New Player? Introduce Yourself!

Off-Topic Community Conversations and Discussions

Moderators: Moderator, DM

Whimsical Wail

Re: New Player? Introduce Yourself!

Unread post by Whimsical Wail » Tue May 07, 2019 1:31 pm

Sigh, I always have the most troubles with forging a character: either you're from another region, in which case it can feel forced to suddenly land upon the realm in question, or you're based locally, and the pressure to absorb all the surrounding happenings is steep!

I typically like to know about one noteworthy event or rumor that would whet the appetite of many who hear it, otherwise I struggle with the intersection of a character's backstory and the current actions transpiring. Truly, the first step is the most daunting. D:

At any rate, I won't dominate this introduction thread, and I'll meander about for intel.
American player, (UTC−07:00). Doesn't understand Discord yet.

Current character:

Daefera Eirel, tiefling charlatan disguised as a half-elf "finding herself".

Winterborne

Re: New Player? Introduce Yourself!

Unread post by Winterborne » Tue May 07, 2019 1:41 pm

Most people don't go around telling their entire backstory to every single person they meet! You'll be fine. Just ask around, read the message boards (We even have some in-game!) and mingle and socialize at hotspots. You'll pick up rumors and information pretty quickly.

In the worst case you could also make a character expressly with the intent of getting to know the server a bit before you roll the character you intend to play. There's no limit to how many characters people can play at once, after all!
Nathan Goldenmane - Knife Fighter of Sune

Marshal and Steward, House Darius -
Guard and Performer, The Twilight Rose