Recognized Donor

Re: Server Split Launch Bug Reports

Unread post by Theodore01 »

Knockdown Immunity (Thief acrobat )no longer works :o :(
MrSmith
Recognized Donor

Unread post by MrSmith »

While playing my ranged weapon ranger in exploration mode, the first mouse click I make after killing any threat (designed to move my character to a new location) causes me to "ki-step" to a location next to the threat I just killed. My character then "ki-steps" back (acting as though he suffered a one or two-second lag between commands) and then appears as though he is moving to the destination I selected for him.

This problem is compounded by a second-order effect my ranger experiences each and every time - Attacks of Opportunity by mobs he would otherwise avoid by using tactics and range. Firing a ranged weapon automatically provokes attacks of opportunity, but only for threats within melee attack range. The "ki-step" effect, therefore, acts as an unforced error and enables mobs to bypass my Ranger's tactics and range by forcing me to close within melee attack range.

This glitch is new, and yet I am confident I am replicate this game anytime I run my ranger if any QC wants to investigate. Please PM me. I will make myself available as necessary.

Cheers!
Steve
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Steve »

@MrSmith:
You are using Skywings and the /mpredict command?

ARTHAYER ZORASTRYL — A Magistrati & Magefriend [Bio] * [The Wanderings of...]
PANLOS PAWFOOT — The Essential Nature of...
ERMMAR STONESORROW — Cavestalker of the Darkshard Deviants. Herb Trader.
Theodore01
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Theodore01 »

Steve wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:23 am @MrSmith: You are using Skywings and the /mpredict command?
Yeah, that is an old problem and solved with the client extender and the command Steve posted.
MrSmith
Recognized Donor

Unread post by MrSmith »

Theodore01 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:56 am
Steve wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:23 am @MrSmith: You are using Skywings and the /mpredict command?
Yeah, that is an old problem and solved with the client extender and the command Steve posted.
I am not sure about Skywings, et al. I am not that tech-savvy. I will research the /mpredict command and see what I learn. Thank you! ...as always. Great help.
MrSmith
Recognized Donor

Unread post by MrSmith »

MrSmith wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:10 pm
Theodore01 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:56 am
I am not sure about Skywings, et al. I am not that tech-savvy. I will research the /mpredict command and see what I learn. Thank you! ...as always. Great help.
Yes. I am using Skywing's version of the extender. I just logged in without using it and I have no problems. Thank you for the help!
Steve
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Steve »

If you log in WITH Skywing, you want to enter “/mpredict” sans quotation marks, into the chat field/window. Then, you will see a return message in the Combat Log that says predictive movement has been disabled.

Glowfire

Unread post by Glowfire »

If you don't want to type it in each time, this is how you can make it always be active.

Nomster wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:15 pm Not sure how common knowledge this is but adding it here anyway,

If you're tired of typing /mpredict each time you start the game from the client, create a .txt document (Notepad) in your My Documents directory and name the document autocmds. Inside it, type /mpredict. Now the game will always load with that command enabled.
Power is the most persuasive rhetoric.
Friedrich von Schiller
MrSmith
Recognized Donor

Unread post by MrSmith »

Thank you! This is really helpful. Using the client is the better option and this eliminates the problem.
Steve
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Steve »

East of Mist Lake in the UD: I don’t remember that the Mobs there can see through Invisibility. Am I just forgetting or has something happened along that weird occurrence where mobs seem to ignore Inviso??

Snarfy

Unread post by Snarfy »

Steve wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:45 pm East of Mist Lake in the UD: I don’t remember that the Mobs there can see through Invisibility. Am I just forgetting or has something happened along that weird occurrence where mobs seem to ignore Inviso??
If you're talking about the zone with the golems, and the irradiated soil, the glyphs on the ground near the soil will dispel you if you walk too close to them.
Shadowspinner70

Unread post by Shadowspinner70 »

I believe the Rock Beasts can see through Invis as well, gotta test it though.
Avintae - Sugar Addict
Flora - Witchy Woman
Azariah - Doombringer

Supermod mode, activated. The rest is just my opinion.
Steve
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Steve »

Snarfy wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:01 pm
Steve wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:45 pm East of Mist Lake in the UD: I don’t remember that the Mobs there can see through Invisibility. Am I just forgetting or has something happened along that weird occurrence where mobs seem to ignore Inviso??
If you're talking about the zone with the golems, and the irradiated soil, the glyphs on the ground near the soil will dispel you if you walk too close to them.
I have not experienced that! Or not noticed it in the Combat Log?? But my PC has full CL, so maybe immune to that??

EasternCheesE
QC Coordinator

Unread post by EasternCheesE »

It's scripted effect, same as in Varalla's passage. It strips anyone off invisibility if you step on the circles.
In fact, it always has been like that, at least, starting from sept 2020 when i first stepped into UD.
Steve
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Steve »

EasternCheesE wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:43 pm It's scripted effect, same as in Varalla's passage. It strips anyone off invisibility if you step on the circles.
In fact, it always has been like that, at least, starting from sept 2020 when i first stepped into UD.
So that’s not actually Dispel, but a Null Magic Ward with no DC!! How unfair! Boooooooo! ;)

Return to “Solved Problems”