BGTSCC Discord BGTSCC IRC

Server Address: game.bgtscc.net
33/96
Last counter update:
2018-05-25 16:26:21

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79
 Post subject: Re: Rumors & Events of Baldur's Gate
Unread postPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 1:51 pm 

A local mage known as Cosimo Delucca, lately often seen wearing a turban for some reason, approaches the noticeboard and regards the message there for Yolowyrmsbane. He blinks at first. Then smirks. Although its something of a fixed, soulless smirk.

Then he removes his notebook, copying down the text, apparently.

Hidden: show
Tsidkenu wrote:
A finely written and delectably scandalous parchment was placed carefully by an unseen hand upon the noticeboard of Baldur's Gate in the late hours of the night, directly on top of that pinned there some days prior by another individual, presuming it was still there. The invisible footsteps then slunk away towards the nearby Thayan Enclave shortly afterwards.

Esteemed Archmage
Yolo Wyrmsbane

If you truly wish to exalt your righteousness above that of the Red Wizards and condemn their associations with the drow in your most recent book, it would do you well to explain to the 'Baldurian Ministry of Tourism' where you were on the 13th day of Flamerule in the Year of the Arch, 1353, before I have to.

I hear the purple mushrooms are the tastiest.

Yours deliciously,
Lady Scarlett

Unread postPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 1:34 pm 

The mage, Cosimo Delucca, returns to the noticeboard, pinning a response to Scarlett's note beneath it.

My dear lady Scarlett,

I have given the Flaming Fist the nub of it during their questioning of me over the villain Tamzim Remina, but I do think it is a good idea that I tell the whole city after your kind announcement.

On the 13th Day of Flamerule in the Year of the Arch, 1353, I travelled from Baldur's Gate to a subterranean city known as Rockrun, inhabited by a moody breed of gnomes. From there I teleported to just outside of the drow city of Sshamath, and the Bregan D'aerthe compound there.

My purpose was, as I hope you know (but perhaps you do not?), a rescue mission. A misguided lady for whom I felt some responsibility, despite her mistakes, had found herself a captive of the foul drow of Bregan D'aerthe. Most notably that auric fiend, Conjurer Imyvor Vesche, commanding officer of Tamzim Remina and formerly of Jane Price, on whose larcenous account my misguided friend was even known to Bregan.

I endeavoured to trick the vile Vesche into releasing the lady. This failed, and so I endeavoured to purchase her safe release. Alas, the price was for me to commit an unconscionable, torturous act. I refused. She was therefore released mutilated and myself under the burden of many threats. And, of course, under that of my abject failure, despite my archmagery. It is not one of my happiest moments.

As you can no doubt tell from my public-spirited guidebook, written as it is for the benefit of the relations between the Enclave and the people of Baldur's Gate at large, I am strongly committed to the success of Thayan trade in the city. That is why, when I saw a bald headed merchantess trading magical goods from a Thayan market stall in Sshamath, just between the torture racks and the slave market (hardly unknown to wearers of the Red, of course!), I was most worried for our crimson visitors.

I know better than many that confronting the drow even as foes is a dangerous and perfidious enterprise, as my experiences will make clear. How much more danger do the Red Wizards face with their amicable contact of trade? It is out of the spirit of friendship I advice the Enclave to cut off Thay's ongoing, peaceful contact with the hideous drow of the underdark. In my experience the best discourse opens with a Hellball.

Perhaps when I refused your kiss you felt you could no longer approach me in person, and that is why you write to me at a distance, publicly? Well then, find here the denied osculations.

X X X X

Perhaps next time we can meet privately, where I will ensure you a warm welcome.

Archmage Yolo Wyrmsbane

Hidden: show
Tsidkenu wrote:
A finely written and delectably scandalous parchment was placed carefully by an unseen hand upon the noticeboard of Baldur's Gate in the late hours of the night, directly on top of that pinned there some days prior by another individual, presuming it was still there. The invisible footsteps then slunk away towards the nearby Thayan Enclave shortly afterwards.

Esteemed Archmage
Yolo Wyrmsbane

If you truly wish to exalt your righteousness above that of the Red Wizards and condemn their associations with the drow in your most recent book, it would do you well to explain to the 'Baldurian Ministry of Tourism' where you were on the 13th day of Flamerule in the Year of the Arch, 1353, before I have to.

I hear the purple mushrooms are the tastiest.

Yours deliciously,
Lady Scarlett

Unread postPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 2:46 pm 

A further reply is tacked onto Cosimo's reply.
Archmage Yolo Wyrmsbane,

I must ask, as one who directly suffered and saw others suffer, in a a Thayan noble house, why would ye continence 'success of Thayan trade in the city'? Truly, Baldur's Gate would survive, and find other means of acquiring magical goods, without such an association as that with the Thayan Enclave? It seems quite dangerous to cause benefit to the Thayans, in particular the Red Wizards, in this case. Thy guidebook does nay quite address this, to my satisfaction.

