There and back again - a Topic's tale for BG'sCommunity

Off-Topic Community Conversations and Discussions

Moderators: Moderator, DM

sweetlikesplenda

Re: There and back again - a Topic's tale for BG'sCommunity

Unread post by sweetlikesplenda »

Hey all!

I wanted to give an update on my disappearance.

About a month ago I was emergency rushed to the hospital due to diabetic and kidney complications. While in the hospital I was diagnosed with end stage kidney failure. I had a catheter installed in my chest and placed on Dialysis, then eventually released from the hospital, after three weeks. Ive been recovering and adjusting to my new life on dialysis and all the new changes. Ive also been experiencing complication to my vision, due to the issues Ive been having. I am undergoing laser surgery to my eyes soon, but will take some time to recover.

It will be a bit more time before I am able to see well enough and feel up to playing. But, I hope to be able to log in after a couple/few weeks and be a part of the community again!
Aaron Lyonaler - Favored Soul of The Red Knight, Grand Knight of the Radiant Heart, Advisor to Duke Eltan, Order of Lions Member
Bio, Journal

"A proper example is a greater weapon for Good than the sword."
-Aaron Lyonaler
Maecius
Retired Admin

Unread post by Maecius »

That's a terribly scary situation to have to go through, for both you and for your family, sweetlikesplenda. I'm very glad that they were able to intervene and save your life! I look forward to your rejoining us once you've recovered a bit more. :) Don't sweat the eye surgery, either: I had laser eye surgery myself and it only took like fifteen or twenty minutes and the difference was night-and-day.

Stay strong and stay positive. We're glad you're home.
LISA100595
Retired Staff

Unread post by LISA100595 »

Holy #2 balls! Wow that's some challenges right there! Glad you made it through and have the strength to continue the fight! I know how it feels not feeling well enough to play for sure, been battling the increased pain for a few months now. Don't feel pressured, just come back and play when you feel up to it. We'll still be here God willing. :)
Last edited by Wyatt on Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Violation of rule 5
Lady Elvina Aira-S'efarro - The Order of the Silver Rose
Salaria - Bounty Hunter half-sister of Darius Brothers
Angelina Northstar - Holy Warrior of Tyr / Knight of the Silver Rose
Matilda Stonehold - Honorable Sheild Dwarf
Loriah Swift - Morninglord of Lathander
Glowfire

Unread post by Glowfire »

Wishing you the best on your recovery and adjustment Sweetlikesplenda. That sounds tough but I echo what others have said. Look after yourself first and foremost. We'll be around!
Power is the most persuasive rhetoric.
Friedrich von Schiller
Mash

Unread post by Mash »

Haven't been around much for the last two weeks due to work. I am looking forward to come back here and be more active again ASAP :dance:
Account name: Senshuu

Active characters
Cerys Whitecliff
AgentOrange

Unread post by AgentOrange »

I will be visiting family May 1-7. I live in a different state and only see my parents, brother, and nieces once, or maybe twice per year.

I decided not to bring my laptop so as to avoid the temptation of logging in. The point is to visit and spend time with family.

I hope you understand. I will be on Discord via phone app, so if you want to say hi or alert me to an IC missive, I won't be completely incommunicado.
.:Marietta Thairo:. Former Dreadlord. Hell on heels. Retired with her family somewhere.
Freedom will not bring a better tomorrow.
DM Golem

Unread post by DM Golem »

PSA: I am regularly busy with work in the last week of each month but this month its run into a family visit and now, a bout of sickness. I am very behind on my PMs and so if you have something urgent I haven't replied to, feel free to poke me again about it, as I have over 200 unread messages in my inbox at this point, that I have to sift through - there will be a timelag on this!
Cinta

Unread post by Cinta »

RL got too busy and tiring for me lately, I can't keep up to play Syndreth to the quality I wanted, so I'm putting her on a hiatus and taking a brake.
Have fun in the meantime! ;)
?
Ravial

Unread post by Ravial »

Hope everything goes well for you out there, Cinta! <3
"I sometimes wonder if Ravial is actually rav'ialquessir irl" ~ Colonic 2017

~Viridiana Lydhaer - Retired. Silverymoon!
~Arundae Dyraalis - Retired.
~Amaevael Laelyssil - Retired, Selu'Taar on Evermeet
~Laeria Amarillis - #HideThePainLaeria

Ravial ~ By CommanderKrieg ~
DM Golem

DM Golem wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:53 pm PSA: I am regularly busy with work in the last week of each month but this month its run into a family visit and now, a bout of sickness. I am very behind on my PMs and so if you have something urgent I haven't replied to, feel free to poke me again about it, as I have over 200 unread messages in my inbox at this point, that I have to sift through - there will be a timelag on this!

....this is very much still in effect. I'm catching up, but the chances of me overlooking something from 5 weeks ago are high

Please do poke if you think I'm ignoring you!
AgentOrange

Unread post by AgentOrange »

AgentOrange wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:40 pm I will be visiting family May 1-7. I live in a different state and only see my parents, brother, and nieces once, or maybe twice per year.

I decided not to bring my laptop so as to avoid the temptation of logging in. The point is to visit and spend time with family.

I hope you understand. I will be on Discord via phone app, so if you want to say hi or alert me to an IC missive, I won't be completely incommunicado.
Reminder for those I regularly play with. I'm trying to "unplug" as much as possible for this visit, but I still have the Discord app on my phone if you want to say hi.
.:Marietta Thairo:. Former Dreadlord. Hell on heels. Retired with her family somewhere.
Freedom will not bring a better tomorrow.
DM Golem

I'm snowed under with end of month start of month work again so PM replies slow - I will be doing a catchup on Saturday or Sunday but those promised end of this week alas waiting till then!
Maecius
Retired Admin

Unread post by Maecius »

I'll be out of town for work stuff until the 17th of May. Any PMs meant for me, please also include the HDMs (if it's rules or lore related) or Chambordini and Valefort (if it's tech related) in your message. I should have some Internet access, but I don't know how much time I'll have to check in here until I'm back home.
DM Golem

DM Golem wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 5:07 pm I'm snowed under with end of month start of month work again so PM replies slow - I will be doing a catchup on Saturday or Sunday but those promised end of this week alas waiting till then!
Turns out I had to work yesterday and then have been struck down with the lurgy so I don't think I'll get through it all. I have to fly to Scotland tomorrow so I probably have some enforced time in the hotel room after I land or on the train back on Tuesday so I hope to catch up then.
Arn

Unread post by Arn »

Out of the country until May 22! Never been to Europe before. As a D&D nerd, I am looking forward to seeing the motherland. :D
Mi-Le (彌勒) - "Meditate, monks. Do not be negligent, lest you regret it later." ((-Saṃyutta Nikāya 35.146))
-Monk of the Old Order and the Way. Will not kill.
-[IC Journal]
-[Bio]

((Feel free to reach out to Mi-Le for forum RP!))

Wendi - Haggling crafter. [Bio]
Anatti
Meredith

Return to “Community”