12/96
Last counter update:
2018-04-25 10:36:35

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Dasha's journal.
Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:24 pm 

The final rush.

16th of Tarsakh

The whispers are becoming unbearable! We are sleeping in turns with Cyissa, and this saved our lives. On Cylissa's watch one of the creatures has breached through the barrier and attacked us, we were lucky to survive that attack. How long can we last?

After several more hours one of the people we have sent sending to has responded. It was Tamzim. He asked us about details of our exact location. Using the last charges left in the amulet, I told him as much as I could. It was foolish to rely on others, there were two expeditions before after all — they both didn't make it. But a tenuous spark is still dancing somewhere inside of me now, we can't lose hope! We won't give up until our hearts stop pumping blood! My mood was changing again and again, from deep despair to telling silly rashemi anecdotes.

Suddenly I have heard a commotion behind the sealed door. Something was going on outside, a burst of life has slipped into this realm of darkness and decay. I put my ear to the door and started listening. Someone was using material weapons, this might be our saviour! I started smashing the obsidian door with my bare fists, I kept making the noise using the last efforts I had, I ripped my knuckles to blood but I kept doing this over and over, they must hear us!

I was hearing noise here and there outside, the battle lasted for dozens of minutes, but it seems like they weren't able to find us! I have finally sat down, rubbing my wounded knuckles and heavily breathing. There was no use.

"Dasha... We need to do something or they will leave us behind!" — Cylissa said.

She was obviously right... We can't give up now! I have warded us with my wands and remaning scroll and we have stepped through the shadow portal into the real world. We were lucky that the coridor was empty, but the heat was still burning us, especially Cylissa. I was slowly starting to panic, I was trying to shout out louid so I would be noticed.
"DASHA?!" — I have heard a sudden response.
I couldn't believe it! Few more minutes, and he is standing infront of me! I rushed forth and hugged Tamzim tightly, he said that there is no time for this and that we have troubles. He has come here with two companions — Ronja and Athana. They decided to split up and now Ronja and Athana are lost somewhere in the darkness. We didn't have much choice, we are either leaving this place alltogether — or dying here alltogether aswell.

My memories are fragmented since that moment, was it due to Tymora's favor or Tamzim's scouting skills, but in the end we have found the lost companions, we were tending our wounds in the dark room, preparing for the final rush. I was a burden for the group, but even despite this they were succesfully making their way to the freedom! Our spirits raised high, at some moment we felt like nothing could stop us... This was the same moment Tamzim made his first, but fatal mistake. In the rush of battle he didn't notice the deadly trap and stepped into it. A ray of devastating energy has struck his face, he tried to evade it, but the damage was irreversible. With deep concern, Ronja was bandaging his eye... or whatever remained of it. I felt so guily for what happened to him, but he told us not to worry about it. We have regrouped before opening the last door in this cursed keep.

At last! We have left the cursed castle and found ourselves in some forgotten Underdark mines. This place felt familiar to me, I had had only one teleportation scroll remaining. I concentrated and read it... Gathering my last forces, I have teleported us as far as I could. The surface was relatively close from those forgotten duergar mines. Several more hours of exhausting walk, and we are finally here, breathing the fresh forest air.

We have victoriously arrived to Baldur's Gate by the night. Athana left us at the city gates, and Ronja led the remaining group to the Tempus temple. Tamzim's condition was troublesome, but his life is in reliable hands now, we left him there in a custody of temple healers. I hope he would be alright. Ronja bade us farewell and said she was glad to help us.

I have spent this night with Cylissa in a hall of the first tavern we found, we were greedily eating and drinking with no end. She has recieved a sending from Dove and sent an angry response, stating that "And It seems random adventurers who I never met cared more about me than people who I thought were my friends". I told her not to be an arse. The trouble we have got ourselves into was truly horrifying, and even the most powerful people of this world are risking much by trying to venture that deep. Dove later responded that some people are unhappy because of our return. Well, these people are free to kiss my butt then, I am here, back again!

Honestly, Tamzim's deed can't leave my head. Why did he do this? Why did this mercenary selflessly risked his life for us while so-called "heroes" had retreated because of pathetic excuses? I am afraid that his noble deed will only make the situation worse. People are cruel, and I am aware of the accusations they will throw regarding of this. There is another thing though, much more troublesome. I remember that moment quite well, when I pierced Cylissa's arm with my sharp teeth... I liked it. Let us hope that this won't turn into my new addiction...

Currently active:
Dasha — Smuggler, troublemaker, grandmaster of losing duels
Alkor Deezelisk — Notorious spellcaster from Amn (Dead?)

Please don't metagame my journals.

Post subject: Re: Dasha's journal.
Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:16 pm 

Hypocrisy.

19th of Tarsakh

We have changed.

I am still recovering from my imprisonment in the shadow world. After all the things we have survived down there I feel much weaker, and Cylissa feels the same way. I thought that this was a temporary aftermath, but several days have passed, and I don't feel myself any better. The feel is as if like part of us was left in the shadow realm, as we have lost our strengthes and experience. My poor Cylissa has suffered even more from this. Yes, I am much weaker now, but I still have the feral spirit inside of me to protect me, Cylissa doesn't have such. She used to rely on her brute force she doesn't posses now... I see the only solution for her — to begin it from the start, to find others talents she can rely on. It would be a long path, my dear, but we shall walk it till the end or perish!

