Rumors & Events of Soubar

In-Character News, Laws, Announcements, Rumors, and Stories Relating to the Sword Coast

Moderators: Moderator, DM

Leramak

Re: Rumors & Events of Soubar

Unread post by Leramak »

DM Arrakeen wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:02 pm
Leramak wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:57 pm Morgan would find and inform the Foreman showing him where the sabatoge was done throughout the wall " who in particular worked on this section of the wall" She would ask with a irritated voice, Her red eyes bright as her anger began to rise
DM Arrakeen wrote:The news of the sabotage shook and angered the foreman. Spitting expletives, the man located the workers responsible for that part of the wall. Before Morgan could speak to them, however, the foreman demanded Alland be present.
Balthomer wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:41 pm Alland and Brigitte are closeby and approach the scene.
DM Arrakeen wrote:With Alland and Brigitte present, the foreman questioned the workers, and all of them vehemently denied having anything to do with it. Together the group inspected the sabotaged parts carefully. The workers speculated that this could have only been done after each section was completed. A mason from another shift joined during the discussion and revealed that they found two more bags with the wrong component used to make the binding solution.
"Where did the you acquire or who supplied the agents used in the binding solution?" Morgan asked clearly now enraged as negative energy coursed at her finger tips
Last edited by Leramak on Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amos Thistle Lord of Fort Prominence, The Golden Hand Trading Company

Mcgrath WestGuard - Whitewood Vanguard

Morgan Nightgale - Retired Vampire Matron of House Nightgale
Featherfox
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Featherfox »

"Ms. Blackrose, please calm down. Anger and irrational behaviour plays into our saboteur's hands. Save your rage for the enemy - either at our doorstep or abroad."

Brigitte lays a calming hand on the necromancer's shoulder. "I believe these men. They want this wall to be as strong as they are. They love their work and love that we treat them well despite our location. Our saboteur is not a construction worker."
DM Arrakeen
Retired Staff

Unread post by DM Arrakeen »

Leramak wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:09 pm "Where did the you acquire or who supplied the agents used in the binding solution?" Morgan asked clearly now enraged as negative energy cursed at her finger tips
DM Arrakeen wrote:Some of the men's faces reddened with rage at the allegation they heard in the necromancer's words. But before they could counterattack...
Featherfox wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:17 pm "Ms. Blackrose, please calm down. Anger and irrational behaviour plays into our saboteur's hands. Save your rage for the enemy - either at our doorstep or abroad."

Brigitte lays a calming hand on the necromancer's shoulder. "I believe these men. They want this wall to be as strong as they are. They love their work and love that we treat them well despite our location. Our saboteur is not a construction worker."
DM Arrakeen wrote:The workers looked at Gitty with appreciation. The foreman grunted thanks, rubbing the back of his neck nervously.

"The agents were procured together with the stone, but this is clearly not what we've prepared," he motioned to the compromised bags. "We don't even pack it this way. My men are not to blame," his tone hardened as he glared at Morgan.
Guidelines for my events
Remember: It's just a game. No need to get sad, angry or vengeful over it.

Server Rules
DM Rulings
Featherfox
Recognized Donor

Brigitte nods in agreement. "Our saboteur fancies themselves a sneaky bastard then. Well, if it's a bastard they wish to be, a bastard will be on watch for them. I've some things to take care of, but I'll see if the Baron can spare me to aid in watching over our supplies. This wall is a very high priority, and we don't need our devil neighbours learning of our troubles."
Leramak

Unread post by Leramak »

Featherfox wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:29 pm Brigitte nods in agreement. "Our saboteur fancies themselves a sneaky bastard then. Well, if it's a bastard they wish to be, a bastard will be on watch for them. I've some things to take care of, but I'll see if the Baron can spare me to aid in watching over our supplies. This wall is a very high priority, and we don't need our devil neighbours learning of our troubles."
Morgan closes her eyes for a moment and bites her tongue, when she opens then the rage is gone from her eyes and the energy around her right hand ceases "you are right, my apologizes. My anger gets the better of me sometimes. I'm sure we all feel enraged by this" Morgan softens, then say "I offer 20 bags of gold to anyone that can give me information leading to the capture of the culprit"
Amos Thistle Lord of Fort Prominence, The Golden Hand Trading Company

Mcgrath WestGuard - Whitewood Vanguard

Morgan Nightgale - Retired Vampire Matron of House Nightgale
Featherfox
Recognized Donor

