Polymorph/shapechange bugs

Any Issues or Bugs Should Be Posted in Their Respective Categories

Moderators: Moderator, Associate Dev, Quality Control, DM

Valefort
Lead Programmer

Re: Polymorph/shapechange bugs

Unread post by Valefort » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:42 pm

I don't think there is a fix for spontaneous spellcasters with races with bonuses to casting stat, the skin already adds everything to give you the proper INT/CHA/WIS.
Mealir Ostirel - Incorrigible swashbuckler

Slunko

Unread post by Slunko » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:48 pm

Ah well. At least there's finallity to it, so I can start planning around a RCR finally.

Thanks.

Also, I think it would be nice to post that as a disclaimer on the relevant wikia pages or some such.
Galean, Rock and Gale Enterprises
Goth Dar'gul Eye of Ruin
Remus the Marauding Malarite

ZestyDragon

Unread post by ZestyDragon » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:13 pm

Valefort wrote:I don't think there is a fix for spontaneous spellcasters with races with bonuses to casting stat, the skin already adds everything to give you the proper INT/CHA/WIS.
If x race add x stat at +6 for a second until the stats on the skin take effect.

Steve
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Steve » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:33 am

Okay, I want to get the final FINAL word on this:

1) any Spontaneous Casters (ex. Sorcerer) that have a Racial modifier (ex. Aasimar +2 CHA) will lose ANY bonus spells from the innate ability modifier (+2 CHA) when using Polymorph/Shapechange...and this cannot be fixed.

2) any Spontaneous Casters (ex. Sorcerer) that has Items with Bonus Spells (any Level) will lose those Bonus Spell castings EACH TIME shifting using Polymorph/Shapechange...and this cannot be fixed.

In both issues above, each time a PC shifts with either or both (!) and returns to normal form, there will be a subtraction of Castings per Day until reaching Zero (in the appropriate Spell Level).

I would like to get as much as a final word on this as possible in order to update the Wiki on the Polymorphing page—give a Warning—and on the Spell(s) pages.

Cheers.
Balthomer wrote: Steve you are a genius and an RPG hero.
Storybuilding

|> Henryk UrdeSword of Justice
|> Simsae OrcslayerStonesinger of the Telormar Gultor & citizen of the Kingdom of Kraak Helzak
|> Preceptor Phasorin ZauPurification through Fire

Steve
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Steve » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:47 am

*bump on my previous post, thanks*
Storybuilding

|> Simsae OrcslayerStonesinger of the Telormar Gultor & citizen of the Kingdom of Kraak Helzak

darwin.evenwood

Unread post by darwin.evenwood » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:00 pm

Hello everyone,

are there any news on this? i have just rcr'd a sorcerer/dragon disciple to get a cool shifter copying a Sun Wukong's build (thanks), but always losing spell slots when shifting.

Is there any way to have it fixed or should i rcr again now that is 100% granted?

thanks!

Steve
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Steve » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:52 pm

The latest word on this issue is there are likely a way or ways to fix the issue, but it requires Valefort or another scripting wizard to make a go of it. Which is still no guarantee, either way.
Storybuilding