BGTSCC Discord BGTSCC IRC

Server Address: game.bgtscc.net
34/96
Last counter update:
2018-07-17 17:51:14

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dasha's journal.
Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:44 pm 

Raid to Durlag's tower.

20th of Ches

Today I have discovered something I honestly did not expect. Elspeth has payed her enormous debt off and even some extra percentage. I had absolutely no idea what inspired her to do this, or what plot was behind it, but hundred bags is hundred bags! I saw these money with my own eyes and I congratulated Cylissa, but she was not happy at all. She kept blaming herself for her weakness, for lack of courage, for being too kind.

I had a plan in my head for a long time, but it required a companion, and right now the time has come! I am going to rob the notorious Durlag tower today! I described this venture as nothing but training, and Cylissa agreed to join my treasure hunt.

By the evening we made it to the wastes east of Gullykin. Before this day the only place I have seen basilisks was the Underdark, but this swampy area was infested with them! Local basilisks were much bigger and more dangerous than their underground kin. Something was wrong with this place, but we did not stop. We climbed up the hill and finally we were able to see it.

Durlag tower appeared to be a sinister castle hidden behind dark walls. It impressed me greatly, I felt the smell of untouched primordial evil... it was so good. Meeting no resistance inside the the yard, we opened the gates and entered this castle.

Undead hordes inside seemed endless but we fought them tirelessly. Cylissa still thought this was just a training, I have lost a count to bones turned to dust with her halberd. This place reminded me of palace, that Durlag must have been incredibly rich during his life. We stalked through the floors, we saw a beautiful sight from the roof, but we were still unable to find any traces of Durlag himself. This certainly was a tower of a wizard, but where is the laboratory? We were unable to find anything extraordinaty until the moment I have noticed stairs to the basement...

What I have seen below reminded me of little Underdark with huge monsters. Umber hulks, giant spiders, displacer beasts, duergars, even drow... I have seen so many familiar creatures, but I still had no idea what were they doing here. It looked like a mad wizard laboratory, like that Durlag was trying to create new species of the most vile Underdark beasts, but everything went out of control and he was murdered by his own creations... The dead body of the wizard lying in the middle of the hall was proving my words. The story of this place became clear for me... At least I thought so until I decided to venture even lower to steal more treasures.

If the previous floor reminded me of laboratory, then this one was looking more like a museum of some mad collectionner. Lake of lava, room with creepy statues, giant steam machines... We found a room that contained something I could make fortune with. A relic sword covered behind a magical barrier. We tried out best to break the barried, but dispelling scrolls were as useless as grenades here.

Later we found another bizarre room that contained stone tablets. They were telling a story about a brave warrior named Durlag who has slaying thousands of drow with his mighty axe... I can't say how confused I was at that moment. Why is that place named after a warrior? Why it is infested with Underdark creatures? Where is Durlag now?

After numerous exhausting battles we have discovered a throne room. It looked hollow at first, but then Cylissa noticed a dark figure standing near the throne. We didn't know what to do, but then that creature noticed us. I tried to ask its name, but the shadowy figure just laughed at my face and declared that it is tired from us...

The most challenging fight has begun. Two versus one, this fight seemed endless, I was already running out of my breath, but the creature seemed tireless. And when I thought that we won't win this, Cylissa has made the deadliest blow I have seen from her... and the creature disappeared.

Was it slain? I doubt it... but the fight was over. I placed my foot at the throne, holding my dagger tight and wiping the blood from my nose. How long I can last? I think I could use my powers one more time, but would I be able to survive the strain? We have decided not to risk. There was a system of hidden passages, and this wasn't that hard for me to figure out how it works. With Cylissa's help I was able to open the locked porticulus that lead to the secret treasury. After filling our bags with gold, we have decided to find an Inn and call it a day.

There was also a passage below, even closer to the deeps. We were too exhausted to face whatever awaits us in the darkness, but someday I will return there...

Known as:
Dasha — Smuggler, troublemaker, grandmaster of losing duels (Happy end?)
Alkor Deezelisk — Notorious spellcaster from Amn, paladin of Lathander (Semi-active)
Gerfrex — Sneaky orc, self-proclaimed master of shadows (Active)

Please don't metagame my journals.

Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:08 am 

The beasts must be held in cages.

23rd of Ches

Today I have seen a charming sight near the Friendly Arm Inn entrance. Looks like Aurelia and her pale mommy decided to open their gem trading business, how cute. Aurelia started threatening just as she noticed me, I told that I am going to wire her guts around her neck in response, it was a pretty neat conversation. The crowd was watching this with shock in their eyes, while Elspeth was clearly amused by that. I knew the place where they are selling the gems, and I promised to find them... customers down there.

Our conversation was interrupted though. Two walking bunches of muscles with swords approached, one of them began mocking me because of my tail, and of course the quarrel has started. These witless hulks were too large, so they demanded me to step aside and let them pass. I refused to do it. This place has gathered an immense crowd, the guards were already watching. These thugs were stupid and agressive, but not enough to cut a weaponless woman in dress with their swords...

But this is what actually happened. Even Elspeth and Aurelia were shocked by their cruel actions, and only immediate medical intervention and my feral stamina allowed me to survive this. Cylissa came in right before the carnage and she was knocked down too when she tried to help me... Those thugs managed to escape unpunished.

Msciwoj and Bran — I will let people know about these filthy names. The beasts must be held in cages.

Known as:
Alkor Deezelisk — Notorious spellcaster from Amn, paladin of Lathander (Semi-active)

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:28 pm 

The lesser evil.

25th of Ches

Many events happened in last days. A weird druidic meeting with an ogre taking part, a shady hin who asked me to find his friend lost in the Underdark, a mindless rumble at the Last Anchor — It all dissolves in the tide of time. The moment has come to face the truth.

