Unread post by Fury_US »

Late to this post, but yes please, rideable horses in BG <3
Savina Rook- Active
Wren Di'Corvi- Retired
"A bit ex-Zhentric" -Winterborne
Yumi

Re: New D&D Forgotten Realms server?

Unread post by Yumi »

Maecius wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 5:51 pm If you have a Discord, shoot me a PM with your Discord ID. We can probably plug you into the NWN2 developer community if you'd like to pick the brains of some of the community's most prolific and successful content developers. They'll probably be able to offer you more assistance (at least with technical questions) than the general public, and many of them have set up servers themselves over the years.
I'd love that Maecius, and maybe even do some work for BG? I'm commited to getting the ridable horses pack finished, but at the moment i'm still picking up the toolset. I'll shoot you a PM now :)
Characters
Colten White - 'Fighting with style'
Belthazor - Mad scientist'
Yumi

Re: New D&D Forgotten Realms server?

Unread post by Yumi »

Thanks to Maecius I think i've got the toolset foundation pretty solid and even made a few maps :dance: I've made a lot of progress on the server but any help or interest would be encouraging.

I've highlighted the areas i've mapped in black circles
Hidden: show
And here is a shot of the toolset standing at 280 areas at the moment.

I've kept the highroad / trade roads empty of monsters and added in relevent patrols which will cross in and out of the map to give it the illusion of being a busy road.

I've copied over the default crafting scripts but cut out anything over +4...i'm now looking at the horse scripts. Unless I see a big enough desire for this server i'm going to put this project on hold, its a lot of work for me to pull off on my own and all things considering i've done pretty well so far :P

Once I finish off the scripts and patch in some proper animations I am hoping to work with the BG team and hopefully (up to the BG crew) get horse riding, proper horse riding on BG. How cool would that be!

P.S want to thank Maecius for introducing me to the NWN2 admin channel <3 the people there have been a huge help in learning the toolset and server related stuff.
Characters
Colten White - 'Fighting with style'
Belthazor - Mad scientist'

Return to “Community”