Thread of infinite appreciation!!

Off-Topic Community Conversations and Discussions

Moderators: Moderator, DM

Darradarljod

Re: Thread of infinite appreciation!!

Unread post by Darradarljod »

Just wanted to share my appreciation to bobthehero2, Azroth, Dwarven Jesus, Leramak and Daelan Thorn for tonight's carnage, risk taking behavior and plot twists. Thanks for the RP lads.
Bueroza - Impaler of Bane - Darkhold's Executioner
"The Black Hand always strikes down those who stand against it in the end."

Bobthehero

Unread post by Bobthehero »

I second the motion for all of those involved and return the appreciation to Darradarljod, this night certainly took a turn towards the unexpected.
Lotrik: Not a wise Genasi, probably stronger than you tho, a master of longswords. Not guilty of any crimes. Semi-retired

Bob Thairo: Wiser man, Knight-Errant of Bane, most often played nowadays

Truthiness

Unread post by Truthiness »

To echo a post made a few years back when you first stepped up...

Endelyon,

You've done so much for the server. You started off playing some great characters that were a blast to RP with that had a knack for creating a lot of RP for tons of people. You then stepped up as a DM and were an absolute wizard with the DM client, creating fun events and tutorials for future DMs (and re-organizing the DM creator alongside Bloodlust). And finally stepping up as admin, keeping the server running for as long as you have, doing the dev work alongside it and handling all the behind-the-scenes stuff that needed to be handled.

On a more personal note, you were always easy to talk to the point where I would stay up for hours just chatting with you. It has been a while since we've RPed, but the RP we did have was some of my favorite RP I've had on the server, some stuff I'll remember for a long time. I may have not been the greatest friend or player at times, taking things far too seriously or being a bit too critical, but through the many chats with you, you helped me to grow and mature as a player, becoming far more chill and level-headed. Although we have grown a bit distant over the years, you're still a dear friend to me, and always will be. No matter where you go or what you do in the future, be good to yourself, and I hope your future days are successful and happy. You deserve it.

Thank you.
Fenix Wandersoul - Chaos is a ladder

Ivan - (Retired)

Charraj

Unread post by Charraj »

So when I first started playing on BG back in 2010, Maecius was a friendly and professional DM. His character Valerius was fun to be around, and players tended to gravitate toward him and Candlekeep. Maecius gave me a good first impression of the server.

When I became a DM, I saw Maecius as a good role model. I am pretty sure he was HDM at the time (my memory of those years is pretty hazy), but either way, I remember that he was just trying to be fair and do the right thing. It wasn't always a walk in the park for him, but I always trusted his good intentions. It was during this time that I got to know him more personally, and my good impressions of him were confirmed.

At some point, he made me HDM. I didn't know how to stay as diplomatic or patient as Maecius, but I tried to continue his example of ethics and fair play. It's no exaggeration to say that Maecius's example heavily influenced my priorities as HDM.

Since my retirement from staff, I have watched this guy continue to volunteer his time and energy on BG for years. On one hand, I have been impressed with his endurance and love for the server. On the other hand, I have made no secret of the fact that I think he needs to take a break, lol

I've learned a lot of actual life lessons from watching Maecius do his thing. I've learned how to be more professional, how to be more diplomatic with people, and how to be dedicated to a project. Maybe more importantly, it's just nice to know that even on the internet, you can find a genuinely decent guy just trying to make things better for everyone.

I hope you enjoy your retirement, you big nerd. You've definitely earned it.
Hidden: show
Sempo - Scion of Siamorphe.
Massarrat yn Nur el Khanh - Traveler.
Charraj Cain - Mystran. Dead.
DM Mister Rogers - It's such a good feeling to know that we're lifelong friends.

DM Spartacus
DM

Unread post by DM Spartacus »

Endelyon, Maecius, both, whatever our part here on the server, it has and can only be, when people like you take the heavy lifting. Doing so when you were ready to move on to other things is a devotion and love of this server, a place often criticised in what I hope is ultimately fine tuning, and the creative nature of people that brought us here. Step back and wonder whatever your gripe this is by definition always a work in progress and pinch me that it is still here and that is a real achievement by the many but impossible without someone committing to the endless admin. So thanks both a job well done long after you planned to stop and to the 'other guys' no pressure!

Empoweredfan

Unread post by Empoweredfan »

A little thank you to the DM that added a bit to the conversation me and K'yon had last night, in the form of a paniced Imp.

Thank you DM Soulcatcher.
Nawiel: Stubborn woodpecker from the deep.
- "Responsibility is a curse, importance, an illusion."