The spirit protects me, but I would lie if I say that I don't abuse his power. Piligrimage to the Amn mountains, raid to Durlag tower, dangerous venture to descent of the Underdark wilds... I have come through hundreds of the most dangerous monsters with Cylissa, I was breaching through all possible limits of my power, I made it alive to this day, but looks like I have finally discovered the price.

I couldn't hide it from Cylissa. Excessive use of feral powers ruins my body. My limbs are still shivering, the blood streaming from my nose has become a usual thing. She was afraid to lose me, I understand it, but I doubt that there is anything I can do about it. She told me to ask Lannia for help again, but I won't! She has betrayed me in the past, I won't trust her anymore!

I promised her to stop using my powers for some time, but once again I was forced to. I have met a dwarf with crossbow at the Trade way. I had several quarrels with that bearded idiot before, and now he started threatening me. My memories are blurry, but when he started shooting at me I have lost control, my spirit broke out to protect me... and he failed. I didn't have enough concentration and power to control it, and without my guidance this clumsy colossus has lost the battle against that sneaky little bastard with expensive gear. That thug didn't finish me, but he better watch his back now...

At the Friendly Arm Inn we met Vala Reyer, the captain of some pirate ship or something like it. She heard my cough and offered the medical help. I didn't trust her, but Cylissa insisted. It was a weird experience. She asked to breath in and out, she used strange pipes and other instruments to hear my breath and heartbeat... She was really confused about my "disease", Cylissa was begging me to tell the truth, but I couldn't trust Vala, and the medical session was over.

Cylissa didn't blame me for that, but she was very concerned about my condition. She said that I'd better stop using my power, that it slowly kills me... She was right of course. But the irony is that without this power I would have been dead long time ago. This is what I call the lesser evil.

Known as:

Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:45 pm 

The history of my fails.

28th of Ches

My condition is not getting any better. Today I saved a fallen adventurer at the Eastern Farmlands only to be called "ugly" in response, and after I suggested to "unsave" her back the people started accusing me of murder attempt... this land reminds me of circus sometimes.

I decided to repeat my previous plan that worked once long time ago. I placed a sign that stated "LOOKING FOR SHAMAN" and began waiting. The only shaman I knew was Lannia, but I couldn't trust her anymore! Some passers by told me about another person, a man called Bran. I recognized that name. The thug that tried to kill me near the Friendly Arm when I was defenseless! That criminal got away back then. I started telling people about his deeds, and it was a moment when you realise how close this world is.

Bran was walking along the road, and I couldn't just let this thug pass by! The quarrel has started, that bandit challenged me for a fight at Thundar's ride, and he had it coming! This time I won't be that easy to defeat though, and without his bulky lover he has no chances! I had prepared my fighting gear and few wards, I gathered witnesses and we started our march to Thundar's ride...

I will take my revenge!..

"Pathetic..."
"Is this... Is this what I think?"
"You failed... Again..."
"Why didn't you protect me?! It is your fault!"
"Bear can't reach the crow... Stupid bitch..."
"Why you keep bothering me if you are so smart, huh?! Shut your maw up already and let me die!"
"Filthy mortal... You stay..."
"You won't force me to come back this time, fuzzy!"
"Pathetic wench... The hunt is not yet over..."

...This was the second time I have returned. My head hurts, body hardly moves, and the world feels bleached. It looks like we were saved by Mill, a rashemi warrior who watched the scene. My armor was unlaced in few places, and I didn't ever want to know what Bran was doing with my dead body.

The world felt like a dream. I felt that my spirit link was seriously damaged, and the border between my mind and feral hunger was slowly dissolving... I nearly lost control at the Inn, I wanted to breath some air, and when I realized that I can't hold it anymore I started to run until I fainted...

...I woke up in the woods. Mill and Cylissa were chasing me, and I attacked them. I was able to realise what was going on, but didn't have enough willpower to prevent it. The spirit was enraged, it wanted blood. I needed to forget about everything and clear my mind. We decided to go for fishing at Ulgoth's beard, but even there I couldn't find peace. Elspeth appearing infront of us out of nowhere, Teris accusing me of different things and preaching about morality, Teri the wand crafter trying to sell me her wands for hours, Tarin the squire telling about Silver Rose knights kneeling before Elspeth... Finally I had burnt my rod, fishing is the most frustrating thing I have done so far!

Before going to sleep I finally figured out why my armor was unlaced. I couldn't believe it, why, why is this happening to me?! I felt threads under my breast... My heart was carved and sewed back, why is this happening?! I want to wake up and forget about this nightmare. The history of my fails is written on my body with wounds and maims, and this bloody book has less and less pages remaining...

Known as:

Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:34 pm 

Run.

29th of Ches

The dreams are torturing me again...
I see the desolated wasteland... An empty field covered with blanket of corpses... I feel hunger... hatred... pain... I have seen those dreams before, but there is a new frightening detail here.

Dozens of crows are circling in the red skies. They are patiently waiting for my death.

There is no doubt that I am cursed. What has he done to me?! I heard people talking about Bran by the campfire, I tried to ask them about him, but they didn't want to talk. I thought that this was another rude response from arrogant jerks and left. Later I understood that they were nervous or even scared to talk.

Before me and Cylissa crossed the bridge, we were overtaken by Sirion who was silent by the campfire. He asked us about our issues with Bran, and I invited him for a totally-not-suspicious talk at the abandoned crypt at Baldur's Gate graveyard. Sirion knew Bran in the past, he said that Bran has... changed. I had to tell him about what Bran has done to me and even show my most recent wound. Sirion was shocked by this sight. He had seen the only solution for me — talk to Lannia. After an hour of arguing he was finally able to convince me to follow his advice.

