100% RCR period

Moderators: Moderator, DM

Zanniej
Barn manager

100% RCR period

Unread post by Zanniej »

Hello everybody!

Some of you must've seen this title and be overjoyed! But I must disappoint you...

Kidding, just wanted to get a reaction ;-)

We've decided to plan a 100% RCR period after the server split. However, I must add that this 100% RCR period will be completely at your own risk. We currently do not have the resources available to help with botched RCRs, lost gear or other issues following an RCR. So if you have issues after an RCR, we can't guarantee any help.
I fear that this was the only way to be able to get an RCR-period in.

The exact dates will still be announced.

Should you have further questions or remarks, do not hesitate to let me know!
Zanniej
(Zahn-nie)
Barn Manager: We do not have a barn, nor anyone in there to manage... yet here I am!
Server Owner & former Global Admin. Still always around (and still playing), but not as involved.
Keeping a close eye on the Server Finances.
Lockonnow

Re: 100% RCR period

Unread post by Lockonnow »

I hope that the RCR 100% will be when the Server is stabel after the split
Grendunor

Unread post by Grendunor »

Soon TM
Oleander Stonehearth - Reluctant Hero
Layla Zaisis - The Lost Priestess
Ilinoril Spiritmoon - Emotional Support Elf
- And a cavalcade of retired characters

"EATSIES!!!" - The Troll-sage 2018
lum

Unread post by lum »

*stays tuned*
Moire Rouge : 'Coins are flat, and are meant to be piled up.'
Juniper : 'Your local tinkerer!'
Kitty -Less hell, more cat-
Athyna of Apecoe -Titan in progress-
Erickar Avery -More than meets the eye-
& Soraya, Jyn R., Bash B., Lux, Rift, Jezebeth, Isabel C., Depheant M., Sona K.
Mork

Unread post by Mork »

Would you consider 100% RCR on more regular basis like many people on this forum requested or is it only the usual once every year or two occurrence?
Lockonnow

Unread post by Lockonnow »

we are lucky to get this one
Zanniej
Barn manager

Unread post by Zanniej »

Lockonnow wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:10 pm we are lucky to get this one
Quoted for truth :lol:

Personally, I think the RCR removes immersion. The most fun levels are the lower levels in my opinion, and the RCR is a sort of reward for retiring your character after a long and succesfull campaign (or unsucccesfull, if you died) of adventuring.
I'd rather work with different rewards, as we have more than enough level 30s running around already.

However, that's just like, my opinion... and not a ruling ;-)

The general consensus on 100% RCRs is that we do them when possibly game- or character-breaking changes are introduced. However, since it is a bit immersion-breaking, as well as causing quite some work for the DMs (who can spend their time on more fun stuff like events), we try to not do them too often.
Zanniej
(Zahn-nie)
Barn Manager: We do not have a barn, nor anyone in there to manage... yet here I am!
Server Owner & former Global Admin. Still always around (and still playing), but not as involved.
Winterborne

Unread post by Winterborne »

I'm a fan of more regular RCRs but I'm also a fan of them being entirely hands off from the DM team. With how storage works and with the advent of gold transfers there is less risk than ever with rebuilding a character. As such, it should not really require support from DMs and should entirely be player responsibility. Even if you need to be deleveled, there's an automatic npc for that.

In sum, I think it should be treated like Muling is - where it's considered at your own risk, and nobody will help you out if you manage to mess it up for yourself. Text to this effect should be added to the NPC and dialog should make you agree to it before you give the NPC your character - like you should have to click "I understand that RCR is considered at your own risk and accept that I am on my own with regards to item or gold or XP loss, even in the event of bugs or crashing."
Nathan Goldenmane - Guardian of Ilmater's Sanctuary, Mercy's Blade

Steward and Head of Business, House Darius -
Zanniej
Barn manager

Unread post by Zanniej »

Winterborne wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:04 pm I'm a fan of more regular RCRs but I'm also a fan of them being entirely hands off from the DM team. With how storage works and with the advent of gold transfers there is less risk than ever with rebuilding a character. As such, it should not really require support from DMs and should entirely be player responsibility. Even if you need to be deleveled, there's an automatic npc for that.

