BGTSCC Discord BGTSCC IRC

Server Address: game.bgtscc.net
35/96
Last counter update:
2018-07-17 17:52:17



All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Solar Channeler
Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:24 pm
Posts: 1925
Location: California
metaquad4 wrote:
Drinking potions, using wands, etc. Are not little things. Item usage is one of the most powerful tactics in nwn2.

I'm unsure if its technically possible, but I shouldn't think we want to do it. That removes a shapeshifting character's big weakness (lack of item usage). And if its available for Solar, it would/should be availible for other sapient forms.

For the IC side: When you polymorph, your items are ICly merged into your new body (certain magical effects stay on you as per the rules of the kind of shapeshifting).


So this is bear warrior for paladins... Good lucky guys.. :lol:

_________________
Akurion Stormedge - "The Storm"
Druegar Grizzleclaw - The Mountain Ruin Tsar
Akroma Thuul - The Creepy Enchanter
Liliana Duskblade - The B*tch of Bane


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Solar Channeler
Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:01 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:16 am
Posts: 108
metaquad4 wrote:
spyvsspy wrote:
Talking about the polymorph effect Channel Solar, could you unlock the inventory sheet when polymorphing? I'm pretty sure it's possible technically. Though even you can open your inventory while polymorphed, you can only do a little things such like drinking potions. But it's better than nothing. And I think you can still drink when you shifted to a solar or some other human-like forms.


Drinking potions, using wands, etc. Are not little things. Item usage is one of the most powerful tactics in nwn2.

I'm unsure if its technically possible, but I shouldn't think we want to do it. That removes a shapeshifting character's big weakness (lack of item usage). And if its available for Solar, it would/should be availible for other sapient forms.

For the IC side: When you polymorph, your items are ICly merged into your new body (certain magical effects stay on you as per the rules of the kind of shapeshifting).


If you do nothing else but simply unlock the inventory sheet while polymorphing, you will find you can only drink potions. Wands, healing kits, scrolls, any other usable items are disabled just like NWN1.

And sure it can be implemented. I did the same thing before. From my opinion your equipments are merged, but you can put your backpack aside before polymorphing, if you are sure your new form can still shoulder it.

_________________
Tomoyo Sakagami - [Comic: CLANNAD] shadowless kick 99Hits!
Mikasa Arkerman - [Comic: Attack on Titan] three fighters, six blades
Hitagi Sanjougahara - [Comic: Story(series)] touch me if you wanna get hurt
Asuna Yuuki - [Comic: Sword Art Online] pleasedon't call me "Model Worker"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Solar Channeler
Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:49 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:28 am
Posts: 136
Young Werther wrote:
No adamantite weapons on this server. Also there exists a spell called greater sanctuary with makes the cleric untargetable by anything but AOE so they can buff freely if they time their spells to avoid grenades.


1. Even without adamantine in said example provided weapon, most DR remove 10 damage out of 20 to 30.

2. Sanctuary spells are buffs sooooo that does not change anything.

3. You can AOE the target, companion, yourself or ground near taget. If you can't lock onto the target, you can always do the other three mentioned.

Young Werther wrote:
Knock down is a problem which can lead to a UMD fight thus prolonging the engagement where a cleric has durational AOE effects to tax the WM and gain positioning advantages while regen ticks.


I will say it again PvP and to an extend PvE comes down to a melee character covering all their basis or in the case of a spellcaster, Spellcaster being pre-buffed and not germtting dispelled.

Quote:
A STR cleric on the other hand just has to buff up and win out melee, can also knockdown with more STR and still has full caster levels. No divine might needed.


My whole point was that a battle cleric is horrbile at spellcasting and turning undead unless they are a EDM build. My whole point OVERALL was that a lot of people including Sun Wukong here have a misconception of the cleric because they either don't know how to play or have exaggerate said abilities.

Clerics are not good generalist like Bards, but they have enough spells to cover a lot of bases. However it is their dependency on buffs and certain feat as well as over-specializations that makes them not as overpowered as people perceive them. So no reason to totally nerf them or their PrCs if you understand how they play. You can't just look at them from a pvp aspect.