I didn't want to talk to her. I still hold a grudge for what happened because of her foolishness! But once again, I had to choose between the two evils. I am slowly opening door of the Last Anchor and walking in. Perhaps bouncers would have tossed me away for my recent idiotic performance, but Lannia and Derik were already waiting, they knew I would come. I couldn't hold myself and started blaming her, she denied my accusations. This didn't last long though. I knew that she was the only one who could help me, and few minutes later we left Derik and Cylissa downstairs.

Lannia examined my aura. She recognised the marking. She saw the trace of so-called Crow father, ninth of the eight as she called him. The only way to aid me was the ritual of Earth mother. I had never prayed to anyone in my life, but Lannia believed that I will succeed. She also recommended me to ask temple of Mystra for help since there might be bloodmagic involved.

I asked her what do I do about Bran, and her answer was simple — Run.
She failed to name anyone who would be able to defeat this fallen shaman as she called him. She said that she would have fled herself taking Derik with her. This was troublesome to hear, but I am not the one who runs away! Noone is invincible, it is always a matter of preparation...

Finally, Lannia and Derik went to sleep. I was able to persuade Derik to leave the sauna open for us. Me and Cylissa were having a good time there, and then I sensed a familiar scent.
"Who is there?!" — he said.
I certainly didn't expect to meet Teris here. The same is true for him. His face was priceless when I opened the bathroom door just infront of him. He was so shy and cute when he was nervously hiding his eyes behind his palms. We talked much that night. He told many stories about his past, how he was living in the lighthouse and then it turned out to be a secret Shar hideout, how he lost those who he loved, how he thinks he would never be loved again. I don't know much about this man's dark past, but he is way too strict to himself. He is a good person, all he need to do is stop running away from himself.

Known as:

Last edited by KOPOJIbPAKOB on Thu May 03, 2018 12:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:49 pm 

Let the game begin.

1st of Tarsakh

I was surprised to meet him.
I didn't see him for a very long time, I thought he was dead, but he was just walking through Sshamath market, tired and calm as usual. Keeshe asked if I recieved the message he sent me a week ago, and we were already talking at Spider's Kiss few minutes after I said "yes".

We had much to discuss with him. I told him about what happened to me recently, about my new wounds and foes, he told about Bregan stagnation. Few days ago a suspicious hin asked me to help him find his friend who was lost in the Underdark, someone called "Micar Mozzrym". Keeshe suggested me to stay away from that before I get into trouble. Micar turned out to be a woman, a drow hunter who is slain now by members of drow house she was fighting against. That damnable hin didn't say anything about this! I will find this little bastard later...

I sensed their smell when I was walking along the road. Bran and Msciwoj, these two savages were just sitting by the campfire sharing stories with others... Are these people blind or stupid?! Don't they have any slightest idea who are they talking to?! Perhaps they just don't know the truth, but I must confess that I didn't have enough determination to reveal myself. There were two more familiar faces by the campfire - Sirion and Kald, the celestial colossus I have met a day ago.

Was it coincidence or not, but I was reached by Sirion just as I crossed Friendly Arm Inn bridge. He said that in fact those people by the campfire knew Bran for a very long time, and it means that they probably do not care about his horrible deeds. Sirion said that those rashemi thugs are playing some kind of social game now (whatever this means).

"Something tells me they would have invited you to join their game." — Sirion said before making his leave.

Kald was here by that moment, and he heard our conversation. He wanted to know about my issues with those barbarians, I glanced to Sirion and he queitly nodded. I have never trusted aasimars, they are ill people with unhealthy revolting aura! So righteous, so noble, they are making me sick, and this man was no exception. I hadn't have much to lose though, so I decided to risk and invite him to the room. He agreed.

The first impression is always the most important, and when I first met Kald I started blaming him for nearly no reasons and promised to break a neck to a woman who was sitting in few feet from us. Despite that, this man was still eager to listen to me. I told him everything about what Bran has done to me. Kald was concerned about my story and he said he won't leave it like that. He will spread the word about Bran's dark deeds, although he refused to wage a war against him... for now. This man is like three or four times bigger than me, but he was defeated by Bran in the past. He also said that Bran's power is nothing compared to power of Msciwoj, and it was troublesome to hear. Lannia recommended me to run away from all of this, but it is just not my style...

I have been tortured by nightmares last night. Again. This was the high time to act. I took Cylissa with me, and together we arrived to the cave where Teris tried to exorcise my spirit and nearly killed me instead... Good times. I had absolutely no idea what I was doing, I prepared everything as Lannia told me, I asked Cylissa to remain silent and started my pray... or something looking like it. Perhaps I was doing something wrong, I was able to enter the trance after burning the Golden leaf, but I didn't feel any response from Mother earth.

Dozens of crows are still circling around the dead field... They are patiently waiting for my end... I roam these bloody plains... I try to escape from them, but their sinister screech still burns my ears... And then the power fills my lungs... I feel the strength to bend mountains... I emit a deafening roar, devastating as never bofore... My battlecry reaches the skies, feathers fall down as the crows flee in terror...

I opened my eyes. Cylissa told that she heard the flap of wings around me. I sighed with relief. I can't say if this is over or not, but today I will finally be able to rest...

Known as:

Last edited by KOPOJIbPAKOB on Thu May 03, 2018 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:34 am 

I am so tired...

3rd of Tarsakh

This calm evening by the campfire quickly turned into a joke competition. Mill, Teris and a suspicious mouthy man were telling funny stories one after another. Teris' and that man's joke sounded too complicated for me, but my stomach was aching after harsh anecdotes of Mill, although few of them made me blush and hit my forehead.

After some time only me and Mill left. He was still asking me to tell something, but I was a bit shy about it. But when a huge man in dark armor approached and started blaming me, I finally agreed. I sniffed the air and told:

"A liar, a jerk and a man stinking like crap walk into the bar, and barman says: "Get out of here, Ren".
We met first time when Teris was yelling at him for doublecrossing him. I met him many times later, Rensari is a very nasty type, and I know that he was the one who participated in spreading filth about me. He started accusing me of consorting with drow and other trivial bullshit, I was telling him to leave me be, but he was stubborn as a stone.