Leramak wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:35 pm
Featherfox wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:29 pm Brigitte nods in agreement. "Our saboteur fancies themselves a sneaky bastard then. Well, if it's a bastard they wish to be, a bastard will be on watch for them. I've some things to take care of, but I'll see if the Baron can spare me to aid in watching over our supplies. This wall is a very high priority, and we don't need our devil neighbours learning of our troubles."
Morgan closes her eyes for a moment and bites her tongue, when she opens then the rage is gone from her eyes and the energy around her right hand ceases "you are right, my apologizes. My anger gets the better of me sometimes. I'm sure we all feel enraged by this" Morgan softens, then say "I offer 20 bags of gold to anyone that can give me information leading to the capture of the culprit"
"You should inform Mag of that. She'll get the word out to the right people and get this expedited. Trust me, it'll help. Also, let her know what your suspicions are." Brigitte turns to the workers. "You've dealt with enough already. Everyone knows you aren't the ones to blame. I ask for your help though; it's clear someone wants all of us - you and us - to die to those devils out there. That is a fact. We can't tolerate that kind of thing. I won't let your hard work get ruined in this manner!"
DM Arrakeen
Retired Staff

Leramak wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:35 pm Morgan closes her eyes for a moment and bites her tongue, when she opens then the rage is gone from her eyes and the energy around her right hand ceases "you are right, my apologizes. My anger gets the better of me sometimes. I'm sure we all feel enraged by this" Morgan softens, then say "I offer 20 bags of gold to anyone that can give me information leading to the capture of the culprit"
Featherfox wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:38 pm "You should inform Mag of that. She'll get the word out to the right people and get this expedited. Trust me, it'll help. Also, let her know what your suspicions are." Brigitte turns to the workers. "You've dealt with enough already. Everyone knows you aren't the ones to blame. I ask for your help though; it's clear someone wants all of us - you and us - to die to those devils out there. That is a fact. We can't tolerate that kind of thing. I won't let your hard work get ruined in this manner!"
DM Arrakeen wrote: While some of them still were shooting daggers at Morgan, the rest of the workers seemed placated by Gitty's words. Eventually, after some discussion and with new shift arrangements in place, they began to disperse. The reparations set the construction back a few days, and yet the air of grim motivation settled among the workers.
Guidelines for my events

Server Rules
DM Rulings
Balthomer

Unread post by Balthomer »

A man in white mithral full plate and conquistador helmet remains the whole night and day watching the wall as it is being built, he sometimes takes time to go to Boaresky Bridge or the Fort in a very sporadic manner, otherwise he remains like a satue sometimes, just watching, for those who know him, the permanent smile that used to remain on his face is long gone, replaced by a plain and emotionless expression.

At other times he would approach the merchants and make small talk with them, he would ask them if they are looking for something in particular or if they need anything, he would also proudly comment on how the Ebon Blades defended Boaresky Bridge and their efforts on repairing the walls.
Featherfox
Recognized Donor

Brigitte walks the walls of Soubar in routine patrols since the sabotage was discovered. She works with the Foreman in charge of any team to ensure that what they want watched - is watched. While on duty Brigitte will call some of the workers by name and give them words of encouragement. She also offers her services as an on-site medic, though if Resnik is around she won't push into his territory.

When not acting as the wall's new watchdog, Brigitte can be seen going around town talking to all the citizens of Soubar. From the merchants, to the mindflayer, the wererats, and more. She stresses the importance of the wall, how we're all in it together, and tries to generally rally morale and support for the workers.

If questioned, she informs the Foreman that she's been assigned to be the wall's security. However, she wants to work with the crew and not get in their way. She's there to help and protect; nothing more.
DM Arrakeen
Retired Staff

Balthomer wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:06 pm A man in white mithral full plate and conquistador helmet remains the whole night and day watching the wall as it is being built, he sometimes takes time to go to Boaresky Bridge or the Fort in a very sporadic manner, otherwise he remains like a satue sometimes, just watching, for those who know him, the permanent smile that used to remain on his face is long gone, replaced by a plain and emotionless expression.
Featherfox wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:28 pm Brigitte walks the walls of Soubar in routine patrols since the sabotage was discovered. She works with the Foreman in charge of any team to ensure that what they want watched - is watched. While on duty Brigitte will call some of the workers by name and give them words of encouragement. She also offers her services as an on-site medic, though if Resnik is around she won't push into his territory.

If questioned, she informs the Foreman that she's been assigned to be the wall's security. However, she wants to work with the crew and not get in their way. She's there to help and protect; nothing more.
DM Arrakeen wrote:The repair crews continued to work on the sabotaged sections of the Wall. Knowing that time was not on their side, the other construction workers tended to the rest of the project in a desperate attempt to put it back on track. A few expressed their gratitude to Alland and Brigitte for taking care of the security while they could focus solely on their duties. The initial outrage began to wane.
Balthomer wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:06 pm At other times he would approach the merchants and make small talk with them, he would ask them if they are looking for something in particular or if they need anything, he would also proudly comment on how the Ebon Blades defended Boaresky Bridge and their efforts on repairing the walls.
Featherfox wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:28 pm

