Church of Ilmater RP

In-Character News, Laws, Announcements, Rumors, and Stories Relating to the Sword Coast

Moderators: Moderator, DM

Featherfox
Recognized Donor

Re: Church of Ilmater RP

Unread post by Featherfox » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:21 pm

narcaleptic wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:01 pm
*Dressed in hides and skins, a rather tribal looking Buurk sits inside the Temple of ilmater reading a green book and writing down sentences on a small piece of parchment. Anyone inspecting closer would see him grabbing his head every so often and sighing as he appears to be trying to improve his grammar. He takes breaks to help move food stores when they arrive and dispense food to the hungry and poor, but then goes straight back to his studies.

*atop his table lay some medical supplies with a sign that states free potions to those in need*
A fiery-haired woman in a white and red dress wearing a symbol of Ilmater as a clasp on her cloak asks if she can join him. If he accepts, she'll offer to talk with the orc to help him practice his speech. She introduces herself as Victoria, commenting that they had met once before, but that it has been a long while. She'll also apologize as she doesn't recognize the names on the list he posted.

narcaleptic

Unread post by narcaleptic » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:35 pm

Featherfox wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:21 pm
narcaleptic wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:01 pm
*Dressed in hides and skins, a rather tribal looking Buurk sits inside the Temple of ilmater reading a green book and writing down sentences on a small piece of parchment. Anyone inspecting closer would see him grabbing his head every so often and sighing as he appears to be trying to improve his grammar. He takes breaks to help move food stores when they arrive and dispense food to the hungry and poor, but then goes straight back to his studies.

*atop his table lay some medical supplies with a sign that states free potions to those in need*
A fiery-haired woman in a white and red dress wearing a symbol of Ilmater as a clasp on her cloak asks if she can join him. If he accepts, she'll offer to talk with the orc to help him practice his speech. She introduces herself as Victoria, commenting that they had met once before, but that it has been a long while. She'll also apologize as she doesn't recognize the names on the list he posted.
*stands up and pulls a chair out for her to sit* Mebz would be happiez to accept hep frum you'bz. Mebz need learn huw put wordz in rught pluces whun tulk and write. Buurk no can fix himz slur, but can fix himz word placing in sentences.

*sitting on the table with him are a stack of books, each one is titled a different dragon type from bronze to gold, and black to green, etc. Though the book his is reading from currently is not a dragon book.*
Buurk Gers: OH! BIG DOGGIE, MEBZ PET! *runs off chasing a boar*
Henry: Gold is the source of all life mate, not blood.
Ole'grum: Yer mothers a tavern Wench!
Xilo Villa: Your gold or your life.

TheChase

Unread post by TheChase » Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:42 pm

Dressed in fullplate and blue silks a halfling with blonde hair and sapphire eyes covered in triad symbols arrives at the temple seeking Sister Juna. Squire Thamora had been a consistent guest since her arrival in the city and joining of the Radiant Heart. She waits patently in the small chapel in silent prayer until Sister Juna is free from her duties to speak.
Violet Thamora
Half the size three times the faith

DM Arrakeen
Retired Staff

Unread post by DM Arrakeen » Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:53 am

TheChase wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:42 pm
Dressed in fullplate and blue silks a halfling with blonde hair and sapphire eyes covered in triad symbols arrives at the temple seeking Sister Juna. Squire Thamora had been a consistent guest since her arrival in the city and joining of the Radiant Heart. She waits patently in the small chapel in silent prayer until Sister Juna is free from her duties to speak.
DM Arrakeen wrote: A young female entered the chapel and spoke shortly with two caretakers tending to the place. One of them motioned to the visitor murmuring something. Bearing a gentle smile, Anne approached the halfling. "Greetings Squire, what brings you to us today?"
Guidelines for my events
Remember: It's just a game. No need to get sad, angry or vengeful over it.

