100% RCR

For Issues, Ideas, or Subjects That Do Not Fit Elsewhere

Moderators: Moderator, DM

jclay65

100% RCR

Unread post by jclay65 »

Can we get an update on the 100% RCR? Has it started, how long do we have and is it working properly?
Theodore01
Recognized Donor

Re: 100% RCR

Unread post by Theodore01 »

it works fine
Yumi

Unread post by Yumi »

It was taken out recently due to some 'bugs' but it is back now and fully live :)

Just a heads up though please try and avoid campfires as your items are at risk of being lost.
Characters
Colten White - 'Fighting with style'
Belthazor - Mad scientist'
cosmic ray

Unread post by cosmic ray »

Is it really fine? My mind would be more at ease if a staff member or one of the admins explicitly gave that assurance. Or has one already done that and I missed it?
You are fined one credit for a violation of the Verbal Morality Statute.
Maecius
Retired Admin

Unread post by Maecius »

Most people seem to have had no issues with it.

If you do run into a problem, let us know, but haven't heard of any in the past couple of days.
Unastine

Unread post by Unastine »

Recently rcr'd with a 22 level PC and that was all fine..
cosmic ray

Unread post by cosmic ray »

When is the last day of this 100% RCR period?
You are fined one credit for a violation of the Verbal Morality Statute.
Maecius
Retired Admin

Unread post by Maecius »

Presently undecided. Probably the next full update (we do them about once a month). We'll try to announce at least a week in advance before we turn it off.
jclay65

Unread post by jclay65 »

I am finding it very difficult to anything to do with an RCR. The server seem to be very unstable. I know you can't prevent every crash, but I have lost track of all the items I have lost when the server does crash. I hate asking/begging someone to help with what can be a very time consuming task, so most of the time I just take the chance and find a quiet place to leave the items and hope they don't get lost do to a server crash. I do try and find someone to help me with the more valuable items and of course the gold. I hope this doesn't come across the wrong way, I know there are a lot of great people working hard just so I will have a place to play this game and I would like to thank each and every one of them. Maybe I just need to take a break and hope I can still catch the 100% RCR before it ends.
Svabodnik

Unread post by Svabodnik »

If a personal account gold/item trade/storage system is currently under consideration, or if I could push a semblance of such into the realm of "consideration", my monthly stipend of upvotes/likes would go towards it.
"...I know that kind of man / It's hard to hold the hand of anyone / Who is reaching for the sky just to surrender..." – Leonard Cohen, The Stranger Song
AlwaysSummer Day
Recognized Donor

Unread post by AlwaysSummer Day »

Don't feel bad about asking me to hold stuff while you rcr. Enough people have helped me over the years and it is only fair that I pay it forward.
Roland; svirfneblin fist of the forest and eco terrorist.
Heinrich Von Rittermark; Everwatch Knights of Helm
Frederick Von Rittermark; Paladin of Azuth/Mystra
Erik Von Rittermark; Unknown
Glowfire

Unread post by Glowfire »

Just ask someone in the Nexus to hold your things. Sometimes people are afk or are doing other things, so you might wait a bit but everyone's been in your shoes and paying it forward is the norm. You can also hop into the BG Discord and someone might be happy to login and give you a hand if you can't find anyone in the Nexus (the struggle of some timezones!).

It really isn't considered a huge bother unless you take absolute ages to pick the right hair for your character. The way to make RCRs quicker is to have the new lvl 1 PC already created. You have Bob and create Bobb. So when someone helps you, they don't need to wait for you to go through character creation. As usual, you then wait a reset and ask a DM to re-name your PC back to Bob.
Power is the most persuasive rhetoric.
Friedrich von Schiller
Never Twice

Unread post by Never Twice »

I helped 3 people today doing RCRs. It's not a big deal. I would gladly help anyone in the community if they ask. "Storms are Coming" is my log in!
"Make Hymn Great Again!"
Stanley The Male

Unread post by Stanley The Male »

Currently intended on using the RCR when I get back. My internet has been out for nearly 2 weeks. Might not make it :(
Currently playng:

Naryl Yviran - Sun Elf mageling.
Kiran

Unread post by Kiran »

Just pm the DM team with your problem. They will more than likely understand and if RCR is off and you come back, having sent such a message, you should be able to get a token.

But is always best to ask in advance so they understand that you are having internet problems currently.
Player of:

Damian Pascal, - Run away/dead. - Background - Corruption from Within
Amenthes Serb, Knight - Gone missing/Supposed dead Background
Tamzim Renima, mercenary - Handed over to the fist. Background
Kiran, Golden Wheel - Presumed dead
Althalous Fenwick, Paladin of Mystra. - A memory lost

Return to “General Discussion”