A new crowd was slowly gathering. Feral rage was boiling inside of me making it only worse. I don't only need to confront that idiot, but to hold my spirit from doing anything stupid... That large man was looking at me from upside down, he tried to poke my nose mockingly, but I had to surprise the crowd. One strong push, and that warrior in plates nearly falls to the ground, hardly remaning on foot, he cowardly grabs a magical wand and starts warding himself, but I didn't want to fight. Throwing my last insult to this jerk, I walked away to the north.

As I expected, this wasn't over. He took a crowd with him and chased me, with enraged voice he started demanding a duel, right here and right now, at the Baldur's Gate arena. Most people were eager to see this, while a hooded mage was trying to convince Ren. As for me, I've had enough of stupid fights. Ren is a moron, but even he might have some surprises I am not aware of. It was hard to calm down, but I refused.
"Subhuman pitborn trash". — he spat his last insult out before leaving in haste.

Perhaps he would now tell everyone that I came to him, started blaming for no reason, and then rejected a fair duel. Pff. As do I care.

By the morning me, Cylissa, Mill, Isabella, Kald, Teris, Pokey and few other passrsby were discussing Bran's horrible actions, it might have been an important meeting, but it was spoiled by a bunch of jerks who came in just to let us know how little crap do they give about our conversation. I pointed at this, but then one of them, a wench called Rannia, started blatantly accusing me of hanging with drow and other nonsense from rumors. I am not really wise myself, but I think I have made a smart decision — I left.

I know that probably I look like a villain in their eyes, but I am way too tired of total strangers who just come to me and arrogantly throw to my face their serious accusations based entirely on rumors spread by Elspeth and other mouthy ones in the past. Those endless eavesdroppers, racists, agressive thugs who are looking for any reasons to crush you...

It was an awful day, but I have forgotten about it in Cylissa's warm embraces...

Known as:

Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:54 pm 

Welcome to Bregan.

5th of Tarsakh

This was an important day for me. Although Keeshe warned me that he feels that this is a wrong idea, I didn't listen. I was working with Bregan in the past, I have good relations with Keeshe and R'ju, so I decided that the time has come to join their ranks. R'ju has appointed a meeting, and I was waiting at the dining hall. But the leaders were talking behind the locked door for hours, tired of endless waiting I fell asleep right at the table...

I felt someone's touch at my shoulder. R'ju woke me up and started telling something. Not quite understanding what is going on and where I am, I rubbed my eyes and just followed him upstairs. I saw a group of drow in expensive clothes looking at me with irritated sights. A man in white mantle asked R'ju coldly why am I still in the hood, R'ju was nervous and asked me to remove it. I already didn't like the meeting, but whatever.

"May I sit down? Thanks." — I joined them by the table without waiting for response.

Man in white robes, who seemed to be their leader, started angrily saying something in elven to R'ju, it was a moment I knew that my first impression is screwed up.

"Dasha, dear. Follow me down until they are done with this. Please...?" — Keeshe said with concern, and I followed him. I guess I have less chances joining the guild now... this is what I thought back then. What happened next was completely unexpected.

Boss in white robes raised his hand and ordered us to stop. He demanded to show him respect and loyalty, but I was confused by his statement. I had never had good manners, lack of sleep and the feral spirit inside of me don't help either. After trading few words the boss said that he would have my tail.

I honestly thought that this was a tasteless joke, but I started realising something when a warrior in pitch black armor approached with a sword in his hand. They stated an ultimatum — my tail or my life. The door was locked behind my back, and I had no chances to find help nor escape.

The fight has begun.

Yes, I failed again. I was lucky to survive it. R'ju was ordered to toss my lifeless body away like a sack of garbage. I think I will need to stay away from the Underdark for some time... I was judging on Bregan based on R'ju, Keeshe and Draya, who could ever think that it is ruled by bloodthirsty arrogant scum?! I have lost so much blood, but I still have my tail though, and this is what matters!

Known as:

Last edited by KOPOJIbPAKOB on Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:28 am 

The offer I couldn't resist.

7th of Tarsakh

Today I have attended a weird show at the White Mask theater. Desmodu, that man who was telling bizarre jokes by the campfire few days ago, has started his own comedy mono spectacle. Not that I attended many shows in my life, but this one was very... specific. I have never heard about such genres, this man himself was very strange, like he has come from the other plane of existence or even from the future. I guess many didn't understand this kind of performance, but I found it hilarious.

"Are you Dasha, miss?" — I have heard a whisper behind my back.

A man suspicious and polite at the same time has taken a seat right behind me. While listening to Desmodu's monologues, I quietly asked the man what does he want from me. He said that we need to talk in private, he let me know that this is somehow related to the recent... incident. I had no idea which is that man at, but I told him that I will be at the abandoned house near the Sword Coast commercial exchange office in an hour, the man nodded and silently made his leave.

Later I was joined by Mill and Cylissa, they both didn't understand what did I find in this spectacle, but perhaps the problem is in their sense of humor! Desmodu was unstopable, it seemed that he can tell his bizarre stories for eternity, but an hour has passed, I grabbed Cylissa and we quickly reached the said location.

The man wasn't alone at the house. He introduced himself as Tamzim, and his little apprentice' name was Isa. Tamzim told me that he is aware of the Bregan incident, but he promised to give me a second chance. My answer was no, I don't want to have anything in common with that organisation! Isa said that she was in the same situation, and this is how she lost her finger. This was obvious that this meeting is not about apologies and charity, so Tamzim went straight to the business. He wants me to investigate a recent death of a Bregan member at the surface. I am not doing such work now, but before I could refuse Tamzim made an offer I wasn't able to resist...