In sum, I think it should be treated like Muling is - where it's considered at your own risk, and nobody will help you out if you manage to mess it up for yourself. Text to this effect should be added to the NPC and dialog should make you agree to it before you give the NPC your character - like you should have to click "I understand that RCR is considered at your own risk and accept that I am on my own with regards to item or gold or XP loss, even in the event of bugs or crashing."
Good suggestions. I'll consider and discuss what's possible in this regard :)
Zanniej
(Zahn-nie)
Bobthehero

Unread post by Bobthehero »

Meh, the staff saying that they won't help the playerbase in case of issues that are generally entirely out of the player hands leaves a real bad taste in my mouth, personally. Especially so after a big thing like splitting, where more issues can arise.
Aurelien Amon: Human fighter, member of the Whitewood Vanguard, Hoarite

Lotrik: Not a wise Genasi, probably stronger than you tho, a master of longswords. Fully retired

Bob Thairo: Dreadknight of Bane, Back on the Coast, tyranning away with his wife
FallingStar

Unread post by FallingStar »

Bobthehero wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:57 pm Meh, the staff saying that they won't help the playerbase in case of issues that are generally entirely out of the player hands leaves a real bad taste in my mouth, personally.
If they're going to support a 100% RcR period, they should help out with any issues that occur as a result of server-side mishaps, even if the onus of documenting character sheet and high-value items with screenshots falls on the player base. I get that they don't want to take players' words for a refund of that vorpal bastard sword, but that's what screencaps are for.

Especially since this may come at a time when server stability is highly unreliable.
Last edited by FallingStar on Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Justicia ex umbra.
tankteddy

Unread post by tankteddy »

If you are worried about it so much then here is my Idea,

1 before the 100% rcr transfer the bulk of your items to the New PC with a slightly different name for now.
2 when 100% RCR goes live. You just have to transfer your armor set. ((Be sure to save)) and collect your new XP ((SAVE))

3 lastly have your name tweeked.

John Smith > John Smith' > and back to normal
Theodar Battleforge: "Oi! What dis do?" *BOOM*
Thar Kogan "A har Thar!"
Young Werther

Unread post by Young Werther »

Unfortunately proving your items are truly missing might be harder than claiming your items are missing, hence I suspect the staffs' hands are tied in regards to how much assistance they can provide. I do hope everyone's RCRs go well and we can do it again sometime :) . I have helped multiple people in the past with theirs and would gladly do so again for anyone. IG login: yetimaste, I'm not around too much though.
Lockonnow wrote:greatest fear like the movie Hellraiser they show you what you most fear and take a Image of IT
Ariella
Retired Staff

Unread post by Ariella »

This has nothing to do with trust. It is solely to do with how much spare time the DM team or admin has and where that time should be focused. Players losing items to campfires, dropping on the floor, forgetting a tab while RcRing, wanting a delevel for a missed feat, renaming PC's and so on are all things that take away from event's and dealing with other more important matters that effect the larger community.

We want to offer 100% RcR but we don't want that to become the DM team/admin focus for the next month or two. So this is what you get, take time when you rebuild and don't make mistakes. If your not willing to take the risk then don't rebuild, no ones forcing you. But it is a take it or leave it situation, if your unhappy then you should volunteer :D :D
Dragonslayer

Unread post by Dragonslayer »

Ariella wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:14 pm This has nothing to do with trust. It is solely to do with how much spare time the DM team or admin has and where that time should be focused. Players losing items to campfires, dropping on the floor, forgetting a tab while RcRing, wanting a delevel for a missed feat, renaming PC's and so on are all things that take away from event's and dealing with other more important matters that effect the larger community.

We want to offer 100% RcR but we don't want that to become the DM team/admin focus for the next month or two. So this is what you get, take time when you rebuild and don't make mistakes. If your not willing to take the risk then don't rebuild, no ones forcing you. But it is a take it or leave it situation, if your unhappy then you should volunteer :D :D
Preach.

Return to “Archive”