BGTSCC Discord BGTSCC IRC

Server Address: game.bgtscc.net
57/96
Last counter update:
2018-11-17 19:34:41

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: RCR Advice
Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:44 pm 

Thread on some advice for how to RCR a character. There's a few nuances and hiccups with the process. Post here if you want to share some advice regarding RCRing.

- Don't RCR a character of one name and then recreate that same name. The server recognizes the oldest one first and it can become inconvenient to select character languages as you'll have to wait until the server resets.

- It is often helpful to first make your new "blank" character before asking someone to transfer your items. That way you're prepared to retrieve your items from them without having to go through the character creation process.

- When RCRing a character that you wish to continue playing, flub the name a bit on your next one to help with the above two mentions. That way the engine recognizes it as a new entity and AFTER the server has reset properly, ask a DM to change the name to it's proper form. For example: RCR "Corellon Larethian" and recreate as "Corelon Larthian". Any DM with spare time can easily change your name for you. Remember to wait until AFTER the next server reset.

- Try to ask a player you trust to hold your items for you. Campfires are not a preferred method.

- Item required levels are known to change depending on the Appearance model you've selected. We can't easily restore this in game. If you lose exp when you RCR (or pick a race with ECL) please be advised that you may not be able to equip your old gear immediately.

Campaign State of Affairs - 1352 - Year of the Dragon

Retirement thread -- Love you guys!

Post subject: Re: RCR Advice
Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:28 pm 
Forum Moderator

Advice for Wizards Preparing to RCR.

Zella - Hedge Witch [Active]
Mae yr Machshikhah - ???? [Bio] [Hiatus]
Schezalle - The Black Claws Baeqeshel [Bio] [Black Claws Emporium] [Hiatus]
Aeili Azenci - Baelnorn of Mystra [Deceased]

Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:41 pm 
Global Admin

Reminder x2:

Maecius wrote:
Just a reminder:

When RCRing, it's not a great idea to use a campfire for your gear. Please ask a player that you trust to assist you, or a DM if you have nobody else (and they are not too busy). If the server crashes, your gear is gone. If another player steals from your campfire, your gear is gone. So play it safe, don't lose your gear!

Starting April 10th, I will stop providing vault or character rollbacks to players who have accidentally deleted their characters or lost their items through their own carelessness. Please take all appropriate precautions when RCRing. It's very easy to make mistakes if you rush through it, so take your time, and ask a friend or a DM to hold your items.

If you campfire your inventory and you lose it, if you delete the wrong character or use the deleter instead of the RCR NPC, and so on, it's going to be up to you get it back through play. Rollbacks are supposed to only be issued for major server-side errors (such as the actual corruption of your character file). The reason for this is because they are easily exploited (they are issued almost entirely on trust, because I do trust nearly all of you) and because they cost me a lot in time (especially with how frequent the requests have become).

Please, please, please take every effort to protect your characters and your items from accidental loss. It breaks my heart to see players go through it, but after the 10th, I'm going to be much stricter with rollbacks.

- Server Rules and Information
- Supporting BG:TSCC

Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:47 pm 

Okay I am back on the server. I. Confused about all these new skills. I got a cleric and could not raise a dead player. Any help for my full cleric heal build.

Zinny

Zurvlance - Coven of Darkness

Nothing gets the blood going more than some good spirits *Hic-Up* -Zinnestro - Phoenix Company

Please no Meta Gaming

Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:48 pm 
Global Admin

100% RCR will be reverting in approximately one month, full details here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=50681&p=679442#p679442

Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:59 pm 

Are Favored soul changes done and paladin kits released before the system is reverted?.

Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:07 pm 
Global Admin

We'll aim for that, if we can, but it's not guaranteed. As in the announcement, individual class changes may warrant individual rebuilds for those classes on a case-by-case basis at the discretion of the administrators or Head DMs, based on how significant the change is.

I'll lock this thread because fielding questions about the revert is off topic here. Anyone wanting to ask questions about the revert is welcome to open another thread on the subject to do so however.

Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:57 pm 
Global Admin

Bumping this thread.

Please always remember to check two things before you delete your character:

1) Am I still carrying my gold?

And,

2) Are all my equipped items un-equipped?

The administration is under zero obligation to refund you if you've made an error by rushing through your RCR. You can still ask, of course, since we are pretty nice; but if the request is granted, it will be on our own time, not right away. So avoid the headache and the pain of waiting by being careful the first time!

Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:53 am 
Global Admin

Bumping this thread again with some new advice.

Did you just successfully RCR your character? Got all the gear onto them, and transferred all your gold?

Congratulations! The hard part is over!

Now before you take those levels, or start messing with item appearances, FIRST ...

Log out. And then log back in. Or use the "save character" function on the DMFI. :) This should protect you from losing anything in case the server crashes!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]