He claimed that he will make Imyvor Vesche, the conjuror of Bregan D'aerthe, bring his sincere apologies to me! As I said, my ties with Bregan are over, but seeing this powerful drow kneeling before me... Cylissa was concerned, she said that I am getting myself into more troubles, but I didn't listen! That man in white robes shall answer for what he has done to me! Yes, it was a deal...

Later we were sitting by the campfire, Mill passed by, he was looking like a ghost and ignored us. I understood what happened, I followed him to Baldur's Gate and tried to apologise, but he didn't want to speak to us. That's right, my dear dummy Cylissa told him to wait at the empty theater just for a minute! Of course we were unable to come! I was angry at them both at the same time, I told Cylissa about that, and she sent him a sending that she wants to meet him at the Friendly Arm.

We arrived shortly, but what we have seen surprised us. The area reminded of a slaughter house! It was all covered in corpses, most of them belonged to the black orcs! It looks like there was the second attack today. I have heard that orcs gave Friendly Arm Inn three moons before it would be erased... Well, that's what they think!

Mill was here, it seems that he took part in the fight, he still didn't want to talk to us! I am a well known master of pissing people off, not making peace! But Mill meant something to me, something close to what people call friends... It was a long and exhausting talk, but I tried my best, and by the night we were sitting at the Friendly Arm hall alltogether, drinking and sharing stories.

Suddenly, I overheard two dwarves and an elf discussing Elspeth. I have blatantly interrupted their conversation and asked about details. Dwarves were angry at me, but I still got the infromation! Looks like our favorite bard has finally got what she deserves. Flaming Fists were after her after the recent incident with bodies infested with oozies... I understood that I must investigate it! Cylissa and Mill accomapanied me to Baldur's Gate to help me with that!

As for the side I will take in this story... the time would tell.

Known as:

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:04 pm 

The investigation.

9th of Tarsakh

The day has started with curious news. Mill told me that a man called Tamzim tried to hire him in order to spy on me and he refused. What kind of game is this man playing? It doesn't mean that I don't want to see Vesche kneeling though, I'd just be more careful now. We were joined by two weird persons this evening — a bald sulfur-smelling man in red robes, who is not-a-red-wizard, obviously recruiting people to his religious sect, and a young arrogant wytchlaran who has just arrived at the coast. The man promised to restore Mill's eye, he also hinted that he knows much about me. Mill has left soon, but my day has only begun.

The time has come to investigate the recent incident. It was a late evening when me and Cylissa entered Ilmater's temple. We have encountered a rude officer who wasn't eager to answer our questions. All we were able to learn is that two nasty creatures have escaped — ooze to the sewers, and Elspeth from the justice.

I was enraged when we left the temple! The bitch has brought infested corpses to the city, several people have died because of her, the monster is roaming the sewers, and now she is under Duke's protection! What the hell is wrong with this world?! Before I could continue my rant, the door has opened, and we were joined by an unremarkable man who was listening to our conversation inside the church. He introduced himself as Gideon and suggested us to talk in private.

He led us to the room in the Elfsong tavern and started his speech. Gideon claims that the slime infestation wasn't a coincidence. He says that it was a weapon. Someone infused the merchant with deadly infection, it was growing inside until it emerged as a horrifying ooze and killed everyone around. Before I could ask more questions, I have heard a suspicious whisper of wind... It feels like we are followed, again! I opened the door and started sniffing around, trying to locate this sneaky rat! But when I returned to the room, the gues was already sitting at my chair.

It was an imp! I pointed at it, but Cylissa and Gideon kept pretending that they don't understand what I am talking about! Meanwhile the imp approached and started whispering right into my ear.

"She has wronged you, you must kill her. That is justice."
"What?.."
"Take your revenge, do what is necessary. You would be a hero, kill her."
"I... It is not like that! I won't kill her!"
"But you must! She has wronged you, pained you! You would be a hero!"
"Stop talking the bullshit, Imp! Murder is not a way out!"

The creature has vanished before I could finish my last phrase. Cylissa and Gideon were staring at me like I am mad, and I didn't respond. I just crumbled to the chair and we continued our talk. Was it an illusion? If not, why noone has seen it? Who is that Gideon and why does he look so suspicious? This is another shady business I guess, but I can't quit now.

This night we decided to spend at one of the abandoned houses of Baldur's Gate. I was doing truly unnatural thing to Cylissa, she tried to resist, tried to stop me, she begged for help, but I was merciless to her... That is right — I was teching her how to read. She is making a quick progress in it, she still doesn't understand why does she need it, but I guess she would thank me later.

Known as:

Last edited by KOPOJIbPAKOB on Thu May 03, 2018 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:55 pm 

On the other side.

10th of Tarsakh

Cylissa had stopped me in the middle of the street and dragged into this conversation. Kitsy, an arrogant nasty goat-girl, was ordering food at the Elfsong Inn veranda. She was there when an incident with oozies occured. She confessed that she has pillaged some gold from the corpses, but obviously she is hiding much! I didn't like her. Cute childish expression and exagerrated silliness — the perfect liar. I hinted Kit that I suspect her, she raised her sarcastic shield in response and even promised to surrender herself to the guards...

We were interrupted though. A wealthy gnome has joined us with his small company. He introduced himself as Fluazifdopdibbledotpps... whatever, I just call him Fluzzy. So, Fluzzy said that he is a famous adventurer and treasure hunter, and right now he is gathering a treasure raid on his personal ship. Yes, he was recruiting adventurers to his team, this hadn't raised even a slightest interest in me, but there is a nuance here.

The second mate of the ship is Gideon. He was just standing behind Fluzzy's back and cunningly smiling. What is this man plotting now? I am sure that this man has prepared something sinister, and I was eager to find this out. You want to play this game, Gideon? So be it! I left Baldur's Gate only to return with a crowd of potentional crew members ten minutes later. Fluzzy was surprised to see such interest to his raid, he claimed that his ship sails away in two days, so we have plenty of time for preparation.

