Spell / Scroll / Feat Bugs

Any Issues or Bugs Should Be Posted in Their Respective Categories

Moderators: Moderator, Associate Dev, Quality Control, Developer, DM

Lockonnow

Re: Spell / Scroll / Feat Bugs

Unread post by Lockonnow »

my sorcerer have lost spells to i think it is the new thing we have got where we get one more spell per level
Kitunenotsume

Unread post by Kitunenotsume »

The [Poison] Spell can be used to target consumables to poison them.
However, this is not at all mentioned on either the Wiki [link], or the spell text in-game. (They are identically unhelpful).

It would be appreciated if someone with access to the script could give us an idea what the spell can actually do, since I think it also scales DC with level like how [Contagion] was modified on BG.

It is also the only vector by which non-[Ingested] poisons can be put on consumables, to my knowledge.

[Edit] With the assistance of a snippet of the NSS (as provided by matelener), I have updated the Wiki page to provide the poisons applied by the spell.
The ingame text will still need some definite revision though, sinceI discovered it can also be cast on weapons! This basically invalidates the point of purchased poisons of any variety outside Inhaled, but that is a different issue.
I play a baker. Sometimes she provides counseling or treatment.
Ask about our Breadflower daily special to save five coppers off a purchase of five pastries.
She seems unusually interested in cursed items.
Kitunenotsume

The [Profane Corruption] feat returns "You have no remaining uses of this feat!" when attempted, even directly after a rest with full Turning charges.
Error persists across login, reset, rest, and death.

[Edit]: Also persists across level-up.
Last edited by Kitunenotsume on Fri May 07, 2021 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ask about our Breadflower daily special to save five coppers off a purchase of five pastries.
DaloLorn

Unread post by DaloLorn »

Kitunenotsume wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 8:43 pmThis basically invalidates the point of purchased poisons of any variety outside Inhaled, but that is a different issue.
Not quite. The targeted attributes seem to vary between caster levels.
European player, UTC+1 (+2 during DST). Active in Discord.
Notable characters:
  • Shali Menner
  • Caili Wender
  • Berred Notter
  • Ilhara Evrine
  • Mainda Fennemen
  • Kana Tannard
Lux

Unread post by Lux »

Wirrling wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:43 am Okay, i leveled up and hoped to repair it.

I could pick the lost spells again and then they didn't stick. --.--

None of the new spells appear in my spellbook. Will there be a fix on the Server, and do i have to wait to the next Level before i get Shadowshield and greater Heroism back?
Seconded. I leveled up on my sorcerer and seemed to be able to take the lost spells, but they didn't stick in my spellbook.
Aravae - - Gorza - - Wilhelmina
Character Art

Be kind.
Xorena

Unread post by Xorena »

Protection from Alignment (specifically the sub spells you select after clicking the main spell) do not benefit from Auto-quicken.
WobbleTop

Unread post by WobbleTop »

1. Trolls do not die from death magic, even though they are not immune.

2. Cascading plague does in fact stack fully from multiple casts. The tooltip is wrong.

3. Moon bolt often crashes everyone in the vicinity, including the caster. Forcing a restart of Nwn2 to fix.

4. Contagion does not reduce any stats on hit, wich makes it 100% useless in combat, far to slow for any disease ability damage to tick (only seem to apply after rest). The different diseases do not seem to stack from subsequent casts, wich I think they should.

5. Worg druid companion does not have knockdown. One would assume that they would have knockdown, like the wolf.

6. Oak friend says "invalid target" and simply fails when I try to cast it on an ally.
Xorena

Unread post by Xorena »

WobbleTop wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 8:35 pm
3. Moon bolt often crashes everyone in the vicinity, including the caster. Forcing a restart of Nwn2 to fix.
This is also my experience, though I'm not sure of the range. I'lm absolutely willing to help test this.
DM Gixustrat
DM

Unread post by DM Gixustrat »

WobbleTop wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 8:35 pm 1. Trolls do not die from death magic, even though they are not immune.