Server Rules
DM Rulings

TheChase

Unread post by TheChase » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:58 am

DM Arrakeen wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:53 am
TheChase wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:42 pm
DM Arrakeen wrote: A young female entered the chapel and spoke shortly with two caretakers tending to the place. One of them motioned to the visitor murmuring something. Bearing a gentle smile, Anne approached the halfling. "Greetings Squire, what brings you to us today?"
The halfling bowed her head and offered a warm smile along with her greeting. "Greetings Sister, I am hoping to speak with Sister Juna about the orphanage. I have been sworn to assist in it's protection and would make efforts towards such."
Violet Thamora

DM Arrakeen
Retired Staff

Unread post by DM Arrakeen » Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:19 pm

TheChase wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:58 am
The halfling bowed her head and offered a warm smile along with her greeting. "Greetings Sister, I am hoping to speak with Sister Juna about the orphanage. I have been sworn to assist in it's protection and would make efforts towards such."
DM Arrakeen wrote:Anne nodded in understanding. "Follow me, please. We'll see if Revered Sister is available," she led the young squire through the chapel and into a long, narrow, but well-lit corridor. "Protection, you say. A guard duty of sorts?"
Guidelines for my events

Server Rules
DM Rulings

TheChase

Unread post by TheChase » Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:02 am

DM Arrakeen wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:19 pm
TheChase wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:58 am
DM Arrakeen wrote:Anne nodded in understanding. "Follow me, please. We'll see if Revered Sister is available," she led the young squire through the chapel and into a long, narrow, but well-lit corridor. "Protection, you say. A guard duty of sorts?"

She followed the sister, small clanking of metal armor as she does. "Of sorts, from what i understand it was the duty once performed by Thedran before his noble sacrifice. He asked a friend of mine to assist in it's protection after his death, who in turn asked me knowing i was a paladin of the Triad."
Violet Thamora

DM Arrakeen
Retired Staff

Unread post by DM Arrakeen » Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:17 pm

TheChase wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:02 am
She followed the sister, small clanking of metal armor as she does. "Of sorts, from what i understand it was the duty once performed by Thedran before his noble sacrifice. He asked a friend of mine to assist in it's protection after his death, who in turn asked me knowing i was a paladin of the Triad."
DM Arrakeen wrote:"It must have taken place a long time ago," Anne's brow furrowed in thought as she led Violet upstairs. The young woman knocked on the door, and when a voice from within gave the permission to enter, she moved forward and to the side, letting the squire pass.

Inside, behind a desk, sat a very old, but neatly dressed woman. She smiled warmly at Anne and the Orphanage's guest.
"Please come in and sit," she motioned to empty chairs before pouring each a glass of blackberry juice. Juna's gaze settled on Violet. "Welcome, squire. What can I do for you?"
Guidelines for my events

Server Rules
DM Rulings

TheChase

Unread post by TheChase » Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:18 pm

DM Arrakeen wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:17 pm
TheChase wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:02 am
DM Arrakeen wrote:"It must have taken place a long time ago," Anne's brow furrowed in thought as she led Violet upstairs. The young woman knocked on the door, and when a voice from within gave the permission to enter, she moved forward and to the side, letting the squire pass.

Inside, behind a desk, sat a very old, but neatly dressed woman. She smiled warmly at Anne and the Orphanage's guest.
"Please come in and sit," she motioned to empty chairs before pouring each a glass of blackberry juice. Juna's gaze settled on Violet. "Welcome, squire. What can I do for you?"
Violet offered Juna a warm smile as she took a seat. "Well met Sister Juna, it was asked of me to assist in the protection of the temple and orphanage. Mind you as a squire of the Radiant Heart and trying to become a Triadic knight, i travel a bit much to be a door guard. So i was thinking i might try bounding with the children and staff as a way of helping and protecting. To that end i would like to start coming by regularly to read to the children and helping in anyway i can."
Violet Thamora

DM Arrakeen
Retired Staff

Unread post by DM Arrakeen » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:54 pm

TheChase wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:18 pm

Violet offered Juna a warm smile as she took a seat. "Well met Sister Juna, it was asked of me to assist in the protection of the temple and orphanage. Mind you as a squire of the Radiant Heart and trying to become a Triadic knight, i travel a bit much to be a door guard. So i was thinking i might try bounding with the children and staff as a way of helping and protecting. To that end i would like to start coming by regularly to read to the children and helping in anyway i can."
DM Arrakeen wrote:Anne settled in one of the chairs, looking between the elderly sister and the halfling squire without saying a word. Sister Juna, on the other hand, listened to what Violet had to say and then proceeded to comment.

