VirtualAngel - Armor Skins (Pack 1)

Asset Information and Discussion for Scripting, Area Design, and More

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, DM

User avatar
Nomster
Posts: 1941
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:41 pm

Re: VirtualAngel - Armor Skins (Pack 1)

Unread post by Nomster »

virtualangel wrote:
Nomster wrote:What about... some clothes appearances for females? =]
I created all the mdbs (model files that reference the skins) for female models and all other races (right now it is only male human models). Luna has them now and said will put them in soon.

Edit: There are a lot of female skins already made, but a real lack of male ones. My goal was to make skins to sort of fill in some lacking areas, like leather. Since they can be used by both male and female I thought that's where I would start first. Like I said though, if you have a picture you feel would be great for me to make into a skin, post it.
Ah, good to hear :D One of the issues with male clothes is that there are a lot of appearance in the App changer but half of them are in bold neon colours that do not fit the setting at all.
virtualangel wrote:I am not really interested in making skimpy "Fantasy" stuff (lots of it already out there for nwn2 if you search). The more realistic and race/class specific there more I am inspire to make it.
Not what I meant at all... >_>

I meant real, body covering, decent dresses.

I would like to see some dresses that are more for every day wear. There are a few that IMO are suitable for peasants and then a leap towards "whoa, are you going to a gala?" with little in between. This is wishful thinking of course, I do have understanding over that you prefer to work on things that interest you =)
"I don't want to pretend at magic anymore. I want to be magic."

Telia Santraeger - Emotional sorceress & priestess of Mystra. [Retired]
virtualangel
Posts: 58
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:03 am

Re: VirtualAngel - Armor Skins (Pack 1)

Unread post by virtualangel »

Nomster wrote:
virtualangel wrote:I am not really interested in making skimpy "Fantasy" stuff (lots of it already out there for nwn2 if you search). The more realistic and race/class specific there more I am inspire to make it.
Not what I meant at all... >_>

I meant real, body covering, decent dresses.

I would like to see some dresses that are more for every day wear. There are a few that IMO are suitable for peasants and then a leap towards "whoa, are you going to a gala?" with little in between. This is wishful thinking of course, I do have understanding over that you prefer to work on things that interest you =)
I understand, if you can find some pictures of dresses I will give it a try. :)
Baldur's Gate
Acheron Shadowbow - Master Archer
Aindon - Sellsword
Eon Fawkes - Cleric of Mielikki
Gimval Boarstead - Dwarven Slayer


Sshamath
Ustvelve Jaezred - First Blade of House Jaezred
User avatar
Nomster
Posts: 1941
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:41 pm

Re: VirtualAngel - Armor Skins (Pack 1)

Unread post by Nomster »

What is the type of pictures you need for skins, do they need a front & back...? (I am not that familiar with making texture things from images myself so an example of what would be good images would be appreciated).
"I don't want to pretend at magic anymore. I want to be magic."

Telia Santraeger - Emotional sorceress & priestess of Mystra. [Retired]
Luna
Retired Admin
Posts: 7945
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: VirtualAngel - Armor Skins (Pack 1)

Unread post by Luna »

virtualangel wrote:I created all the mdbs (model files that reference the skins) for female models and all other races (right now it is only male human models). Luna has them now and said will put them in soon.
It will hit the next update in the clothing section.
But it will need a 2nd round to put some of them into other armor categories.
virtualangel
Posts: 58
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:03 am

Re: VirtualAngel - Armor Skins (Pack 1)

Unread post by virtualangel »

Nomster wrote:What is the type of pictures you need for skins, do they need a front & back...? (I am not that familiar with making texture things from images myself so an example of what would be good images would be appreciated).
Any picture or drawing just to give me an idea of what you like. I doubt it will be exactly like the picture, but it will give me an idea of what you want. Then I will have to look at the models and see what might work for the picture. Preferably the front as that's mostly what I will be basing everything on, but a back and side are helpful too make it consistent with the art.

Keep in mind they don't have to be the same picture, I can use another picture of a back that you think would go with the front.
Luna wrote:
virtualangel wrote:I created all the mdbs (model files that reference the skins) for female models and all other races (right now it is only male human models). Luna has them now and said will put them in soon.
It will hit the next update in the clothing section.
But it will need a 2nd round to put some of them into other armor categories.
Awesome! I cant wait to use them with my Drow.
Baldur's Gate
Acheron Shadowbow - Master Archer
Aindon - Sellsword
Eon Fawkes - Cleric of Mielikki
Gimval Boarstead - Dwarven Slayer


Sshamath
Ustvelve Jaezred - First Blade of House Jaezred
Luna
Retired Admin
Posts: 7945
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: VirtualAngel - Armor Skins (Pack 1)

Unread post by Luna »

This went out.
I need to fix the female clothing.
It might work if you go backwards in the list from 1 to 241.
If you go forward, 229 is missing and it causes it to skip to the end.

Return to “NWN2 Toolset Development”