Last edited by ARHicks00 on Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:39 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Solar Channeler
Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:01 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:28 am
Posts: 136
Sun Wukong wrote:
And what is this 'Death Knight' build of yours? Would you like to present it? I am asking simply because the chances are that it might work that well on this server.


http://nwn2db.com/build/?182397

I will get to rest later when i get off work. FYI i allowed this person to use old build a long time ago, but it is roughly like this build. He even provided a link to build i once had. <:D


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Solar Channeler
Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:42 pm
Posts: 685
Location: Azkaban
Bud, sanctuary/etherealness can be cast via scroll, rune or item. Check out hierophants abilities.

Caster levels insure a WM can't dispel any of the buffs a cleric casts. It's not attribute dependant.

And once again a cleric can dispel UMD effects including deathward and be immune to a majority of them via spell resistance. From there they can use UMD to gain things like greater stoneskin and a warrior dispelling those loses melee range if the cleric plays smart.

So they do have the higher ground in PvP and are immune to the WM's "burst" damage. That's the argument you started by saying a WM could burst a cleeic down. It's fake news, bud.

_________________
Jessie Neige - Cleric of Auril

Lockonnow wrote:
greatest fear like the movie Hellraiser they show you what you most fear and take a Image of IT


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Solar Channeler
Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:28 am
Posts: 136
Young Werther wrote:
Bud, sanctuary/etherealness can be cast via scroll, rune or item. Check out hierophants abilities.


Once again, how does this change the fact that sanctuary/etherealness are buffs or that you still AOE the person, even if not directly? Also see true seeing. I have gotten potions and scrolls with those buffs and mind you, the build in said example can exploit UMD.

In addition, dispel wands/scrolls and etherealness have a bug on it the requires you to cast in view.

Quote:
Caster levels insure a WM can't dispel any of the buffs a cleric casts. It's not attribute dependant.


Sanctuary is as it requires a will save (and a high save build has no problem with that), but Etherrealness isn't and again you have to be in the same area to use it as there is a bug on it. (Unless this server fixed it) Again, doesn't stop AOEs. SO UNLESS YOU COME PRE-BUFFED...

Quote:
And once again a cleric can dispel UMD effects including deathward and be immune to a majority of them via spell resistance.


So you can buff and dispel at the same time? I will say it again...spellcasters have to make sure they don't get dispelled and they are given a chance to pre-buff. <:D If you are dispelling me, you ain't buffing. And if you come pre-buff to a fight then it's a non-argument. Simple math.

Quote:
So they do have the higher ground in PvP and are immune to the WM's "burst" damage. That's the argument you started by saying a WM could burst a cleeic down. It's fake news, bud.


Nope, seeing above. In fact, your argument has gone into theorycraft territory. I will say it for the last time. UNLESS you come pre-buffed, no melee-character, nevermind a weapon master build, but any melee character would be insane to not attack you prior to you buffing or making any attempt to do maximum damage while you buff. Clerics have several buffs to put on themselves and melee character have multiple options for AOE grendades. <:D My Port of shadows mage-gish character (That I just posted) had to do deal with multiple stealth and invisibility, so yeah, I know what I am talking about when having to use AOE to smoke out a character.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Solar Channeler
Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:42 pm
Posts: 685
Location: Azkaban
I'm sorry that's greater sanctuary, level 9.

_________________
Jessie Neige - Cleric of Auril

Lockonnow wrote:
greatest fear like the movie Hellraiser they show you what you most fear and take a Image of IT


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Solar Channeler
Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:28 am
Posts: 136
Sun Wukong wrote:
The practised spellcaster glitch has been fixed on this server, and as for Kaedrin's content, only a small portion of it has been implemented. This server is its own entity.