Deleniel Vanaer: Wood Elven Sor. . . cook.

If you put your foot in your mouth. . . don't start walking. . .

K'yon Oblodra
Recognized Donor

Unread post by K'yon Oblodra »

Hehe yea that was unexpected and added some interesting aspects to our conversation. Very immersive interaction *thumbs up*
K'yon Oblodra
Necromancer of the school of Necromancy
Silent seat for the school of Necromancy

sweetlikesplenda

Unread post by sweetlikesplenda »

A big shout out to DM Chant and all the cool peeps that came for the ceremony today. You all rock!
Aaron Lyonaler - Favored Soul of The Red Knight, Grand Knight of the Radiant Heart, Advisor to Duke Eltan, Order of Lions Member
Bio, Journal

"A proper example is a greater weapon for Good than the sword."
-Aaron Lyonaler

krighaur
Recognized Donor

Unread post by krighaur »

It's the third time I am in a big fight event and I am impressed how the DMs are able to react to people's talk and actions.

On this server my PC without any spells has her chance and count both for the DMs and the other players and I like that. I am sorry that I leave you before the end, but I have a time limit to go to bed that I try not to pass.
Luniel Kumerian half angel/half barbarian follower of Séluné, returned to her small insignifiant village and lives her insignifiant life quietly

Mythic Revenant

Unread post by Mythic Revenant »

I would like to extend my gratitude to the entire DM team as well as the players and characters that made the event enjoyable and memorable. This was my first server event here and I must say that I am thoroughly impressed and appreciative! :dance:
Artorias Withermore - The Portends of an Archmage

Hanzo Nakamura - Samurai of the Nakamura Clan

DM Boo
Head DM

Unread post by DM Boo »

Thanks to all the players who attended today's event!

Unfortunately, we had to change the structure of the event at the last minute due to unforseen IRL obligations. This led to it feeling a bit improvised and rushed. Despite those issues, and although the group was incredibly large and the server was laggy as heck at times, you were all wonderfully patient and cooperative, so thank you! :D

Also thanks to DM Spartacus, who stepped up the last minute to help out. I owe you big time there!

Lastly, to everyone who has participated in this year's metaplot wrap up, both DM's and players alike: Thank you for being so patient and understanding over the last few months! It's been a hectic, wild ride, with it being this time of year and all, but overall, the level of support and engagement the campaign has received, even over this busy period, has been tremendous. Special kudos goes to those with campaign related requests who we perhaps weren't able to respond to in a timely manner, because of general DM team business and IRL obligations. To those people, I apologise and thank you profusely. Everything you sent was appreciated, even if we weren't able to include it in the final iteration of the plot ultimately!
2014, 2017 Campaign Coordinator
"Go for the eyes, Boo, go for the eyes!"

Steve
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Steve »

Thanks for the clue-based adventure, Spartimaximus!

LOL
p e r c y 16 5 18 3 25

s l o p g 19 12 15 16 7

e l a n a 5 12 5 14 1

w l o p g 23 12 15 16 7
e l a n a 5 12 5 14 1

28 24 20 30 8
B X T D H

18 0 10 2 7
R A J B G

24 24 20 30 8

14 0 10 2 6

N A J B F

X X T nothing H

N X N/P B F/H

I G/Q C/G
/inside joke

8-)
Storybuilding

|> Jon SmytheChionthar Charter & Seaward Supply Co. — Path of the Mindful Blade & Seafarer
|> Monserrate — Circle of Rust and the Worm
|> Simsae the DemonslayerStonesinger of the Telormar Gultor & citizen of the Kingdom of Kraak Helzak

Steve
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Steve »

SERVER UPDATES have become the most entertaining read on the Forum.

Keep up the good work Team! Until the next episode.... :dance:
Storybuilding

|> Jon SmytheChionthar Charter & Seaward Supply Co. — Path of the Mindful Blade & Seafarer
|> Monserrate — Circle of Rust and the Worm
|> Simsae the DemonslayerStonesinger of the Telormar Gultor & citizen of the Kingdom of Kraak Helzak

Theodore01
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Theodore01 »

Steve wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:17 am
SERVER UPDATES have become the most entertaining read on the Forum.

Keep up the good work Team! Until the next episode.... :dance:
yeah, awesome stuff -thxs all :clap:

K'yon Oblodra
Recognized Donor

Unread post by K'yon Oblodra »

Thanks for the cool event yesterday DM Spartacus. I really enjoyed the unique approach at the topic < 3.
K'yon Oblodra
Necromancer of the school of Necromancy
Silent seat for the school of Necromancy