Thief acrobat Springboard flagged as a mind-affecting ability

It Does What It Says on the Tin: Resolved Issues

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

Farmboy2003

Thief acrobat Springboard flagged as a mind-affecting ability

Unread post by Farmboy2003 »

I'm not sure if this is intended, but using springboard on the beetles in the lions way area gives me a message that they are immune to mind affecting abilities.

I appreciate that beetles with a very different physiology to humanoids would be immune to springboard. Although I can imagine using a beetle shell as a trampoline of sorts.

My beef is that if Springboard is set as a mind-affecting ability in the game, that it can be negated by protection from alignment spells - and several foes (that would usually be affected by it) is also immune to it?
Fyevarra: Rashemi Whirlwind - Danger, exitement, daring escapes!
Theodore01
Recognized Donor

Re: Thief acrobat Springboard flagged as a mind-affecting ability

Unread post by Theodore01 »

It's great as it is -think about it of confusing the enemies with your jumping. Not many PVE are using prot. from evil.
KOPOJIbPAKOB
Retired Staff

Unread post by KOPOJIbPAKOB »

It's not about ability itself, but the effect it applies. Stun is a mind-affecting condition, and springboard doesn't do anything affecting enemies except stun, so everything's logical.
(\/);,;(\/)

Discord: Nastya Raynor#3136

Pink is me speaking on behalf of the Media Team, everything else is just my player opinion.
Farmboy2003

Unread post by Farmboy2003 »

Theodore01 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:16 pm It's great as it is -think about it of confusing the enemies with your jumping. Not many PVE are using prot. from evil.
It is. I just don't see it as a mind affecting effect i all. But I suppose stun can't be changed. then it would need to be another kind of effect.
Fyevarra: Rashemi Whirlwind - Danger, exitement, daring escapes!
Ewe

Unread post by Ewe »

I just want to chime in that beetles in dnd are classified as vermin. Like all vermin creatures they are immune to mind effecting spells. This is because vermin don't use intelligence, they are neutral creatures, and they work off of pure instinct alone.

That said, I hope that springboard isn't ruining the challenge or fun of the server's beetle content.
AKA Dae-Glyth
Discord: Dae-Glyth#1759
Scorpius

Unread post by Scorpius »

Ewe wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:30 am I just want to chime in that beetles in dnd are classified as vermin. Like all vermin creatures they are immune to mind effecting spells. This is because vermin don't use intelligence, they are neutral creatures, and they work off of pure instinct alone.

That said, I hope that springboard isn't ruining the challenge or fun of the server's beetle content.
XD lol
Daishi Tora
Kensei, Master of the Hiten Mitsurugi Tora sword technic. (Phoenix Company), seeking "The Way"(Follower of the old order), Bladestone Foundation
Kaoi Kaze - Crimson Blade - Blackrose - Last Order
Isha Yahto - Shaman

Return to “Solved Problems”