Despite all the fuss around me, I felt myself apathetic that day. I used to strive for every single hunk of bread in my dark past, but now I simply don't know what to do with all my endless bags of gold. I used to be a generic weak girl with no special talents, but now I can challenge almostly every possible foe. I used to suffer from my dreadful curse, but now I have turned it into the power beyond measure, and I feel like this power has reached its pinnacle. What is my purpose now?

Today we were venturing to Rockrun in order to sell Cylissa's gems... yes-yes, like all those disrespectful adventurers I was mad at before. Cylissa was irritated by my mood, Mill didn't get it aswell. Our quarrel has reached its peak at the abandoned duergar mines, Cylissa said she is going to leave, I grabbed her hand and stopped her. She yelled at me, she asked what am I going to do now, teleport them to the Underdark? And you know what?! She had it coming!

A blinding flash, and few seconds after we found ourselves stanind between some weird houses in the pitch black dungeon. Before they could realise what is going on, I put a closed hood on at Cylissa and told them both to be quiet and don't attract the unnecessary attention. My companions were shocked by what they had seen, they looked like they had arrived to another world, and I can't really say they are wrong...

They both are relatively safe here as long as they behave modestly and don't poke their nose where they should not, but despite this I was in a hurry. There was a huge risk to meet my "friends", and it obviously happened. R'ju was already standing in two dozen feet from us, I tried to pretend that I didn't notice him, but he kept smiling and writing something down into his ledger. Damn it! It looks like our time is short. After R'ju made his leave, I told my companions that we are going to leave, but I had seen a childish interest in their eyes in response. With a deep sighs, I had started a tour around Sshamath and its surroundings.

I showed them the duergar forge, the Darkwood district, Nau'klar, mushroom forest, Sshamath ghetto, Bugbear shop... In these moments I pity them. Their eyes don't allow them to see all the beauty and grace of this place. We ended this trip at the Spider Kiss' bathroom. Yes, that very place where I had recieved most of my wounds. I have told them this story while sitting in the warm water with a bottle of fungus wine in my hand. We were risking much, but it was too late to turn back.

By the night we made it safely to the surface. The word is already spread and I guess we would have a company next time we visit it. The trick is there won't be the next time...

Known as:

Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:33 pm 

Laugh while you can.

12th of Tarsakh
Morning and night

The day has started with a private talk with Tamzim. It feels like Elspeth has become so lazy now that she hired him to spy on me instead of doing it herself like in old good times. He said that he refused, I don't mind him thinking that I believe it. He has also brought two important news. First is that Vesche agreed, and I will meet him again in two days, probably for the last time... The second is about Bran. It feels like this animal has declared a war against Rannia, and now there are forces gathering against him.

Mill has reported me about the first participants of this "crusade". Ren and his friend — Abaghgaghshighshashi... I just call him Red. I've seen Red many times, but was able to talk to him only once when he asked me and Cylissa to help him in his Haunted mansions assault. A very sly type, he was hinting about how few friends I have and that perhaps I would better leave the coast. A red-faced tiefling fighting in a company of celestial slaves and intentionally hurting himself while weaving his spells... Couldn't be shadier, really. He and Ren make a charming couple.

But today I was finally able to meet Bran, and after this meeting I am ready to group up against him even with jerks like Ren and Red. Arrogant and narcissistic, still unpunished, he was sincerely enjoying his status of notorious villain. He was laughing at me at first, I told him to shut his mouth, he promised to kill me again unless I leave. Laugh while you can, Bran. Your defeat is a matter of short time.

During my sea trip I had recieved a sending from Rannia, she suggested us to talk. Although I was late for several hours, she was still there. Me, Cylissa and Mill joined her by the table, she ordered some mead and we started our conversation.

She claimed that the rumors are false and she is not taking any part in the gathering crusade. I told her that Bran must be stopped at all costs, but she didn't want to do anything about it, she just said that she would accept whatever destiny awaits her. I wasn't able to change her mind, she is just like all the other people around — they won't move a finger until that maniac will carve their own hearts out! Later we were joined by Adallan — Rannia's husband. He said he is not taking any part in this conflict simply because he doesn't see any threat in Bran, but he failed to hide the anger filling his voice. As for Mill, I am feeling that he supports those thugs! I know, they are his kin, but this is a very poor excuse for justifying criminals!

Later this night another company walked into the Inn. Three shady figures with their faces covered, Rannia understood immediately that we are dealing with drow. They weren't hostile though, they just moved to the far corner and started their suspicous talk. Rannia and Adallan left the Inn, I was about to crumble to the floor due to lack of sleep, but it would have been impolite to ignore the old friends...

I sniffed the air around newcomers, and there was atleast one familiar scent. R'ju chuckled and removed his mask... just to reveal another.
"Making new friends I see?" — he asked me curiously.

It feels like so much time has passed. I feel that I have spent whole my life with Cylissa, although we are acquainted for merely couple of months. Even before I met her I was trading with R'ju, I spent most of my time down there, and now it is just another piece of my dark past. Cylissa recognized him and started asking her blunt questions about who is Vesche and why didn't R'ju gre—

[The text wasn't finished and probably would never be]

Known as:

Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:50 pm 

Anchors away!

12th of Tarsakh
Noon

The time of departure has come, and we nearly missed the ship! Me, Cylissa, Mill, Kitsy, Lydia the bard and Laeria the reclusive shady elf — this dream team was ready to claim all the treasures of this world! Mill was making Fluzzy mad with his jokes, Lydia had a strong nausea, I was slowly sipping fungus wine struggling with my passion to push Kitsy overboard, it was a good day indeed. We even had a pirate attack, but we quickly dispatched those thugs suffering no casualties!

