On Evil Characters and Smite/Detect Evil
Moderators: Moderator, DM
-
Rhifox
- Posts: 3962
- Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:34 am
Re: On Evil Characters and Smite/Detect Evil
It doesn't detect alignment at all in 5e, it is 'detect evil and good' and detects just aberrations, celestials, elementals, fey, fiends, undead, and consecrated/desecrated places and objects.
Tarina — The Witch of Darkhold, a dealer in spirits and black magic
-
Blackman D
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 4818
- Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:43 am
- Location: IL
Re: On Evil Characters and Smite/Detect Evil
from what ive been hearing, 5e dumbed it down a lot (everything), dont like it 
everyone is evil till proven otherwise
-
Bobthehero
- Posts: 467
- Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:45 am
Re: On Evil Characters and Smite/Detect Evil
A lot of immunities became advantages on the roll (rerolls). Much better, I wish protection from evil didn't instantly shut down my MaA abilities. Or all the myriad of other ways to do so.
Aurelien Amon: Human fighter, member of the Whitewood Vanguard, Hoarite
Lotrik: Not a wise Genasi, probably stronger than you tho, a master of longswords. Fully retired
Bob Thairo: Dreadknight of Bane, Back on the Coast, tyranning away with his wife
Bob Thairo: Dreadknight of Bane, Back on the Coast, tyranning away with his wife
-
qwertyh88
- Posts: 175
- Joined: Sun May 08, 2016 11:56 am
Re: On Evil Characters and Smite/Detect Evil
Drops a tear for all the Paladins that Julia harassed -- No Longer will they get the attention from Julia. *sniff*Ambaryerno wrote: ↑Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:06 pm So I've been developing a concept for an evil character, something I don't normally play, and I was curious about spells such as Detect and Smite Evil, and how exactly to handle RPing these spells.
Wait -- now they can smite the evil replacement.
The sad face becomes a smile.
-
Ambaryerno
- Posts: 467
- Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:32 am
Re: On Evil Characters and Smite/Detect Evil
Oh, I'll still be playing Julia. Her personality is much too much fun (also, she's based on one of my favorite historical persons ever).
If I replace a character it will be Lucia, who's just kind of dull.
If I replace a character it will be Lucia, who's just kind of dull.
Julia "la Belle" - Duelist, singer, and shameless flirt. Currently deciding whether she wants to fight you or @$%& you.
Julia's Songbook
Lucia Kayla - If her parents find out she left the Island she'll likely be grounded until she's 500.
Julia's Songbook
Lucia Kayla - If her parents find out she left the Island she'll likely be grounded until she's 500.