Reform / Recreate "Contacts for guilds" thread.

For Issues, Ideas, or Subjects That Do Not Fit Elsewhere

Moderators: Moderator, DM

KOPOJIbPAKOB
Retired Staff

Reform / Recreate "Contacts for guilds" thread.

Unread post by KOPOJIbPAKOB »

Contacts for guilds.

This thread is soooo wildly, unapologetically out of date, and it stays this way for ages. Some guilds (Candlekeep, Performer's guild, Radiant Heart) have changed their leadership long time ago and the contacts in the thread are obsolette. Some guilds (like Zar Ut Khan, Bladestone foundation, Hellstorm crew, Whistling Wandress, Church of Mystra) are pretty much inactive, dead if you like. Some guilds (such as Blooded Lotus, Coven of Darkness, Cult of the Dragon, Temple of Lolth), weeell... what are even those guilds? When was the last time you heard anything about them if heard at all?

"Contacts for guilds" thread is not a museum for all the guilds that have ever been around in 10 years. It's meant to be a guideline for new players who would like to get involved into some guilds RP. Being a new player several years ago, I stepped into that trap myself and was then wondering why it's so hard to join a guild, I had no idea I'm trying to contact a guild that was dead at that time and is dead still, yet for whatever reason remaining at the contacts thread to this day. While important guilds such as Golden Wheel that just were founded later have never made their way to this thread.

What I suggest is just lock, erase, archive (underline what you like) the old thread and create a new one, with an up-to-date information that gets updated every season or on guild representatives' request.

The only objection to it I can imagine is "but it's a lot of work!". Well, I can do it myself if admins allow me.
(\/);,;(\/)

Discord: Nastya Raynor#3136

Pink is me speaking on behalf of the Media Team, everything else is just my player opinion.
Winterborne

Re: Reform / Recreate "Contacts for guilds" thread.

Unread post by Winterborne »

I do know that when I got made leader of the Dariuses, I PMed to have my info added to that thread and it was done quickly. If it's outdated for active guilds, they just need to PM to fix it.

I do agree that inactive guilds should be marked as such.
Nathan Goldenmane - Guardian of Ilmater's Sanctuary, Mercy's Blade

Steward and Head of Business, House Darius -
Planehopper
Lead Moderator

Unread post by Planehopper »

If it is out of date, the guild should let us know (as most do).

I don't want to be the judge of who is inactive or not, unless we are contacted and asked to remove it. If the DMs want to send the mods a PM with who to remove, sure, but I am not going to be the one to judge activity or a lack thereof.

It isn't a matter of work, it is a matter of respect for the process. If Golden Wheel is still active (are they?) they can reply with their info and they will be added.
Roleplay – This is a roleplay server set in the Forgotten Realms campaign world.

Player Housing Guidelines

View-Intention-Speech-Action-Livelihood-Effort-Mindfulness-Concentration
KOPOJIbPAKOB
Retired Staff

Planehopper wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:29 pm If it is out of date, the guild should let us know (as most do).

I don't want to be the judge of who is inactive or not, unless we are contacted and asked to remove it. If the DMs want to send the mods a PM with who to remove, sure, but I am not going to be the one to judge activity or a lack thereof.

It isn't a matter of work, it is a matter of respect for the process. If Golden Wheel is still active (are they?) they can reply with their info and they will be added.
I feel like most guilds don't even bother with that thread, given how terribly it is out of date. You can't treat a thread where Coven of Darkness is in the list and Doron Amar is not seriously. Still, I'm working on reforming it and I'll post here an updated version so we could discuss it. It would be much better, yet not perfect, though gimme some time.
(\/);,;(\/)

Pink is me speaking on behalf of the Media Team, everything else is just my player opinion.
KOPOJIbPAKOB
Retired Staff

Here, an updated version of the thread. Obsolette contacts are updated, missing guilds added, inactive guilds moved under spoilers.

This version is much better and more helpful than what we had, yet there's still some work to do. I completely understand that I possibly moved a few more-or-less active guilds under spoilers, but it was done out of ignorance rather than my personal whims or anything, so representatives of those guilds are welcome to this thread to improve it!

In my opinion, it's way more productive if representatives of guilds moved under spoilers would protest against it and those guilds shall be added to the main roster with relevant contacts than hoping that a leader of a guild that's dead for years will suddenly pm admins, saying: "Could you please remove my inactive guild from the list?" (it will never ever happen, come on).

Candlekeep
Asmodea

The Church of Shar
Sharrans

Doron Amar
Ravial

The Ebon Blade Mercenary Company
TheTwiste11491

The Elder Circle
mixafix / predrag / Touri / Elder Circle Role-Play Thread

The Everwatch Knights
calvinus

The Harpers
The Harpers

House Darius
Winterborne / Progressive-Psy / flipside43

Hunters of Vengeance
RedLancer / Calodan

Kraak Helzak
Hammer_Song / Steve

The Order of the Radiant Heart
sweetlikesplenda

The Order of the Silver Rose
Lisa100595 / Bassman

The Performers Guild
Missclick

Phoenix Company
Darkcloud777

Rocky Creek Trade Company
BDobolina

Qu'ellar Zau'afin
Moridin / vexedart

Sshamath, School of Necromancy
BMD

The Sword Coast Commercial Exchange
Tremblant

Thieves Guild
Kingmaker

The Zhentarim and the Church of Bane
Bobthehero / The Zhentarim / Necromantis

(\/);,;(\/)

Blackman D
Retired Staff

Unread post by Blackman D »

im actively inactive? :?

last i check i was still a contact for both my guilds :lol:
KOPOJIbPAKOB wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:40 pm Cult of the Dragon), weeell... what are even those guilds? When was the last time you heard anything about them if heard at all?
you dont know because the general consensus with the guild has been to not do public recruiting on the forums and such, but yea havent done anything lately, the last thing was the massive undead army campaign in the reaching woods... that pissed everyone off... but yea

CoD doing anything public, you wont know until after its over :naughty:
everyone is evil till proven otherwise
Darkcloud777

Unread post by Darkcloud777 »

Have to say I like this new format....nice job and thanks
Terri Lalani
Administrator of Phoenix Company

Return to “General Discussion”