"It would be a quite unusual duty for a squire to perform," she observed. "We have the caretakers read to the children. Perhaps your talents would be better served elsewhere," Juna smiled, pondering the thought. "Tell me, child, who of the Triad do you hold dear the most?"
Guidelines for my events

Server Rules
DM Rulings

TheChase

Unread post by TheChase » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:23 pm

DM Arrakeen wrote:Anne settled in one of the chairs, looking between the elderly sister and the halfling squire without saying a word. Sister Juna, on the other hand, listened to what Violet had to say and then proceeded to comment.

"It would be a quite unusual duty for a squire to perform," she observed. "We have the caretakers read to the children. Perhaps your talents would be better served elsewhere," Juna smiled, pondering the thought. "Tell me, child, who of the Triad do you hold dear the most?"
"The path of the Triadic knight, the one i seek to walk requires i treat each as equal. I am to be dedicated to all three and hold each in my heart accepting them for their strengths and weaknesses that create the greater whole. However i am still within the early days of my training. At the moment i am rotating between serving the three temples to gain a better understanding of each and their role in the Triad. To start with it was Tyr and i have just recently moved on to Ilmater. This means i don't hold any in greater light then the others, but i do have a better understanding of Tyr as he was the first."
Violet Thamora

DM Arrakeen
Retired Staff

Unread post by DM Arrakeen » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:41 pm

TheChase wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:23 pm
"The path of the Triadic knight, the one i seek to walk requires i treat each as equal. I am to be dedicated to all three and hold each in my heart accepting them for their strengths and weaknesses that create the greater whole. However i am still within the early days of my training. At the moment i am rotating between serving the three temples to gain a better understanding of each and their role in the Triad. To start with it was Tyr and i have just recently moved on to Ilmater. This means i don't hold any in greater light then the others, but i do have a better understanding of Tyr as he was the first."
DM Arrakeen wrote:"I see," Juna nodded, simply accepting the answer. "Then perhaps you'd be more interested in speaking to our older charges about fairness, justice, and the notions of honor, honesty, and law?"
Guidelines for my events

Server Rules
DM Rulings

Bloodstone

Unread post by Bloodstone » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:03 am

A travelling sister has taken up residence at the temple showing skill while tending to patients and helping out with some of the more menial tasks. Shes often eager to go off in search of any medicinal ingredients required by the church.

Darkcloud777

Unread post by Darkcloud777 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:15 pm

Terri 'Xon would inquire at the Illmater Temple about a vault recently donated to the Church by the Order of Lions with an interest in purchasing it from them. She would leave word on how she can be reached at the Phoenix Company Roadside Inn

Terri Lalani
Council of Phoenix Company

Winterborne

Unread post by Winterborne » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:19 pm

A blonde man with a black robe and white fur mantle is still a regular at the temple. He arrives every other day or so, with a cart of food, blankets, and other goods. Crates bear the insignia of House Darius of Baldur's Gate. Upon delivery he is seen either reading at the temple, standing guard silently and patrolling the place inside and out, or volunteering in the infirmary.

Each day he does this, he can also be seen to travel south, towards the Friendly Arm, where a certain tomb is lovingly cared for. Candles that have burnt down are replaced, wax scraped away, stone scrubbed free of dirt and grime and polished, and old flowers removed and replaced by fresh ones.
Nathan Goldenmane - Knife Fighter of Sune

Steward and Head of Business, House Darius -
Guard and Performer, The Siren's Song