When casting display the CL of the spell in combat log

Items currently acknowledged by staff for fixing/further staff discussion (Only staff should put threads here to avoid confusion)

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

mrm3ntalist
Retired Staff

Re: When casting display the CL of the spell in combat log

Unread post by mrm3ntalist »

EasternCheesE wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 6:32 pm
mrm3ntalist wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 9:41 am Can you test the cl of a build with dragon disciple ? My builds with that prc get 2cl more than they should. I made a post about that months ago and I was I told it was fixed, however my builds still get the bonus cl
This one is fixed in next update, i found the offending code and changed it to working one.
On the main topic, there is no resolution yet as i seek for the way to avoid running through every spell script to check it.
I am glad. I mentioned this almost a year ago, but nothing got done. I am surprised no-one else noticed. BTW the CL message displayed at the log window already helps alot, even if it is not correct for things such as SLAs
IS EMOTIONAL KEKW - GIT GUD

Mendel - Villi of En Dharasha Everae | Nikos Berenicus - Initiate of the Mirari | Efialtes Rodius - Blood Magus | Olaf Garaeif - Dwarven Slayer

Spelling mistakes are purposely entered for your entertainment!
EasternCheesE
QC Coordinator

Unread post by EasternCheesE »

mrm3ntalist wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 9:29 pm
EasternCheesE wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 6:32 pm
mrm3ntalist wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 9:41 am Can you test the cl of a build with dragon disciple ? My builds with that prc get 2cl more than they should. I made a post about that months ago and I was I told it was fixed, however my builds still get the bonus cl
This one is fixed in next update, i found the offending code and changed it to working one.
On the main topic, there is no resolution yet as i seek for the way to avoid running through every spell script to check it.
I am glad. I mentioned this almost a year ago, but nothing got done. I am surprised no-one else noticed. BTW the CL message displayed at the log window already helps alot, even if it is not correct for things such as SLAs
As i checked our commit log, other Dev did actually fix it in july of 2021, but they seem have been too used to python syntactic sugar, so they wrote their code using it which kinda doesn't work in nwnscript :P

Agreed, i found it really useful. Since we already removed that feature from live, i had to manually add it for my local testing setup in order to troubleshoot which exact part was failing. Btw, you correctly identified the source of issue - it was dragon disciple giving 9 progression instead of 7 at lvl 10, because condition block never triggered it's right part since nwnscript doesn't support ( n < Var < n) style of comparisons.
Hullack
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Hullack »

Penetrating Blasts seems to have a similar bug.
Jak Dimburrow : House Vale (Character Biography/Journal)
Playtimes: 7:30 PM - 11:00 PM Eastern Standard Time (EST) / UTC/GMT -5
Items Wanted and Offered in Exchange
Rhifox
Retired Admin (Acting Assistant Admin)

Unread post by Rhifox »

Hullack wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 10:18 am Image

Penetrating Blasts seems to have a similar bug.
Not a bug. Penetrating Blasts gives +4 to CL for the purposes of spell penetration.

Although, looks like this value might be getting used on spell properties dependent on caster level rather than just penetrating SR. Hmm.
Tarina — Witch, Apothecary, Dealer in Spirits and Black Magic
Rinzler
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Rinzler »

Has this been fixed?
EasternCheesE
QC Coordinator

Rinzler wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:36 pm Has this been fixed?
Not yet. Won't be fixed in next patch as making such thing right would require me to rewrite our spellcasting framework (and it's something i plan to do). So i didn't make some bandaid and just focused on next patch. After it, i will come to this topic.
mrm3ntalist
Retired Staff

Was this removed? I no longer see the CL. It is extremely helpful for the Rcr

Mendel - Villi of En Dharasha Everae | Nikos Berenicus - Initiate of the Mirari | Efialtes Rodius - Blood Magus | Olaf Garaeif - Dwarven Slayer

EasternCheesE
QC Coordinator

Yes, it was removed because proper implementation requires us rewriting our magic system. Once it's done, it will be back.
mrm3ntalist
Retired Staff

EasternCheesE wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:02 am Yes, it was removed because proper implementation requires us rewriting our magic system. Once it's done, it will be back.
Thank you

Return to “Currently Under Review”