slowly corrupting our thoughts while giving us that lacking sense of security that can only be sated when those very bars that drove us into this madness are the very bars that keep our darker selves from showcasing themselves to the world."

"You know I used be a Doctor. A person who gave others around me a second or even third chance at life."

"And now. . .?"

"I trade. . ."

"A life for a life, paid by an. . ."

*A playing card slides under the cell bars towards the jailer.*

I . O . U

Cerebella Dreambreaker - Insectomancer

Larfleeze Keres Hamoa - Plague Doctor

Batibat Kok-Lir Kasdeya - The All-Seeing Eye

"The Ruined Queen" - Leader of The All-Seeing Eyes.

"For the night is dark, and full of terrors."
Balthomer

Unread post by Balthomer »

Tarantulia Phahenon was doing his usual patrols when he met Emeth a wizard who was slightly injured, Tarantulia helped him and blessed him and Emeth and him quickly became friends, while traveling North to Baldur's Gate.

Emeth and Tarantulia exchanged a lot of conversation on the road, and one of the things that came up was the definition of "Justice".

They traveled to the Church of Torm and kept talking for a while while traveling around Baldur's Gate, until they heard someone mention that the "plague doctor" had been finally been captured. Tarantulia had heard of this before but he did not knew that they had captured him. He then turned to Emeth and told him "Do you want to see how they do justice in this city?" Emeth nodded and both went to the Flaming Fist quarters, Tarantulia went there holding his banner of Ilmater high in the air, he told the guards that he wished to speak with the prisoner, for that he was doomed in life but maybe his soul could still be saved.

The went down the stairs and faced the prisoner.

"Ilmater bless you in your darkest hour, I am Tarantulia"
"Emeth is my name sir" said Emeth.

Larfleeze Keres Hamoa introduced himself, he told them both his story of how he used to worship Ilmater in the past, before turning to Talona, about the gnolls and his family.
He sliced a card towards them.

"Know that you can still save your soul, charity and mercy"

"Why are you here?"

"Murder"

"There is a long way from that to murder" said Emeth.

"Ah, you are a smart one" said the Plague Doctor.

He explained his devotions to Talona and what he did and could do.
He then explained them his sentence.

Larfleeze told them how he was devoted to bring plague to the world, and he kept explaining until he realized that they would never share his vision of the world and grew bored of them, as they were not exactly the kind of company he would keep around for long.

Tarantulia and Emeth left the Flaming Fist and had a brief conversation there.

"Maybe, maybe we could help his family, because if he is set free like this right now, he will cause many deaths" said Emeth to Tarantulia.
"I would fight him if it comes to that friend, but you don't always fight evil with a sword" said Tarantulia.

And so Emeth and Tarantulia agreed to work together and see what they could do to help this lost soul in the darkness.
Rain

Unread post by Rain »

Intrigue seems to gather within the jail cells day by day of the powerful doctor Larfleeze. Many would come in from early mornings to late afternoon's see the chained man as if some sort of zoo attraction. Many come and go, others seem to get into heated and or emotional debates with the man. It would seem the even under imprisonment the Doctor still manages to spread his name and grow his list of enemies. . .

Rain

Unread post by Rain »

After a full week of incarceration Larfleeze would be released from his imprisonment by a flaming fist guardsmen, with the warning that they will continue to monitor and investigate the accusations and to stay out of trouble. . .

Only time will tell weather the time he has spent behind bars was for better or worst. . .

Fury_US

Unread post by Fury_US »

A patrol along the frontline closed with a sending of distress, a devil upon a friend and what seemed a certain defeat. Idle conversation cut short, the call was answered, and Watchmen rushed north to hopefully turn tides. Across the Boareskyr, at the abandoned tower a stand off was drawing to a close, only to begin once more as the devil became the doctor, and of him, his sins were known.

"Stand aside" resolutely defied, and soon battle joined- a struggle, a storm, a cloud of contagion spread all around- one man down, but those that stood refused to relent, until at last a monstrous spider made one last push, then found sanctuary in shadows er' he fled, leaving plague in his wake.
Savina Rook- Active
Wren Di'Corvi- Retired
"A bit ex-Zhentric" -Winterborne
Wolfrayne
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Wolfrayne »

After numerous scuffles and fights with the Plague Doctor it would appear that he had finally met his match. Reiker of the Radiant Heart was seen delivering a sack with the head of the good doctor to the Flaming Fist, an aggravated look on his face as he told the man "Next time you let loose a dangerous criminal, you can deal with the consequences... I shouldnt have to clean up this mess"

He gives a full report later that explains in detail how He and many others had been attacked multiple times since the doctors release from prison. With the help of Marmeia, Harjo Crimsonhart and a mage by the name of Xonwaar the doctor was slain. On the way to the gate to deliver the body the druid known as "Thunderbird" argued that the body should be returned to nature, after some harsh words between the group Reiker agreed and severed the Head placing it in a sack to be given to the Fist, the Thunderbird leaving with the remainder of the carcass. No reward was asked for nor accepted.
Reiker Vexx - "Fortune favors the bold"
Cyrus Raviin - "Veritas Credo Oculos"
Rain

Unread post by Rain »

Another bright day looms over-head soon to fall, as lathander's light would slowly descend giving way for the gods and goddesses of the night, moon and stars to bask in their glow. As the night comes so do the whispers from within. . .

"Why have you brought me back. . . Why. . ."

"He awakens by the grace of the Wild, and the Wild alone. The Wild has deemed that a druid still has use."

"The wilds-. . . Are merciful and kind this day to bring forth such a blessing. . . I did not ask for this blessing nor did I want it but. . ."

"A druid serves the Wild! Through and through and through!" "He does not need ask for the Wild's permission to serve nore request of him! The Wild is now not only that which he lives and dies for, but his savior as well."