When not acting as the wall's new watchdog, Brigitte can be seen going around town talking to all the citizens of Soubar. From the merchants, to the mindflayer, the wererats, and more. She stresses the importance of the wall, how we're all in it together, and tries to generally rally morale and support for the workers.
///Guys, roll Diplomacy and/or Charisma.///
///Edit: Including feedback based on roll results.///
DM Arrakeen wrote:The reception of their efforts varied from mixed to good. A few of the local muscle offered to help the workers for a small fee, while others refused quite harshly. The merchants mentioned that most of them are still debating whether to stay or leave early, a few could have been seen packing their wagons in case they needed to flee. The illithid could not be less interested in whatever the woman wanted, the creature departed Soubar later that day and so did the pixies. A pair of local grunts asked what they pay was, if they were to help digging trenches at the bridge.
Guidelines for my events

Server Rules
DM Rulings
YourMoveHolyMan
Recognized Donor

Unread post by YourMoveHolyMan »

Lt. Dunn of the Ebon Blades notifies the men and women of the Bastard Company that he's going to be preoccupied for the next day or two, making notations to maps as he scouts out trails and paths leading from Soubar into the surrounding area of the Troll Claws. Change is in the wind, and preparations must be made.
Michael Dunn

“There is more than one sort of prison, Captain," Chirrut said. "I sense that you carry yours wherever you go.”
FearBeforeTheFlames

Unread post by FearBeforeTheFlames »

Kordren Ivatrix walks along the walls of Soubar for some time. He does not appear to be looking for anything in particular, though he could be observed counting his steps. Near the Southern Exit of the city, he marks a large 'X' against the a sizable tree present just outside the gate stained with red ink. Kordren would spend the next few candlemarks preparing a small platform at the tree's base, weaving arcane words into the area and designating magick. Arcane light flashes around the magi. Soon after, Kordren could be seen conversing in the center of town with two members of the Ebon Blade.Those nearby may hear mention of an evacuation plan, should Soubar's war take a turn further towards dire.

//Spell attempt - Teleportation Circle. RP occurred in game. PM sent to DM team.
Alexander Marshall - Duty Bind
Fear "...I had hoped they had known me better than this."
Kordren Ivatrix - A Tale of Loss and Darkness
The"It is inevitable."
Aelrynn Valdrick - Hunter in the Woods
Flames"Hearin' alot o' that lately."
Glowfire

Unread post by Glowfire »

Featherfox wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:28 pm Brigitte walks the walls of Soubar in routine patrols since the sabotage was discovered. She works with the Foreman in charge of any team to ensure that what they want watched - is watched. While on duty Brigitte will call some of the workers by name and give them words of encouragement. She also offers her services as an on-site medic, though if Resnik is around she won't push into his territory.
Those living in and frequenting Soubar would have noticed that Kazimir Resnik is mostly absent from the place after Boareskyr Bridge has been assaulted by devils. The healing tent hasn't been taken down, instead he's given full use of it to the monk Mi-Le.

A somewhat odd, to some people perhaps, rumour floats around - that Kazimir is now not only a Director for the Golden Wheel Trading Company but also its Chairman. The truth of it might be strengthened by that he pays slightly more care to his appearance than usual when he is seen in Soubar and has forgone his hood in favour of a golden circlet - revealing a tousled head of light brown hair.
Power is the most persuasive rhetoric.
Friedrich von Schiller
Balthomer

Unread post by Balthomer »

A man with a moustache is seen around walking near Soubar walls, watching the workers closely, whenever the cries of battle from the bridge are heard, he runs up near the entrance and climbs the stairs of the Ebon Blade hold to watch the battle from the tower, he readies his sword and his armor and remains with the other ebon blade mercenaries who remain at the Fort.
SharpGn2
Recognized Donor

Unread post by SharpGn2 »

Mara Irisko, Second Blade with the Ebon Blade Company, is sent out by Lieutenant Dunn in search of workers to gather lumber for defenses on Boareskyr Bridge. Her journey takes her South into the Ride, where she meets her first potential worker.

With her first worker in tow, she arrives at the Gate and makes contact with a foreign man – communication is difficult, but at least a common ground to follow her for work is established.

Departing into the Farmlands, another man is found and recruited,

… and the last of the working party is none other but a Recruit of the Ebon Blades.

Mara leads the group, forming a small caravan through the Ride and to the Bridge. Resistance is encountered, but it is minor for the would be lumberjacks. Arriving at the front, and then swiftly moving Eastward to be out of danger, the workers are made to gather around as the woman draws up a contract, being a Waukeenar. She details the stipulations of the contract. Terms of pay, maximum reimbursement for healing kits should injury occur, and expectations.

Some refuse to sign, wishing to offer their work for free. Others move to sign the contract… until a potential worker apparently ruined it in some form or another. Shouting and fighting broke out before the woman was heard screaming and chasing a hooded figure and a small dragon from the scene.

With the issue resolved and emotions high, signing was completed, initial pays given, and work began.

All in all, two dozen logs were chopped and dragged down by man and summoned creature. Stacked just off the dirt, with large enough limbs for the effort kept and stocked, lumber was made available to build defenses.
Mara Irisko - A Loudmouth and Vulgar Woman

Return to “Sword Coast Roleplay”