Finally, we have reached the lone desert island. No lifeforms, no traces of any civilization, only swarms of undead roaming the sands. Gideon sent us to find a dark cave, and it didn't take long with Mill as a scout. Suddenly oozies emerged from the deeps of the cave, it was a sign for me. I knew that this trip is somehow related to the ooze indcident, and it feels like I am about to find the link.

The stench was unbearable inside the cave, all the surfaces were covered in nasty goo! Oozies seemed endless, my sword could do nothing against them, but I have found a surprising solution. Yes, I still had my devastating frying pan with me, and the time has come to unleash its tremendous power! My pan was smashing them with no mercy, we have nearly lost Lydia in battle, the deeper we ventured the bigger oozies we met, and finally we encountered a giant slime the size of a house! Battle was tough, in the end we were all covered in stinky goo, but here we are, standing in the middle of the treasury, and all the gold is ours!

Treasury looked suspicous though. It was the only room not touched by slimes, as if they were guarding the treasures, not just purposelessly residing in the cave. Laeria and Mill noticed that the chests weren't ancient at all, in fact they had fresh trading marks of Baldur's Gate! Something is really weird here, and it was the moment when I heard footsteps...

Fluzzy and Gideon came in, I was expecting them to ambush us, but in fact they congratulated us on our accomplishment. There was something shady though. We started asking them questions, but they had no idea what were we talking about. I feel like they are lying, I blocked the way out and demanded the answers, Fluzzy was scared and didn't know what to say, but Gideon just smirked to my face. We could tie them both and interrogate, but noone has supported me! Those weakling were too tired, and I had nothing to do but to let them all go.

The ship full of treasures was sailing back to Baldur's Gate. Gideon is certainly hiding something, he catched my distrustful gaze and nodded. He said that he could reveal something about the place we have been in... for a certain price. Cylissa stepped in and payed the said ammount, she had a private talk with him shortly after. She promised to tell me later, and I am looking forward to it.

By the evening we have successfully landed at Baldur's Gate harbob. I was drinking all the way back, I was getting drunk and sober over and over, again and again, and right now I felt so bad that I was eager to die instead. But I had recieved a sending from Rannia, and instead of deserved rest I made my way to Soubar by the night...

Known as:

Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:06 pm 

Lost.

14th of Tarsakh

Yesterday I woke up at the Winding Way Inn. Upon walking downstairs I rubbed my eyes, then again and again, I couldn't believe that I am not sleeping. Imyvor Vesche himself was having drinks in a company of other drow incuding Keeshe. I was caught flat-footed by this coincidence and simply greeted the company. In response, Vesche politely offered me to join them. The conjurer acted like an indulgent noble who decided to nonchalantly talk with simple people to diversify his boring high society life. I didn't believe his peaceful intents though. For me he is the same bloodthirsty tyrant who ordered to cut my tail off for his mere entertainment.

Cylissa joined me later, and she was welcome by the table aswell, even despite her statements about "all drow are savages". Vesche was amused by the whole situation, he was having fun sharing drinks with me, Cylissa and his drow companions. He even hinted that he could give me the second chance, but there is only one thing I have come here for — his apologies. He was switching topics over and over every time I tried to demand them, and when he demanded apologies from me instead I understood how naive I was. The conversation was over, my relations with Bregan D'aerthe too.

At the tradeway not far from Friendly Arm Inn I've met Oth and Dove, they were scared to come any closer to the campfire, and I guessed the reason immediately. Bran was there once again, this maniac still terrorises the lands, and instead of gathering together and defeating him those cowardly weakling decided to run away! I was enraged by this, I came to Bran and threatened him again, he was pretending that he doesn't care, but he wasn't as confident as before. He said something to Tamzim, the scout approached me and whispered:
"Gave me fifty bags to ask ya to leave... Give ya half and act like.. I threatened ya or some such?"
Amused smile appeared at my face. I refused to take the gold. I had just recieved a sending and was leaving either way.

At the abandoned little mine to the south, the second time. I have met Zoop, the shady halfling who asked me in the past to help him find someone called "Micar Mozzrym". In exchange, I asked him to find anything related to the murder near the Ebon Blades keep. Unfortunately, Zoop appeared to be the worst detective I have ever seen, but this meeting wasn't for naught. He said that he represents the Coven of Darkness. He asked me about my problems with Bran, and after hearing the story he declared that he has plans for him. It was a pleasure to hear, looking forward to the day when these "plans" will come true...

Long time ago me and Cylissa were raiding Durlag's Tower. Today she came to me and said that she recieved an information from some dwarf regarding a secret entrance to the third level hidden behind a curtain. No time to waste, I have immediately packed my scrolls and we started our march! Upon leaving the Inn we have met Ting Ping, and we have started out favorite game called "Find the sneaky elf". Ting loves running around sneaking behind people's backs, and I am catching her with my supernatural scent. Today though we have gone even further, she asked us to join our raid, and we weren't really against it. I have read a teleportation scroll, and few seconds later the Tower was in just a mile away.

Something suspicious was going on. Firstly, we noticed a pile of different garbage dropped on the road, as if someone has pillaged Friendly Arm's donation crate. Among the litter, we found a weird threatening poster about how we should fear Bhaal, another note mentioned a man called Exordius V'raas. Later we encountered an ambush... or something looking like it.

Two cocky men were standing at the hill with brazen expressions. The first one, an ugly thug with a sack on his head, kept calling us "wenches", the second one, a nasty elf in green hood, was trying to provoke a fight over and over. Then suddenly Thedran Asen showed up and promised to feed us to crocodiles if we attacks those fools... I had no idea what was this freak show about, I was trying my best to avoid their provocations and avoid the conflict. I have come here to find out what hides in the deeps of Durlag's Tower, not to entertain some lunatics...

Despite the fact that Ting has unexpectedly left us, the first two levels weren't a challenge. We were already prepared for all the possible foes, traps and secret doors couldn't stop us aswell. We reached that very curtain. A an exact copy of the fake stairs down was hiding behind. Whoever built this tower was certainly having fun...

