BGTSCC Discord BGTSCC IRC

Server Address: game.bgtscc.net
39/96
Last counter update:
2018-08-14 19:36:45

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject: Re: Spell bugs compilation list
Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:32 am 

The use of the warlock's Tenacious plague is bugged.

If on uses it at max range, the next spell will incur a spell failure, do not equip items while casting. It will work fine as long as it hits the target before the half round mark, if it hits at max range, it's about half a second after half round time, and next blast will fail.

It is an extra gimping factor, since it removes the option to maximize burst on a target, which used to be cast plague at max range, and hit the next blast from invis.

Is this a feature or a bug?

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:04 am 
Recognized Member

magic vestment was not applying ac bonus last night on mundane armor or shields.

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only choice."

Bob Marley

Unread postPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 3:47 am 

Legend lore does nothing.

~ Sathia ~ Joy Bringer, The Halls of Inner Light, Apprentice Sword Coast Arcane

Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:41 am 

I'm expressing my annoyance at the Greater Magic Fang issue again.

It used to be you could shift to animal form, buff up with GMF and then shift out and go RP.
When need be, you could shift back into any animal/elemental/dragon forms and your greater magic fang would be there with +5 to hit and +5 to damage.

But it no longer works like that. Every time you shift out of a form - poof - it's gone. It remains on the buffs list just to mock you, but it doesn't work any longer.

And what this translates to ingame, ignoring any well wishes and hypotheticals, is that it encourages druids to simply shift into a form and sit in that form for as long as humanly possible, essentially cutting them out from any meaningful RP in group content and pretty much anywhere where combat is to be expected. If they shift out of a form to say a few words to their friends, the buff's gone and you best wait for a rest. And if I want to pack multiple GMF castings, that's pretty much near impossible, seeing how hard it is to fit all the bufffs needed for me and my pet as it is.

Can something PLEASE be done about this and fix the Greater Magic Fang to simply work as it did? You fixed flame weapon to stop falling off at every shift, why not fix the Greater Magic Fang? It's not changing the balance of anything, it simply solves a really annoying issue that is inhibiting roleplay and participation of druids, or penalizes them if they decide to be social while out on a dungeon delve or anything similar.

*edit*
Also, since I'm posting, Storm Avatar drops off during zone transitions.

Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:21 pm 

Slunko wrote:

It used to be you could shift to animal form, buff up with GMF and then shift out and go RP.
When need be, you could shift back into any animal/elemental/dragon forms and your greater magic fang would be there with +5 to hit and +5 to damage.

But it no longer works like that. Every time you shift out of a form - poof - it's gone. It remains on the buffs list just to mock you, but it doesn't work any longer.

And what this translates to ingame, ignoring any well wishes and hypotheticals, is that it encourages druids to simply shift into a form and sit in that form for as long as humanly possible, essentially cutting them out from any meaningful RP in group content and pretty much anywhere where combat is to be expected. If they shift out of a form to say a few words to their friends, the buff's gone and you best wait for a rest. And if I want to pack multiple GMF castings, that's pretty much near impossible, seeing how hard it is to fit all the bufffs needed for me and my pet as it is.

Can something PLEASE be done about this and fix the Greater Magic Fang to simply work as it did? You fixed flame weapon to stop falling off at every shift, why not fix the Greater Magic Fang? It's not changing the balance of anything, it simply solves a really annoying issue that is inhibiting roleplay and participation of druids, or penalizes them if they decide to be social while out on a dungeon delve or anything similar.

*edit*

+1

Lucian Dragagin: "Winter will come"

Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:28 am 
Recognized Member

Does anyone know why this has changed?

The situation now, with losing Greater Magic Fang every time you resume Original Form, the Druid must memorize numerous castings of the spell...and one will never be able to stock the spellbook to match the number of Shifts per Day a Druid earns as they progress.

If the reason was so that a Druid could not cast then Shapechange cast and gain the +5 AB, why is it not better to have Shapechange get a hook to dismiss GMF, instead of how it works now?

Slunko wrote:

*edit*

|> Hurgon WyrmstoneKraak Helzak Ambassador & Voice of the Deep Mountain
|> Preceptor Phasorin ZauPurification through Fire
|> Henryk Urde — Swords of Justice

Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:34 pm 
Quality Control

It wasn't a change made on purpose, but a bug introduced (I think in the effort to reduce crashing).

Quote:
Revision: 1934
Author: Valefort
Date: Thursday, May 10, 2018 9:14:44 AM
Adding a little delay on post wildshape buff transfer so that they actually transfer.

A fix was made already but apparently it didn't quite take.

Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:36 pm 
Recognized Member

Nemni wrote:
It wasn't a change made on purpose, but a bug introduced (I think in the effort to reduce crashing).

Quote:
Adding a little delay on post wildshape buff transfer so that they actually transfer.

That's good news!

As far as I can tell, whatever bugged out only effects Greater Magic Fang.

Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:58 pm 
Recognized Member

Update on the recent Update:

Neither thhe Greater Magic Fang nor Jagged Tooth are transferring to successive Wild Shape transformations, after the latest update.

Other buffs seem work fine—Bull's Cat's, Spell Resistance, etc.

So I am curious: IS GMF and JT going to transfer over eventually (and as before), or is this a "Power adjustment" that was introduced but not documented?

Nemni wrote:

Quote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9