Languages

Suggestions Should Be Posted in Their Respective Categories

Moderators: Moderator, Associate Dev, Quality Control, DM

Vogar Eol
Recognized Donor

Languages

Unread post by Vogar Eol » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:17 pm

I realize we already have a lot of languages here on BGTSCC. This is true even if you count only the class, racial, and planar languages. Then we've added in many regional and local languages as well... but I see two needs for improvement.

Firstly, various MAIN Faerun dialects have been left out. "Easting" in particular encompasses the majority of the Raven's Bluff, Procampur, and The Vast. We have Damaran, which is a language of equal popularity to Easting, but no Easting nor one of it's sub dialects. I propose source material be used to compile a list of the major regional languages (even if sub-dialects are skipped).

Second, and lastly... I propose the UI language selection box be reorganized. This should be a simple alphabetical listing of our languages. That would prevent a need to hunt to select a language, and improve the player experience a bit.
Vogar Eol - Dwarf, "I likes pixie wine. It just be hard catching enough pixies to squeeze."

Rashal - Lady's Man, "What do you call a male elf? Pathetic, as it were."

gedweyignasia
Area Designer

Re: Languages

Unread post by gedweyignasia » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:20 am

The first item sounds like something to talk to the DMs about. The second thing is definitely doable. I'll forward that to Valefort.
Janet Deckert - "Don't be coy."
Aya Dreys - *ignores <character>*
(bios for all of my characters here)

gedweyignasia
Area Designer

Unread post by gedweyignasia » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:42 am

Valefort told me how to fix this. I'll try to get to it by Tuesday.

Vogar Eol
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Vogar Eol » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:11 pm

Thank you for looking into this so quickly. I'll make a list of languages and the source material for a DM team proposal this weekend.
Vogar Eol - Dwarf, "I likes pixie wine. It just be hard catching enough pixies to squeeze."

Rashal - Lady's Man, "What do you call a male elf? Pathetic, as it were."

gedweyignasia
Area Designer

Unread post by gedweyignasia » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:51 pm

OK, should be all set. Whenever the next update gets staged, all the languages should be in alphabetical order. If it's not, or if languages are all broken now and there's some kind of catastrophe, remember to blame Valefort. (I get the credit if it works, though.)