Server Address: game.bgtscc.net
24/96
Last counter update:
2018-05-23 12:57:29

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Phaele Darants - Days of Mysteries
Unread postPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 10:03 am 

Herein lie the journal entries and adventures of the halruaan servant of Mystreries, Phaele Darants.

Post subject: Re: Phaele Darants - Days of Mysteries
Unread postPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 10:03 am 

"So far my arrival at Baldur's Gate was uneventful.

The city is a stinking, ugly place. A whole different world then Halruaa. It misses magics and all its opportunities.

But the temple of Mystra! Ohh, i remember seeing it around the corner of the Blade and Stars tavern. A giant round roof. The star of Mystra above its heavy door. A small green hedge surrounding its entrance.

And the interiors!
A long floor which spreads to the left and right and ends in portals. And just opposite the entrance another portal which leads to the main chamber and the altar of Mysteries.

It a gigantic room with marbeled floor, sounds of teleportation and spells filling the chamber. Non less then four great pillars are holding the weight of the powerful floor. At the opposite end of the portal lies a great golden statue of the Mother of Mysteries, towering above her heightened altar. Theres enough room for a hundred followers to fill these sacred halls.
The serving ladies of Mysteries is Neela, a quiet, but in magics experienced woman on her brink to becoming a wise lady.

I must confess i was overwhelmed by the temple. After the picture i had from the city the temple again motivated me to follow my call and learn and research the magics of the Swoard Coast.

Tough since a ten day nothing realy happened. I performed some boring temple services for some adventur folk. Pretty much all wanted wands of silence or least spell mantle for their grave robbings...

Still i made some friends, Terri Xon, the owner of the local Phoenix company lodge discussed some wandcrafting with me and showerd me her collection of divine wands. Together we experimented on what spell we are able to bind into wands. She invited me to visit the lodge and as i asked her ; she confirmed to being a faithful to Mystra and would be glad to teach me in wizardy.

And then theres Rania Ragnon; she calls herself a favored of Selune. She weaves divine magic like i do but does it in a different way and seems also profund in a bardic tradition. Shes a healer and caretaker, tries to protect the coast from greater evils and is a nice person in addition.
We had long talks and she informed me about the dreams plagueing the plane touched of the city and how to protect against them. She also informed me of a ghoul infestion created by a devilish poison.
Just yesterday she invited me to speak with her husband Radallon and consider joining the ranks of Candlekeep. I am eager to do so. Something else to do aside boring temple services and an opportunity to study magics and nehterese lore.

So far i didnt met other officals of the cult of Mysteries. I am still waiting for one to show up. They seem busy with affairs regarding the defenses of Baldur's Gate. I hope i soon can do my interview and join the local cell of Mystrans."