First, I don't do backpedal so I don't even know why you had to emphasis this server. <:D

As every server is it's own entity, but as I said originally, I worked NWN2 wiki, not Baldur's Gate wiki. <:D So my analysis was done by in-game campaign and module-campaign testing, not server testing. Every server has their own readjustments. So the DC is I posted was just from perceptive of the original NWN2 content, not including any bugs or Kaedrin's content as I specified. What's so hard to understand about that. <:D

Additionally, tiefling and drow are not the most ideal races for a DC based cleric.

As I specified in my quote that I know you read. I said tiefling, aasimar, and drow. I never said specifically what classes they were good with and even tried to correct myself by noted that the mage part was mistake. However, using common sense and reasoning. We know which classes those races are good with and why using them is more ideal than just using any ol'race. I mean you wouldn't play an orc as a wizard (unless for rp giggles and fun) if you are trying to get maximized affect of a wizard. You would sooner play a drow or Tiefling since both get a +2 to Intelligence.

My point was...I knew what I was talking about in terms of NWN2, how the classes worked, and why people make exaggerations. <:D

Sun Wukong wrote:


I read and replied about friend. No need to get salty about it. <:D Again, if you read my earlier post, prior to this link, you would have understood where you insert your foot in your mouth. <:D In fact, the explanation is in the same response you posted.

Quote:
Previously you spoke of 'AVARAGE spellcasters' - I would be curious to hear about the source of your statistics. Because if you cannot present any, I am forced to presume that your numbers are merely the avarage between a gish and a DC build. As I said previously; this is an incorrect premise to work from.


Clerics you meet on average have a Strength between 14 to 32 (Average: 24), Wisdom 15-32 (Average: 24), and Charisma 10-22 (Average: 16). So your average cleric are between those numbers collectively. The most ideal cleric is one with Strength - 20, Wisdom - 20, and Charisma- 18 to 20 (Which is doable) aka the balance cleric. Such a cleric is looking at 40ish AB and less of a 50 AB. Damage is so-so. Now if you specialize, you are either a battle cleric (EDM build or Strength) at which point your DC suck and possibly your turning ability too OR you are cast cleric at which point you can be knocked down, weighed down, or out damaged in melee. If the person does enough damage melee wise to bypass your DR (assuming you get that off), they are still doing enough damage that it can be felt.

Quote:
As for overpowered cleric builds, I have a high wisdom DC-based cleric that currently does 38~ damage per hit in melee with a rather minor list buffs. It can also deal similar damage output in ranged combat. The character is currently at level 22 and additional levels will only increase the damage output, as would a more 'gishy' spell selection. What is worse, I could remake it as something much stronger by simply removing the 'role-play' handicaps when it came to spell, feat, and skill selection. This build of mine is a Rogue 3/Cleric 7/Darkfire Disciple 10/Hierophant 10.


If you buff yeah and if you meet another pure class battle cleric (Let's say an EDM), you or the enemy at hand is getting whacked for 8 strength bonus with bull's strength +16 holy damage with eagle's splendor + 1-8 morningstar for 25 to 32 and that's not even with all the buffs.

Weapon deals out 9 strength + 1-8 longsword for 10/30 to 17/51. (With no enchanted weapons) The only time he is in trouble is if he runs into a non-critical enemy. FROM A PVP standpoint, if he runs into a cleric who is pre-buffed, he is in trouble regardless of the build unless he UMDs or takes advantage of the buffing situation. Yes, you can DR and yes, you can make yourself non-critical, but the damage is going to be enough to bypass defenses or he can knock you down to make you less effective until your DR runs out.

From a PvE standpoint, the WM is quite good against a lot of the content outside of non-critical enemies and is more effective than a cleric in those situation where an enemy can be critical hit. And I'm not saying your build sucks. I'm saying Clerics cannot specialize in both. You just proved my point as build versus your average EDM build and WM will be outdamaged. Your build gets 38 and those builds burst for more just using mundane weapons with no real buffs.

THAT WAS MY WHOLE POINT AND ONE YOU TRIED TO EXAGGERATE. (Which again you proved my point <:D )

So verify again, a caster cleric is not good as a melee as a melee specialized class or a battle cleric for that matter. He can tried and he trade hits for less damage, but frankly a battle cleric or melee class will do it better with less buffing if possible.