The third level wasn't as big as previous, although we were caught by suprise and nearly killed by a group of dire skeletons in the chamber looking like sewers. There were four strange rooms, each of them hid a challenge related to a certain element — water, fire, earth and air respectively. The first time we stepped in we almostly dissolved by incredibly powerful slimes! Taking a deep breath, I placed more powerful wards and explained my simple plan to Cylissa — she smashes while I suffer. This sceheme worked perfectly, slimes, giant white bear, living tornado, burning archer — none of them was abl to stand against us! Among the treasure I found a greater restoration scroll that allowed me to life a horrifying curse bestowed by a skeleton mage, so we descended even lower below...

The temperature was growing the lower we descended. A ghostly apparition appeared infront of us, its silhouettes reminded me of a dwarf. The ghost spoke to us, and according to its words it was a spirit of Durlag himself! I wanted to know the history of this place, have the dwarves built it or conquered? Why was it built? What happened to this place? And if this is Durlag's spectre, who was that enigmatic figure at the second floor? Durlag's ghost gave us no answers, it was only mumbling something about three paths. We searched through this level, half of it was looking like a dwarven keep with runic wards, another was a nasty cave filled with goo and mud. Not much of a valuables we found here, but there was another descent, even lower below...

Yes, we weren't going to stop. What we have seen wasn't a fifth level though, we found ourselves in a middle of a colossal cave, the high temperature was almostly unbearable even for me, rivers of lava were boiling beneath, they poisoned the air with toxic vapours. Holding the breathes, we ran from one island to another, fighting fire slamanders and demons who were crossing our path. This was the first time today when I felt an anxiety chaining my knees. I have spend a huge ammount of days in the Underdark, but I have never been this close to the abyss... We found ourselves trapped in the endless rocky mazes, but there was no way back, we must reach the final destination no matter the cost! We were exhausted by this moment, I had very few scrolls and potions remaining, I wasn't able to use my powers this day anymore, I desperately needed rest, but there was no place for it in this realm of fire and pain. Perhaps it would be best to turn back? I honestly thought that we reached the final destination, but then we saw a huge entrance leading even deeper...

I had no idea what to expect, my exhausted knees were trembling with awe, but I have decided to go till the end. We found ourselves standing in the sinister keep infested with salamanders and magma golems. I was hardly able to fight, but Cylissa felt even worse since the surrounding air was literally burning her elven skin. After another fight we found ourselves in a room with a huge magical orb. Before I could catch my breath, Cylissa foolishly touched to orb and disappeared! I was left alone in this damnable fiery fortress, and I had nothing to do but repeat her idiotic move.

I was teleported to the same place as her. In fact, it feels like there was no teleportation at all. The sphere has distorted the world around us. Insted of devastating heat I felt a grave chill stroking my skin. The world has become so dark that I hardly could see a thing with my trained eyes. No salamanders, to fiery golems, no demons. The place looked so hollow, but then we were attacked! "A shadow appeared out of shadow" — I couldn't describe it better. A tall figure that was blacker than the surrounding darkness was trying to consume out very existence. We tried to flee, but fell into the shadow trap and were thrown to another part of this mad maze. We have desperately opened the closest door and there was a pitch black portal in it. We stepped in.

The world has changed again, unbearable heat burns us now. No more shadows around, but once we opened a door we were ambushed by salamanders! We were running around this gargantuan maze like witless kids, more and more shadow portals were opening around us, we stepped in and out, the world has changed so many times that we have completely lost any ties with the reality. I was in panic, completely out of breath. It was over.

I am writing these last words with my shaking hand, barricaded in a narrow chamber in a shadow world. Cylissa holds the door using the last power she has. As for me, this pen is the heaviest thing I am able to lift now. We are meeting the end together, my dear, as you promised me. I have really doomed you as many people warned you. I see the despair in your beautiful eyes, and all I can do is to hold your hand tighter, preparing to finally step into the better world with you.

Forgive me, my love.

Known as:

Last edited by KOPOJIbPAKOB on Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:24 pm 

Trapped in the shadow world.

15th or 16th of Tarsakh

We have bought ourselves little time and now our death will wait a bit longer, but it is still inexorable. Creatures are swarming outside, but they can't breach through reinforced magical doors. We are trapped inside this hollow dark chamber, whispers are piercing our heads, but at least we have some time to recover from damage we recieved.

It felt like the flow of time has stopped in this creepy room. This was the end. Noone would ever save us here. Even if we won't be attacked, the famine would kill us instead. We have no food nor water with us, the end will be painful. We had spent several hours in this cold room, nothing has changed here. I need something to do, this bore destroys me!

While searching through our bags, Cylissa eventually found her old contact medallion. It was almostly out of charges, but we had to try every possibility! Cylissa wasted all the charges trying to reach anyone she knew. We didn't know if the sending can reach the surface from these tremendous deeps, from the veil of shadows. We have lost all the hope, but then Cylissa has suddenly recieved a response.

A group of adventurers, including Laeria and Kitsy, has tried to rescue us. No idea how far were they able to descend, but several hours later Cylissa has recieved troublesome news. After having several casuailties, the group has retreated. The next day another group gathered by Rannia and Dove has tried their luck. As I understood from the sendings, they were more powerful than the previous group... but they have turned back. The excuse was very silly — they have suddenly realised that we are allegedly ambushing them in a company of drow... They would have better told honestly that they don't care about us.

How much time have we spent here? Day? Two? Week? I am starting to lose my mind, the hunger and exhaustion are clouding my eyes, the thirst was so unbearable that I have pierced Cylissa's arm with my sharp teeth, I was drinking her blood until I regained my sanity, and then I was horrified by my deed. How long would we be able to survive in this madness?!

Known as:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next