Anti-Magic Melody

Suggestions or Mechanical Requests for Classes, Feats, Races, Etc.

Moderators: Moderator, Associate Dev, Developer, Quality Control, DM

Endelyon
Lead Programmer

Re: Anti-Magic Melody

Unread post by Endelyon »

Skalden wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 12:06 pm
Does this song count in Olin gisir if taking levels as bard ?
Valefort wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 6:00 am
I forgot that when writing the class but it should be taken it into account (line 56 of nw_s0_morddisj fro any dev seeing this).
It's fixed pending the next update.

MadSeer

Unread post by MadSeer »

I've been thinking up of a concept and I was curious to know if other spellcasting classes, that can be taken with Bard, can count as well toward that cap? I was hoping to make some kind of stealthy dispeler with Dissonant Chord and Arcane Trickster for the RP concept, but the Mord would cap at 17 with that build (12bard+5 Dissonant Chord) if I'm understanding this correctly.

I'm not well versed in anything mage related, so I don't know if it'd end up with too many dispel potential and such, but I thought I'd drop this here.

chad878262
QC Coordinator

Unread post by chad878262 »

Arcane Trickster is not a Bard PRC, though it does allow spellcasting progression, similar to if you make a Bard/Palemaster. These classes bring other benefits to the table so unlikely for them to be granted progression for bard songs. And yes, with 17 levels you won't dispel anything besides money mages (UMD), but it's mords so you will still have the breach which doesn't require a caster check.
Chord Silverstrings - Bard and OSR Squire / Tarent Nefzen - Arcane Wand Merchant and Master Alchemist / Irrace Arkentlar - Drow Adventurer / Finneaus Du'Veil - Gem Merchant and Executive Officer of SCCE

Tarent's Wands and Elixirs

A Wand Crafter's guide to using wands

MadSeer

Unread post by MadSeer »

Gotcha! Makes sense.