Increase duration for Strikes Feats PAL/BG

Suggestions or Mechanical Requests for Classes, Feats, Races, Etc.

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

Steve
Recognized Donor

Increase duration for Strikes Feats PAL/BG

Unread post by Steve »

The PAL/BG spell-feats are:

- Burning Strike
- Blessed Strike
- Disrupting Strike
- Divine Retribution

These spell-feats state they last for 1 Round. But that isn't exactly how they work in Real Life application. Because it is not 1 round as it would be for the PC, but 6 seconds by the Engine clock. And, since it takes 2 seconds to re-initiate attacking after casting the spell-feat, and then Attacks are done in waves that take in account the APR of each enemy a PC is facing, the real life result is that this spell-feat option lasts usually for only 1 APR, when it should last for up to 6 APR (depending on the build...but most likely 6 for a PAL/BG).

Considering these spell-feats also have Saves involved, and a cooldown, it doesn't seem too much to ask that the last for 2 rounds at least. Because then I'd argue they are useful to apply to the game play, instead of being a "that's cool...but I wish it would actually help me!" type of Feat...and one that isn't used much at all. At least, by this PAL/BG PC player!!!

Please?

ARTHAYER ZORASTRYL — A Magistrati & Magefriend [Bio] * [The Wanderings of...]
PANLOS PAWFOOT — The Essential Nature of...
ERMMAR STONESORROW — Cavestalker of the Darkshard Deviants. Herb Trader.
Blackman D
Retired Staff

Re: Increase duration for Strikes Feats PAL/BG

Unread post by Blackman D »

steve, how did you make a paladin blackguard in the first place? are you cheating?! :naughty:
everyone is evil till proven otherwise
Bobthehero

Unread post by Bobthehero »

BG is Body Guard, in that case.
Aurelien Amon: Human fighter, member of the Whitewood Vanguard, Hoarite

Lotrik: Not a wise Genasi, probably stronger than you tho, a master of longswords. Fully retired

Bob Thairo: Dreadknight of Bane, Back on the Coast, tyranning away with his wife
Steve
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Steve »

Blackman D wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:32 pm steve, how did you make a paladin blackguard in the first place? are you cheating?! :naughty:
Ha! I never, ever, ever, ever cheat. Never! :naughty:

Nonetheless, I also never, ever, ever, ever make gimped builds...and I'd say a Paladin + Blackguard would be such a build. :naughty: :naughty:

Anyway..., in this case the 2da for these spells lists BG or Bg as acronym for Blackguard (BkG or whatever!!!). All the descriptions are like this.

ARTHAYER ZORASTRYL — A Magistrati & Magefriend [Bio] * [The Wanderings of...]
PANLOS PAWFOOT — The Essential Nature of...
ERMMAR STONESORROW — Cavestalker of the Darkshard Deviants. Herb Trader.
Theodore01
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Theodore01 »

and please replace the "avatar" for these strikes with the same meachanic as "blinding strike" uses.
chad878262
QC Coordinator

Unread post by chad878262 »

I am fairly certain that the spells list Blackguard because they were originally included as a part of Rasael's spellbook replacement system which would have given Blackguard a proper spellbook. ;)

to the point of the topic, they do essentially cost a spell slot, probably no harm in increasing that on activation duration from 6 seconds to ~12 seconds. Same could probably be done with the Ranger spells like bladethirst and the arrow spells.
Chord Silverstrings - Bard and OSR Squire / Tarent Nefzen - Arcane Wand Merchant and Master Alchemist / Irrace Arkentlar - Drow Adventurer / Finneaus Du'Veil - Gem Merchant and Executive Officer of SCCE

Tarent's Wands and Elixirs

A Wand Crafter's guide to using wands
chad878262
QC Coordinator

Unread post by chad878262 »

Dude, I was just explain why the spell listed paladin or blackguard. I couldn't care less, just trying to offer explanation. As to all or nothing we discussed as nauseum in QC and yeah everyone said all or nothing so go for it...or don't *shrug*
Chord Silverstrings - Bard and OSR Squire / Tarent Nefzen - Arcane Wand Merchant and Master Alchemist / Irrace Arkentlar - Drow Adventurer / Finneaus Du'Veil - Gem Merchant and Executive Officer of SCCE

Tarent's Wands and Elixirs

A Wand Crafter's guide to using wands

Return to “Mechanics”