Eternity in the Fugue

For Issues, Ideas, or Subjects That Do Not Fit Elsewhere

Moderators: Moderator, DM

ozmiz

Eternity in the Fugue

Unread post by ozmiz » Thu May 17, 2018 1:28 pm

Hello fellow BGTSCC members! :hand:

I love to explore, and sometimes my love of that gets me into trouble and I die.
What do you do when you die and go to Fugue (if alone at the time)?

Even should I die in a highly trafficked area, I have never one time had anyone stumble upon my corpse and resurrect me.

I have waited all the way through a server reset before. After a reset, I understand there is no need to wait anymore because your corpse is gone.

I know this is a roleplay server, and that is why I am here, I love that aspect.
But is it ok to ask via /tell for a rescue?

Sometimes the Fugue feels like eternity.
And you guessed it, I'm writing this FROM the Fugue, after being bounced there last night from bad RNG from Crits (x5 in a row).

For the reply "you need to group": I do as often as possible. It is not always possible. The server population can be very low at times and I will not see another character (either in the area, or at my level).

CleverUsername123

Re: Eternity in the Fugue

Unread post by CleverUsername123 » Thu May 17, 2018 2:22 pm

Telling for a rescue is metagaming, so no, that's very much not okay.
Lauron Ivaranth - "...What is the correct response?" - Retired from adventuring, living the quiet life of a scholar.

chad878262
Quality Control

Unread post by chad878262 » Thu May 17, 2018 2:40 pm

You are not required to wait for a rescue, you can eat an XP penalty (100xcharacter level) to return to the land of the living. Is it meta-gamey? kinda, but certainly less so than sending a tell to avoid paying the penalty and have a friend come get you... Plus, at least until epics the XP penalty isn't that big a deal. If you're exploring you will eventually find spots with very good XP and very little risk if you're wanting to get a level or just earn back lost xp from character death.
Chord Silverstrings - Bard and OSR Squire / Tarent Nefzen - Arcane Wand Merchant and Master Alchemist / Irrace Arkentlar - Drow Adventurer / Finneaus Du'Veil - Gem Merchant and Executive Officer of SCCE

Tarent's Wands and Elixirs

A Wand Crafter's guide to using wands

Glowfire

Unread post by Glowfire » Thu May 17, 2018 3:11 pm

Most people RP death in PvE as a knockout or as a near-death-experience where the character somehow escapes.

Just dealing with the XP loss is often easier than waiting around.
Kazimir Resnik Travelling priest.
Tell me stories; Tell me lies
Lonely Life - Am & Shawn Lee
Adelaide van de Saer Priestess of Sune.
Imyvor Vesche 'Magic Hands' of Bregan D'aerthe.

Cinta

Unread post by Cinta » Thu May 17, 2018 3:28 pm

What I would do is use a tell in a storytelling format, like "When exploring the ruins, you may stumble upon a dead/unconscious body of a human.."
This way the other party always has the chance to ignore it, but there's also the chance for a good RP afterwards.
I don't see any problem with creative solutions to get other people to play with you!
Syndreth Fieryfey - Magician - [Bio] [Journal]

"So the story goes,
this is a tale that must be told.
For what could be your destiny, you'll never know."

whatsittoya

Unread post by whatsittoya » Thu May 17, 2018 3:33 pm

Circling birds is a great choice outdoors.
Gemma, Dawnbringer of Lathander: "The world may never be perfect, but if good people do good things, it can be better; every day can be better."