"Why. . . When you know what I have done. . ."

"He must serve!" "And he will not serve in death!" "Death has no meaning!" "For him or the Wild!" "The Wild has no use for a lack of Druids!"

"And you think this is right?" "I am not with the wild truly. . . The wild has not accepted me. . . It never has and never will. . ." "I am merely a doctor. . . Who was given my gifts. . . For one purpose. . ."

"He can use the Wild's gift, and thus, he is of the Wild fully."

"I may never know why you are so merciful to me who has done so much ill. . ."

"A druid is a druid is a druid." "He cares not for a druid's faith. Only that a druid can serve the Wild well."

"Then I will serve the wild. . . and keep the balance. . ."

In sickness and in health...

LivT

Unread post by LivT »

Iolana turned the playing card over slowly, the sinister image distorting against the firelight. Twice in a single day she crossed paths with this strange person; how swiftly he received the comeuppance she’d warned him about. It had started at the edge of the Sharp Teeth forest, another adventurer racing to warn her about a Devil lurking in the woods. How could she ignore such a thing? Their search was cautious, but sure enough she tracked him, shrouded in his Devil’s form and trying to slip by unseen.

How close it all came to violence… and how little he must have heeded her warnings for him to have been beheaded at the city gates mere hours later.

Her thoughts drifted then to Aesa and the discovery they made; of “the doctor’s” resurrection, his motivations, worse still that he actually was capable of Druid magic. He was driven by some painful loss or mental break, that much had been made clear, but that would not excuse any crime committed. No, the people who upheld the law of the land would want their justice, and she would not stand in their way of delivering it upon him.

But can his mind be healed…? Close the wound at its source? She wondered, and not for the first time cursed her bleeding heart, for she was certainly not the first person to have considered such a thing. Meditation at Eldath’s Shrine would help guide her judgement and decide. To act, or not to act?

Tossing the card aside, Iolana moved then to write a note for the Circle.
Iolanna: High Druidess of the Green Enclave, Arch of the Crescent Moon, Druid of Greenest, Faithful of Eldath

Elle Avery: Knight of the Radiant Heart, Cleric of Tamara

Ophelia Hawthorne: Whitewood Vanguard

Daigon: Guardsman of the Rocky Creek Trading Company
DM Golem

Unread post by DM Golem »

Wolfrayne wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:38 pm After numerous scuffles and fights with the Plague Doctor it would appear that he had finally met his match. Reiker of the Radiant Heart was seen delivering a sack with the head of the good doctor to the Flaming Fist, an aggravated look on his face as he told the man "Next time you let loose a dangerous criminal, you can deal with the consequences... I shouldnt have to clean up this mess"

He gives a full report later that explains in detail how He and many others had been attacked multiple times since the doctors release from prison. With the help of Marmeia, Harjo Crimsonhart and a mage by the name of Xonwaar the doctor was slain. On the way to the gate to deliver the body the druid known as "Thunderbird" argued that the body should be returned to nature, after some harsh words between the group Reiker agreed and severed the Head placing it in a sack to be given to the Fist, the Thunderbird leaving with the remainder of the carcass. No reward was asked for nor accepted.
The Flaming Fist desk sergeant is at first confused, but then at Reiker's attitude he is angry. Its clear only Reiker's membership of the Radiant Heart keeps a check on that.

"We released this one because they served time for the assault in the Well which we dealt with. We keep the laws of Baldur's Gate in her territory, and its clearly stated where that applies. We haven't heard tell of any crimes since, either. So if she's attacked you and yours out there, it was one for frontier justice, which you've delivered. Likewise, the head isn't our's to dispose of, I suggest you leave it for the crows like you presumably left the rest."

The head is thus rejected.
Wolfrayne
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Wolfrayne »

*Reiker gives the man a solid glare, taking the head and leaving the building* "Ill remember that next time the bodies of your men start piling up" *he says in a mumbled grumble to himself*
Reiker Vexx - "Fortune favors the bold"
Cyrus Raviin - "Veritas Credo Oculos"
Rain

Unread post by Rain »

Art. . .

An expression of creativity. . .

Of culture. . .

Of skilled practice. . .

I am not an artist nor do I critique it's many variations, but even in the eyes of a common doctor art is beautiful.

We have made art today mistress, even though it may be my first attempt it is something I will not forget.

It's shade of green. . .

It's sparkle of red. . .

It is. . .

Beautiful. . .

Balthomer

Ilveth and Iolana had been patroling the shrines of the Druid Circle, Iolana found out that the Shrine of Mielikki had been desecrated and they rushed to restore the shrine and undo the evil that had been done.

Then, Iolana and Ilveth set on to look after the other shrines and looking for the Doctor.
Balthomer

They arrived to the shrine of Silvanus and found it intact

Rain

Unread post by Rain »

"Let pain be as pleasure."

"For life and death are in balance."

"For Death is powerful and should be paid proper homage and respect."

"Death is the true power."

"The great equalizer."

"And the lesson that waits for all."

"In time. . ."

"Let us keep the balance as one."

"In your name, mother of plagues."

LivT

Unread post by LivT »

A druidess checks the marked place and finds the message for the Plague Doctor untouched. She frowns, shaking her head.

"Perhaps we must find other means of contacting you," she muttered to herself, "I only hope the hold of your God is not too strong now, and made you forget your kin."

She replaced the note and left the place, returning to her usual duties.
Iolanna: High Druidess of the Green Enclave, Arch of the Crescent Moon, Druid of Greenest, Faithful of Eldath

Elle Avery: Knight of the Radiant Heart, Cleric of Tamara

Ophelia Hawthorne: Whitewood Vanguard

Daigon: Guardsman of the Rocky Creek Trading Company

Return to “Sword Coast Roleplay”