Mark Rune not working. No selection using teleport scroll

It Does What It Says on the Tin: Resolved Issues

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

Snarfy

Re: Mark Rune not working. No selection using teleport scroll

Unread post by Snarfy »

cosmic ray wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 11:06 amIt's better to just rely on the old rune items until this has been fixed.
I just tested with my old character using a rune, and it still utilizes a UMD roll in combat log. The only difference I can tell is that using a rune automatically generates the concentration check afterward(obviously because the location is set on the rune, and not something you need to choose from the pop-up window). So, yes, the rune system might be slightly better in that regard.

I'm still willing to try the DMFI thing, but I'll take Valeforts advice and wait a reset before logging back in.
There are no level 30's, only level 20's with benefits...
Valefort
Retired Admin

Unread post by Valefort »

cosmic ray wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 11:06 am This system still doesn't work in any reliable way, either immediately or through resets.

It's better to just rely on the old rune items until this has been fixed.
You say that but I've never had any issue so it has to be something at character level.
Mealir Ostirel - Incorrigible swashbuckler
cosmic ray

Unread post by cosmic ray »

Players have issues with it all the time. Whatever the origin of the issues is, those issues exist and the system is very unreliable right now. If it always works for you but not for others, that's unreliable too.
You are fined one credit for a violation of the Verbal Morality Statute.
Valefort
Retired Admin

Unread post by Valefort »

I'm not disputing that part, however a blanket statement of using old runes system when it works correctly and reliably for some seems a bit much ;)
Mealir Ostirel - Incorrigible swashbuckler
cosmic ray

Unread post by cosmic ray »

It isn't much if you count on individual discernment. Does the new improved system work for you at all times? Keep using it. Does it never work or only work sporadically? Stick to the old inferior, but more reliable, system. That's what all of us who can't use the new system should do until there is a fix.
You are fined one credit for a violation of the Verbal Morality Statute.
Snarfy

Unread post by Snarfy »

Welp, my theory of it being the DMFI tool looks like a bust. Actually, I think it made things worse... as using the teleport scroll on my character now results in two UMD rolls (both DC: 30), and then the concentration check :lol: Of note, despite the double UMD + 1 concentration roll, only one scroll was used.

All subsequent tries were done using runes, a single DC: 30 UMD and concentration check remained, and failure to make the UMD roll still results in the loss of a teleport scroll. :doh:

*Late edit* - Both tries, using self and runes with scrolls, were not attempted on re-marked/new locations... should I perhaps try to clear all my runes and destinations in 'manage locations' and give it another go?
Endelyon

Unread post by Endelyon »

Pretty sure these are stored on KEMO Scry widget, not the DMFI tool, so replacing the DMFI tool alone wouldn't help.
Snarfy

Unread post by Snarfy »

Endelyon wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 10:25 pm Pretty sure these are stored on KEMO Scry widget, not the DMFI tool, so replacing the DMFI tool alone wouldn't help.
:doh: :doh: :doh: ... Heck, I'll just get both yoinked next try, just to be safe. Thanks Endy.
Domovoi

Unread post by Domovoi »

This teleportation system is so fidgety that I just pack a whole lot of Empty Runes and rely on those.
Domovoi

Unread post by Domovoi »

Maybe this will help someone: I've found that I can mark runes after my first login after the server reset. All other attempts simply fail and I have to wait till the next server reset if I've reloged since then.
Kitunenotsume

Unread post by Kitunenotsume »

It has been my experience that Mark Rune only sticks if it is your first time logging in that reset cycle.

When logging out and back in, subsequent Mark Runes do not stick, but I have had success marking multiple just fine during a single login if it is my only login that reset.
I play a baker. Sometimes she provides counseling or treatment.
Ask about our Breadflower daily special to save five coppers off a purchase of five pastries.
She seems unusually interested in cursed items.
She has also been seeking a variety of gems and stones.

Return to “Solved Problems”