Sun Wukong wrote:
But anyhow, let us look at the damage that any DC based cleric can get on this server:
1d8 (Morning Star)
+ 1d6 (Fire, from a morningstar Called Blessed Weave)
+ 5 (Greater Magic Weapon)
+ 5 (Strength modifier, base 14, +6 from Divine Power)
+ 3 (Divine Favor)
+ 2 (Righteous Might)
+ 1d6 (Aura versus Alingment)
+ 1 (Align Weapon)
= 27.5~ (Damage an avarage hit)

That damage per hit is not that different from what the typical one handed frenzied weapon master gets:
1d6 (Scimitar)
+ 10 (Strength, with +3 item)
+ 8 (Feats)
+ 4 (Weapon Enchantment Bonus)
= 25.5


This is just dishonest without the PA, 0.5 two-handed strength damage increase, or critical hit. <:D

DooDooKnight 2 get 1d6 scimitar (actually longsword for this example), 28/9 bonus damage, +4/2 bull strength potion, +4 weapon enchantment for 16-21. With critical is 58 to 63. (didn't include two-strength damage) Fighter/WM/Frenzy berserker would be, you'd have to change the scimitar to a Falchoin and add a possible 26/+8 point, weapon specializations, and melee mastery for 22-28 for 66 to 84. (did not including two-handed strength damage, EIPA, or berserk buff)

Not even comparable or the same ball part. Non-battle clerics cannot turn their magic damage into 0.5 strength damage only battle clerics can and specialized melee characters can. One of the reason why FB are disallowed in some server (or use to) is for DR reasons as FBs can pass through DRs like butter with mundane weapons. Again, I'm not saying your build sucks, but compared to actual classes that specialize, a caster cleric cannot compete. <:D

Quote:
The reason I did not add the 'Enhanced Imprower Power Attack' above is because on this server there are areas where you need to put up that tower shield and turn on your Improved Combat Expertise. Otherwise lingering in the said area becomes a lesson of what it means to be a glass cannon.


LOL, if you are frenzy berserker, you won't need CE or ICE as they can end a fight pretty quick as they can hit well in their 100s with the right weapon. In fact, any Melee class knows it pointless to do this against a caster. A caster cleric would be a fool to try to fight someone with 60 plus AC.

Quote:
As for DC based clerics, there are PRCs such as Silverstar of Selune, Darkfire Disciple, and
Stormlord of Talos that provide additional melee damage to any DC based cleric. Not to mention that there are cleric domains that also increase the damage per hit, such as Strength and Fury domains.


Both strength and fury domains require Charisma, which means less points in strength and wisdom. EDM would get more out of this than caster cleric. You also have to be a pure caster cleric to get the most out of the domains. Silverstar of Selune only increase damage if you wield a certain weapon and we already know about Stormlords, but in my opinion, they aren't too different from FB. (lol which is odd since SLs have cleric buffs and FB has a buff that kills them, yet SL are normally not nerfed or banned compared to FBs with certain combos) FYI, you can combine an Ice Mage with a SL to become both immune to lightning and ice as well as a high AC while at the same time bypassing other ice immunities to kite a person to death.

Quote:
It is harder to kill a cleric than a frenzied weapon master, who by the way, have rubbish saves without UMD consumables, which can be easily dispelled on this server.


Depends on the build in question and how fast the build kills it's enemies. So unless the enemies are sporting 400 HP damage each than a FB build is going to lay waste to whoever it runs into before they can kill him, especially if it's combined with WM. Clerics as I said, have high sustainability due to buff and heal. They aren't hard to kill because they do a lot of damage. <:D

It's their high sustainability without drawbacks that makes people think their overpowered. Their raw power is meh at best. I mean you can honestly say a Cleric can out damage spellcaster in spell damage or out melee damage either a FB or WM? I'm showing you the numbers for melee compared to what you had built and those builds can do much much more damage than your build, especially if you start tacking on the two-handed bonus damage and enhanced power attacks. <:D

Clerics are generalist, but not as good as generalist as bards who can do it all.