Today I have decided to take a walk to the Eastern farmlands campfire — a truly revolting place that constantly attracts quarrels and conflicts. This day wasn't an exception. I was aware that some people are unhappy about our return, but didn't expect this be this... ridicolous. Isabella and Rannia have suddenly started accusing me of allying and consorting with drow and even threatened to report to the Flaming Fists about that. They obviously had absolutely no evidences of such, so they started zealously pointing at my bottle of fungus wine and telling that this is the proof of my guilt. To be honest, I am still trying to find the link between consuming exotic drinks and being an ally of a certain group of drow. I was too exhausted to yell at anyone that morning, and it only made these women angrier and their arguments about fungus wine more silly. Isabella demanded me to stop drinking it, and this was the moment when I became enraged! Even the gods themselves can't forbid me drinking the glorious nectar of gods called fungus wine! Unable to listen to that nonsense anymore, I left them soon. Being honest is the worst crime at the Coast...

I don't remember how it happened, but I was lying at another bench near another campfire in a company of Mill. Bran was standing infront of me with a sword in his hand. This wasn't a dream, but I didn't really feel anything about it today. After seeing my apathy, he sheathed his weapon and started his nonchalant conversation with Mill. Should I forgive a murderer of me the second time? More people were gathering, Msciwoj aswell. Tensions were growing in the air, Bran told something to Msciwoj in rashemi and they slowly started leaving. I am not good at speaking rashemi, but if I am not mistaken he said "Lets leave before I slaughter them".

More and more people started gathering around. An old grumpy dwarf called Gren followed them. I thought that he tries to befriend them or something, I wasn't surprised to see behaviour like that from a dwarf. Then I heard this priest of Muradin using spells... and then the fight has begun! Those rashemi thugs started smashing the old dwarf and finally taken him down! This commotion has attracted a truly tremendous crowd. Dove, a priestess of Eldath, tried to tend Gren's wounds, but Msciwoj was truly loyal to his style and struck and unarmed woman in a dress down with his greatsword. These butchers have completely lost their minds because of their long-lasting impunity.

I wasn't able to defeat Bran back then, I have less chances now with my devastating weakness and Msciwoj at his side. But they must be stopped now! I started calling to people and telling them to unite and strike as one, but those cowards were just shaking like sheeps pathetically awaiting their end. Those thugs didn't want to stop, they walked through the crowd looking for new victims, and I guess they will slaughter this humble crowd one by one...

Suddenly an old man in robes approached and ordered them to stop. Obviously, these rashemi reacted as animals they are — they tried to attack him. The man turned out to be a powerful mage. Everything happened so quick. Some spell has caught Msciwoj in a magical prison — was it mage or Bran himself — and then Bran cowardly teleported them both out. That man alone was able to stop the slaughter while the crowd full of weaklings was shaking. I won't be surprised to see them talking to Bran by the campfire the next day though. Everyones has finally seen the true faces of these rashemi villains, even Mill didn't support them in what they have done. I might understand attacking a mouthy old dwarf, but a defenseless priestess of Eldath?!

I was thinking about Isabella at that moment of time. I remember her speaking to Bran after he murdered me like he was her old friend long time ago, I remember her accusing me of numerous crimes because of a bottle of fungus wine. When I compare these two events I see the most clear picture of something called hypocrisy. Meanwhile, the crowd has attracted some more decisive people. They were gathering a raid to catch the rashemi thugs. Me and Cylissa weren't in a condition to fight, but we have decided to follow. Unfortunately, it was too late to trace the teleport, so Tamzim has contacted Sirion using his medalion and asked him to scry. A response has arrived shortly. The angry crowd started the march to the north.

Unfortunately, we weren't able to find Bran and Msciwoj. We searched through Soubar's surrounding and even through the fiery mountains. No traces. The raid reminded me of a treasure hunt disguised as a holy mission. Nevertheless, everyone was tired so we decided to return to Soubar. We have encountered a surprise though. Soubar was on fire that evening... literally. A huge devastating flames were scorching the earth behind the Winding Way Inn. Blood, ashes and a troupe of actors who kept giving us different versions of events. I approached the closes puddle of blood and glided my finger through it. My pulse has increased, I felt so thirsty, and the blood was so fresh... I licked it, the taste was delicious at first, but then I felt a revolting slimy aftertaste... Damn it! I sniffed the blood more carefully and it was obvious — the weaponized slimes were involved!

After torturous conversation with actors we have finally figured out what happened. Two mages attacked Mag using the weaponized slimes and then they teleported away. We were able to trace the teleport — it led to Baldur's Gate. After following them, we occasionally met Gideon. His sudden appearances at everything involving weaponized slimes are getting annoying, we offered some information to us for several bags. Luckily, we had a rich blonde lad named Nathan who agreed to pay. I don't remember what were they talking about. Perhaps they learned something important — perhaps not. As I know, they had continued their investigation. I was too exhausted to join, my weakness after the shadow realm imprisonment didn't help either. I called it a day and crumbled to the bed of the first Inn room I have found.

Currently active:
Dasha — Smuggler, troublemaker, grandmaster of losing duels
Alkor Deezelisk — Notorious spellcaster from Amn (Dead?)

Please don't metagame my journals.