Sincerely,
Malign Ashmeddai

Ilzsa Murnyethara, tiefling and "Hexmage"
- Biography
- The Fey Enigmas

"Betrayer... In truth, it was I who was betrayed [...]" (Illidan Stormrage, The Frozen Throne)

Unread postPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 3:16 pm 
Area Designer

A Balduran Lord in shining, holy armor clanks through the cobbled avenues of the Palace District with a straight-backed stride. A small, folded message appears to be clasped firmly in his own gloved grasp, its golden seal glimmering in the light of the midday sun upon parchment of high quality.

His path takes him toward a grand estate. He announces his presence and personally delivers a message for the particular inhabitant of the house to the footman who answers. A smile full of straight, white teeth accompanies this, as well as a murmured word of thanks before he pivots on his heel and goes away again, his golden cloak fluttering behind.

Unread postPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 11:39 pm 

A small note is tacked onto Malign's note, addressed to him personally-

Mr. Ashmedai,

If you travel into the Palace District, there you will find the Shelf of Many Books, just behind the Helm and Cloak Inn. They should be in possession of a Dictionary of the Common Language. I suggest you ask for it, then look up the word "Satire".

W.

Unread postPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 1:38 am 

Fury_US wrote:
A small note is tacked onto Malign's note, addressed to him personally-

Mr. Ashmedai,

If you travel into the Palace District, there you will find the Shelf of Many Books, just behind the Helm and Cloak Inn. They should be in possession of a Dictionary of the Common Language. I suggest you ask for it, then look up the word "Satire".

W.

W.,

I suggest ye mind thine business next time. This 'Archmage' is a fool, satire or nay. I suspect we both know it, what's worse.

Either he is a horrible at spinning tall tales, or he is a friend of the Drow. Both can dangerous...
But surely, you didn't need me to tell you that, did you, W.? Unless, of course, ye see nay harm in association with the Drow? Nay, I trust ye see the harm.

P.S.: While we're looking up words, do look up "dubious". It's for the benefit of us both, I assure ye.

This one isn't signed, but the handwriting is obviously that of Malign Ashmeddai.

Ilzsa Murnyethara, tiefling and "Hexmage"
- Biography
- The Fey Enigmas

"Betrayer... In truth, it was I who was betrayed [...]" (Illidan Stormrage, The Frozen Throne)

Last edited by samb123 on Wed May 16, 2018 2:58 am, edited 3 times in total.

Unread postPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 1:50 am 

A middle-aged paladin of Torm is found dead within the Baldur's Gate Docks ward.
He is hung from a loading crane, his armor and holy insignias desecrated and a large symbol of Bhaal carved into his chest.
As he is lowered it seems that his spirit refused resurrection.

Unread postPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 3:13 am 
Custom Content

A group of individuals enter the walls of the Flaming Fist headquarters late this night, one carrying the body of the individual known as Tamzim Remina. For those with sharp eyes, it would be clear he'd been hit frequently by lightning, and was bound with stockings before being transported and handed over to the Fists.

Medic, The Whistling Wanderess
Journeyman, College of Arcane Investigations, Sword Coast Guild of the Arcane
Student, Bladestone Academy
Halls of Inner Light

Unread postPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:56 pm 

Passers by might hear a wail echoing from within a ground floor flat behind the Thayan Enclave, followed by a loud bang. Some time later a turbaned mage emerges to greet a pair of red clad guests.

Later, the turbaned man, Cosimo Delucca, is seen hurrying to the Flaming Fist Headquarters. His expression is absent his usual cheerfulness, indeed the looks he gives those who hinder his path are scathing.

He presents himself willingly to the Flaming Fist to make a report.

Unread postPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 10:01 pm 

After spending a few days in Baldur's Gate awaiting for the Flaming Fist's decision regarding the fate of the wanted man Tamzim, the elven woman dressed in hides could be seen departing south towards Amn, not to be seen in Ducal lands for a few days.
People would have heard her say that she was heading out and was only returning when she found the person she is looking for.

Unread postPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 10:55 pm 

Rise to Power

Whispers among the street urchins tell of a new power broker among the criminal elements within the city. Both fear and awe can be heard in the rumors but the general feeling is that that those who work in the shadows were preparing something big.......As a result more and more small notes tucked in dirty corners and dark parts of the taverns are left everywhere each reads the same and a symbol of the god Mask is stamped on each one....

WE ARE WATCHING!

-Al Capone

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79