2. Cascading plague does in fact stack fully from multiple casts. The tooltip is wrong.

4. Contagion does not reduce any stats on hit, wich makes it 100% useless in combat, far to slow for any disease ability damage to tick (only seem to apply after rest). The different diseases do not seem to stack from subsequent casts, wich I think they should.

5. Worg druid companion does not have knockdown. One would assume that they would have knockdown, like the wolf.

6. Oak friend says "invalid target" and simply fails when I try to cast it on an ally.
Thanks, this is a very concise list. Maybe we'll see some traction after the split on nailing some of these down.
Loquitur demos mess maet
Snarfy

Unread post by Snarfy »

Looks like ranger spell had some work done, as exacting strike is in the correct place now, but Embrace the Wild seems to have the "2D missing texture" as an icon now. I also noticed a few new spell icons at the top of the levels 1 and 2 pages named **** ... safe to assume these aren't implemented spells yet?
Rhifox
Custom Content

Unread post by Rhifox »

Snarfy wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 6:41 pm Looks like ranger spell had some work done, as exacting strike is in the correct place now, but Embrace the Wild seems to have the "2D missing texture" as an icon now. I also noticed a few new spell icons at the top of the levels 1 and 2 pages named **** ... safe to assume these aren't implemented spells yet?
The last update did not include the tlk, so descriptions and names were not added. They don't work yet either as scripts need to be implemented. All of this should be added in the next update (we had some last minute issues that came up, but those have been resolved, so we should be pushing the split very soon).
Tarina — Witch, Apothecary, Dealer in Spirits and Black Magic
Verus

Unread post by Verus »

The Augment Form feat doesn't seem to be functioning entirely correctly. I've been leveling with polymorph, and at level 14 and 15 I've been stuck at 9 BAB while shifted these past two levels. A medium BAB schedule should be 10 and 11 respectively for those levels according to the feat description.

I've got a full 15 caster levels with practiced spellcaster (not sure if that matters). I'm not sure what my BAB was before this point, as I didn't notice the issue until now.

I've relogged at least once, then tested in game to make sure it wasn't just a character sheet glitch. I'm definitely only getting two attacks.

As a side note. Augment form and the polymorph system is really cool on this server. My thanks to the people that made this work!
Kitunenotsume

Avasculate blood VFX do not disappear after the cast is finished.
Rhifox
Custom Content

Unread post by Rhifox »

Verus wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 7:05 pm The Augment Form feat doesn't seem to be functioning entirely correctly. I've been leveling with polymorph, and at level 14 and 15 I've been stuck at 9 BAB while shifted these past two levels. A medium BAB schedule should be 10 and 11 respectively for those levels according to the feat description.

I've got a full 15 caster levels with practiced spellcaster (not sure if that matters). I'm not sure what my BAB was before this point, as I didn't notice the issue until now.

I've relogged at least once, then tested in game to make sure it wasn't just a character sheet glitch. I'm definitely only getting two attacks.

As a side note. Augment form and the polymorph system is really cool on this server. My thanks to the people that made this work!
Note that Augment Form only changes your low BAB classes to medium. It does not give you a flat Medium progression as if you were single-classed. This means you need to calculate each of your classes' BAB progression separately, according to that chart, and then add them together to get your proper BAB.
Kitunenotsume wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:40 pm Avasculate blood VFX do not disappear after the cast is finished.
This has been fixed for the next update, whenever it hits.
Tarina — Witch, Apothecary, Dealer in Spirits and Black Magic
Kitunenotsume

Seal the Breach (Level 1 Breachgnome feature) does not provide any AC bonuses.
I have tested after resting, after logout, and after reset, with no weapon, daggers, and crossbow.

AC remains the same both in the Eastern Farmlands, when flanked by unwalkable terrain on one side, and on ledges with unwalkable on both sides.