Developer Applications

For Those That Would Like to Help Keep Our Community Running

Moderator: Moderator

User avatar
DaloLorn
Posts: 2478
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:44 am

Re: Developer Applications

Unread post by DaloLorn »

Applying to return to the team.

Just a formality, since most of you witnessed it all firsthand, but here's how my NWN-modding-related resume has expanded since my last application two posts above:

- Did the language revamp.
- Standardized the behavior of touch attack spells.
- Reworked Sendings.
- Made some chat/RPXP changes.
- Standardized respiratory mechanics!
- Various other minor fixes and tweaks.

Current to-do list:

- Revamp conditional examines. (... It's weird that I keep coming back to RP tools, when my original intention way back last year was to do mechanics...)
- Fix or remove all those broken encounters people are being spammed about. (To those few players reading this post: REPORT IT ON THE FORUMS, SHEESH! ... Wait, I didn't specify that when I wrote those debug messages?)
User avatar
arakan94
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:57 pm
Location: CZ, UTC +2

Re: Developer Applications

Unread post by arakan94 »

Hello,
so I guess I am going to apply too. I only started playing recently (few weeks ago), but I love the server - it's like dream come true (NWN2 was always one of my all time favorite games), plus I can get my D&D RP itch scratched here :)

Now, what gave me the idea was finding several issues (either wrong descriptions, a bug or bad UI design) and seeing that devs don't really have time for this kind of busy work. DaloLorn told me that editing TLKs is nightmare for him and I hear there are wrong CLs set for various spell scrolls but it's huge list no one wants to go through and check. Well. I don't mind busy work if I feel it makes sense, which bugfixing certainly does!

I have no experience with NWN modding, but I am C++/QML developer (Qt framework, SQL, networking) with university education so I could probably learn scripting fairly quickly. I also like writing documentation (might be slightly OCD here - like to have stuff organized).

What I'd like to do:
- add confirmation dialog to "Sort inventory"
- fix any outdated description I can, especially for feats (e.g. Use Magical Device having wrong DCs, Attune staff not listing CL 8 as requirement to work, etc)
- fix weird spell scrolls CLs (Rainbow Beam, 2nd level has CL of 15 for Scribe Scroll)
- general UI improvements (sorting in auction and possibly BG storage, Buy confirmation dialog in Auction House)
- maybe adding some support for Tchos' HD UI, or at least changing some elements to match it (bigger char screen to have less scrolling, maybe the unified inventory without tabs?)
- testing and fixing class mechanics, perhaps later reworking something that's not ideal
- help with whatever is needed, maybe the Bag system everyone is looking forward to? :D
Freckles
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:42 am

Re: Developer Applications

Unread post by Freckles »

Hey,

not applying as such but I volunteer to get rid of the mess with potions. Same potion but can't be stacked, all just green and look the same...
I assume to fix that is just something completely boring, tedious and time consuming...

So yeah. Here I am to do that job if you let me.
Once that's done I'm out until I find something else that I think I can do.

I would have to jump into cold water with the tool kit after 15 years I don't remember much and might have a question or two as well but I'm sure you can help with a pointer into the right direction pretty easily.

After all that being said I realize maybe that mess with the potions was intended in the first place? ... hmm

:)


let me know
User avatar
Lambe
Posts: 543
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:38 pm

Re: Developer Applications

Unread post by Lambe »

Hi,

I'd like to apply as a developer. Most of my experience working on the toolset has been on area building. Seeing the amount of changes the server has been going through, I'd like to help fix and iron out some of the issues that need attention.

A few people have been urging me to apply so here I am. I did a stint as a builder here years ago actually but times now are different and I've had more chance to see where the server wanted to go.

Thank you
User avatar
OneExtraHand
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun May 28, 2023 5:41 am

Re: Developer Applications

Unread post by OneExtraHand »

Hello, I would like to contribute code so I can get general programming experience and contributions for projects

Return to “Supporting BG:TSCC”