Sun Wukong wrote:
And no, I would not go as far and say that you had DC based cleric covered. Based on the numbers you presented, you used some kind of imaginary 'avarage spellcaster' of yours.


See above. If you played enough cleric builds, you should be able to calculate an average of what types of clerics you are bound to meet as well as comparing it to the types of clerics that exist in the game. (Regardless of PrCs involved) You're going to fine that their main attributes are STR/WIS/CHA will be within those ranges as I posted.

Sun Wukong wrote:
This server does not have adamantine weapons and the only way to get better than +4 enchantment bonus on weapons, is through spells.


False as Furiona Bellona has a +4 longsword she got from the 9 hells, she paid a fellow rper to get. I've forgotten what login name I used to get access to her.

Quote:
Anyhow, on this server unless the DR is Cold Iron or Alchemical Silver based, there is no easy way around it. You have to deal more damage than what the creature has DR. Now, uncapped physical DR of 10 or 20 is not unheard of on this server - and there are feats that allow melee characters to power through. But if you refer to the earlier comment of mine about the DC cleric damage output, you might notice that a majority of it is not blocked by physical damage reduction. Imagine that.


Most of the time you would be on your back though. <:D Caster clerics are bad at opposing checks.

Sun Wukong wrote:
You can make a frenzied weapon master on this server. There is no rule against it and both classes are there if you just get the feats and BAB for both. There are a ton of Fighter/Rogue/Weapon Master/Frenzied Berserkers here. Go ahead, roll one, and feel the struggle for that Epic scimitar everyone wants to get their hands on.


I mean no sarcasm when I say, "Cool beans."

Sun Wukong wrote:
As for the 'nerfs' done to Anointed Knight/Warrior of Darkness, the issue of spell resistance is first and foremost a PvE one. With high enough spell resistance the mobs just stop casting their spells. Which means that a number of players will soon complain that the server is not challenging enough, which results in mob casters that have higher caster level and generally more spells to fling and/or orbs that ignore spell resistance and deal direct damage that can score a critical hit. This is an easy way to make a server 'impossible to play' unless you have a specific PRC in your character build.


We know that is a loud of crap about players complaining. Rather it's PvP one, not PvE. As I said in the past, melee characters are as good as their gear. Crap gear makes for a crap melee character. :lol: As I got to the higher level content as I went to epic level areas with Furiona even though I could cast spell to get +5 equipment, she still fell short of the ABs at higher levels. So SR wasn't the reason they removed it because you can beat an AK/WoD into the ground. AND IF IT WAS then that means no one test the limits of the said classes and like the cleric, exaggerate what they didn't understand. :lol:

Quote:
The second issue with the Anointed Knight/Warrior of Darkness as implemented by Kaedrin is that he made the spell resistance 11 + HD. In PnP, it is just stock 20. The low spell resistance of 20 has its uses on this server, believe it or not. But were it added, I imagine that people would still demand it to be raised higher and they would not be that happy to raise it with those 'Epic Spell Resistance' feats, which takes us back to the first point.


See above. Plus, they removed the extra feats. I'm not stupid as to why that was removed too. :lol: I wasn't born yesterday.

Quote:
As the third point, yes there are the potential PvP concerns. This is an old server, the drow used to be on the surface, and spell resistance does give a mechanical advantage in PvP. After all, in order to overcome it, you need to get those Spell Penetration feats, or cast Assay Resistance, or spam Breaches and Mords, which in a 'sun elf wizard' against 'dark elf wizard' fight favours the drow.


See my mage-gish build. Rain into orcs with high spell resistance. It's amazing what leveling up and assay's can do for a mage-gish build. And when I couldn't spam/face melt the orcs, I would fight them. <:D Sounds more like the nerfs were done for pandering reasons than balance issues. :lol: (I don't know since I'm not the DMs)

Spellcaster: Waaaaah! Mr. DM, I can't face melt the drow because I don't want to invest in spell penetration feats and assay buffs. Can remove their SR please.

