Server Address: game.bgtscc.net
10/96
Last counter update:
2018-04-25 10:44:24

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Incoming Orc Attack on FAI
Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:51 am 

After a grueling fight with orcs in front of the Friendly Arms Inn which resulted in many deaths on both sides, Mellenip staggers to the post board inside the FAI gatehouse and places a note for everyone to see.

There has been a green skin attack in front of the Friendly Arms Inn! The one that seemed to be their leader said they will return in three moons' time! Any adventurers willing and able to help defend will be needed!

((This is a DM event being run by Loon. I'm not sure of the specific time it's supposed to happen. 3 days, 3 weeks, 3 months from now? I'll update when I know more.

Last edited by Chronatosis on Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Incoming Orc Attack on FAI
Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:34 am 

After encountering a lady at FAI and discussing what's transpired, Mellenip travels to Baldur's Gate, Nashkel, and Beregost and posts a copy of the note on their respective notice boards in hopes of reaching more people.

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:31 pm 

Mellenip jots an extra little bit on the note she previously tacked up in the various places.

"The green skins are taking longer to gather forces than I thought! I'll investigate what a "moon" means to them and update when I know!"

((I plan to ask Loon when they will do the event next time I see them on. I promise I'll let you guys know when I find out.

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:56 pm 

Malign Ashmeddai reads the note.

"Mmmm, orcs. Nay very bright, these brood of orcs then." The tiefling tacks on his name and description. "I wonder who is prodding these orcs, or if they are just quite stupid?"

"Betrayer... In truth, it was I who was betrayed. Still, I am hunted. Still, I am hated." (Illidan Stormrage, The Frozen Throne)

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:03 pm 

A note is added anonymously:

These orcs sued for peace, and some bloodthirsty adventurer refused, killed many and then went to the orcs homes and murdered more of them. This war could have been averted.

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:28 pm 

niapet wrote:
A note is added anonymously:

These orcs sued for peace, and some bloodthirsty adventurer refused, killed many and then went to the orcs homes and murdered more of them. This war could have been averted.

A reply is left to that note, probably not an accident that the new one almost complete covers it.

They are orcs. The only reason they would sue for peace is to get better footing for an imminent war. They are nearly-unthinking beasts, and to treat them as people is folly.

It's signed Lauron Ivaranth.

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:47 pm 

Mellenip tacks an update to the previous post.

A green skin lured Exordius, Germa, and myself (Mellenip) into the Sharptooth caves. There we found some of their forces, shiny bits that could be their savings for siege materials, and a very crude sketch of the inn! I suspect we may have delayed the attack for now!