Seriously, there are spells and feats to bypass such defensed, but you can't bring yourself to use the means provided in game? Once again, this wasn't a balance issue, but an issue of laziness and adhere to what is already there.

Quote:
And finally, just buy a cloak of Shimmering if you want 32 spell resistance. (Which is a ton of spell resistance when it comes to the clear majority of surface spellcasters.)


You missed my point of my final statement in my last post. If balance in DnD were taken seriously, we get rid of all hybrid classes or classes that allow for dual specialization. Basically, you would get rid of classes that allow players to "cover their bases" or have a "fall back option." Moreover, the fact that melee characters got their heaviest nerf and spellcasters did not, says a lot. (Which was admitted the last time I was here)

I'm not here to argue overall adjustments for every classes or balance. I'm here to say that clerics aren't as powerful as you make them out to be and compared to the other classes, they fall short. Nerfing Solar Channeler isn't going to make them less powerful and if you look how the SC was created, it is actually made for the ideal cleric aka balance cleric than a caster or battle clerics.

Sun Wukong wrote:
The reason for the high AB, and the other 'silly' aspects of BGTSCC mobs, is to provide an actual challenge to a large variety of powerbuilds without making the server impossible to play. It is not perfect, but it is what it is, and it is not that bad once you understand this server's quirks.


This isn't an MMORPG. DnD/NWN is first and foremost a RP game. If someone makes a build that dominates every monster in the game so what? The RP servers should more concerns with creating an RP environment, not carrying that Jimmy blew up a gang of Orcs for 200 damage. :lol: If Jimmy want to beat the game then let him beat the game. The rest of us are here to enjoy each other's company. One of the reason why I have a hard time playing these classes is the nerfs or restrictions that remind me I'm playing a game instead of a fantasy world.

Sun Wukong wrote:
Clerics can have the same items any frenzied weapon master can, hence greatly reduce the number of necessary buffs. Thus it is just one spell and they are immune to critical hits and have DR, and so on, and so on.


A cleric with no buffs gets beat into the floor period and there is no arguing this regardless if you have the same gear or not. It's when you add the buffs that the fight gets somewhat one sided, but then that depends on the melee build you go up against. Not every specialized melee build gets UMD, Frenzy Berserker levels, etc.

Quote:
Not to mention that there is only one rule in PvP, the victor is always determined by the willingness to waste gold in UMD.


That's assuming UMD is available to use or the person has time to use. A sorcerer can't use UMD against a death that has already paralyzed them before they could prebuff or know he is in the area. <:D

Sun Wukong wrote:
Clerics have strong undeads, but half the PrCs they can cross with lower their ability to turn undead and cast spells. In the case of the Solar Channeler, they retain both spellcasting and turn undead, but loose their epic level feats. Sure you get levels of Hospitaler, but your spellcasting and turn undead would be lowered. The only use for your turn undead would be Solar Channeler's abilities and possibly EDM.


Same with Doomguide/Lathander knock off, Silverstar, and Master Radiance (assuming you can be this on this server since I haven't played in a while)...what's your point? <:D I don't see any of the classes get a nerf bat. You're so busy looking at the PvP aspect and not PvE aspect. That's a lot of unnecessary buffs to cast. The only thing a SC get is a summon, a polymorph, a searing spells that uses up Turn Undead (which they already get as a normal spell), and a Holy Sword type weapon that last 10 rounds, which also eats up Turn undead. I'm still not seeing how this is overpowered because there is no way I can think of immediately build as to how an SC build can go EMD while still being strong at turning undead or being strong while casting without practiced spellcaster. <:D The most it will get is 29 spellcaster levels, 20 turn undead, and EDM if they got Cleric/SC/Hosp. It would have horrible spell DCs and a mediocre turn undead. Even if a cleric had no undead levels, it would still be effective against undead since clerics have spells that basically increase damage against undead. (Sun bean/Searing light)

Quote:
You know, I could shred your paragraphs apart one by one, but I have already wasted enough on your salt mine of a post. Have a nice day.


You can't and you couldn't if you tried. Cheers. <:D :lol: Go out and have a drink friend. Or if you had too much to drink, "Then go home, Mario, you're drunk." <:D :lol:

metaquad4 wrote:
Chultans wonder why things be like they do, but they are.


Doesn't make sense. :?:


Last edited by ARHicks00 on Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:29 am, edited 8 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Solar Channeler
Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:28 am
Posts: 136
Young Werther wrote:
I should also add to lord Danky Kang and I's argument (and so arhicks00 is aware) that evasion was nerfed to no longer work in hev/med armour. All in the context of cleeical power, prc and kits ofc.


Welp, just another reason not to play a melee build in this server. :lol: :lol: :lol: But again, I was trying to play a cleric build anyway. So though cookies for those guys.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Solar Channeler
Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:28 am
Posts: 136
Young Werther wrote:
I'm sorry that's greater sanctuary, level 9.


If it's a spell specific for this server that is another story, but it's like etherealness or sanctuary then the rules still applied.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Solar Channeler
Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:42 pm
Posts: 685
Location: Azkaban
ARHicks00 wrote:
Young Werther wrote:
I'm sorry that's greater sanctuary, level 9.


If it's a spell specific for this server that is another story, but it's like etherealness or sanctuary then the rules still applied.


It is server specific and it is similar to ethereal. Here's what you do. Rune of stone body for 50% fire, acid resistance and which Jessie always has, then buff up as usual without fear of the grenade damage. Or you can cast immunity to any elemental damage from a rune or scroll. Subject to dispel from a scroll. You can also time your casts to avoid interrupt effect. Again grenades don't do enough burst to stop a cleric with a few heal spells handy.

Knock down?

http://nwn2.wikia.com/wiki/Foundation_of_Stone

http://nwn2.wikia.com/wiki/Brew_Potion

http://nwn2.wikia.com/wiki/Free_action

You can use a potion after a cast without sacrificing the next cast in conjuction.

_________________
Jessie Neige - Cleric of Auril

Lockonnow wrote:
greatest fear like the movie Hellraiser they show you what you most fear and take a Image of IT


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Solar Channeler
Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:28 am
Posts: 136
Young Werther wrote:
It is server specific and it is similar to ethereal. Here's what you do. Rune of stone body for 50% fire, acid resistance and which Jessie always has...


Not to be rude, but this still goes under the category of pre-buff. If you're pre-buffed, a melee build is in trouble. Without a pre-buff, a cleric isn't powerful and is a push over. You can come to the fight without a lot of pre-buffs before battle. My whole point was that depending on my build and what's available, the cleric is going to be on his back. I mean we are at the point of theory fighting (this applies to both of us) as to what we would counter with what as it is being spoken, but in all likelihood, a cleric may or may not be pre-buffed. WMs builds don't need much buffing.

That's all I'm trying to say.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Solar Channeler
Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:42 pm
Posts: 685
Location: Azkaban
No, the battle begins after sanctuary is cast for the cleric. They buff inside sanctuary.

Knock down isn't a threat I just described how to defeat it for anyone with a level 1 druid crafter.

_________________
Jessie Neige - Cleric of Auril

Lockonnow wrote:
greatest fear like the movie Hellraiser they show you what you most fear and take a Image of IT


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Solar Channeler
Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:28 am
Posts: 136
Young Werther wrote:
No, the battle begins after sanctuary is cast for the cleric. They buff inside sanctuary.

Knock down isn't a threat I just described how to defeat it for anyone with a level 1 druid crafter.


I guess you missed the True Seeing part...but that's neither here or there. <:D


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Solar Channeler
Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:42 pm
Posts: 685
Location: Azkaban
Play the game.

_________________
Jessie Neige - Cleric of Auril

Lockonnow wrote:
greatest fear like the movie Hellraiser they show you what you most fear and take a Image of IT


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group