2018-08-14 06:56:02

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: The Uprising: Notes of Gerfrex, the Shadow Orc
Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:34 pm 

30-7-54

№024703550
Hidden: show
°
I have met with the chief, the first talk in a very long time. He has approved my changes, and shared the recent news. It seems that the things go very well at the surface, more and more recruits are joining. Baron, the boss of the Ebon Blades, has finally decided to step out of his reinforced castle, and the result was expected. He is no more, and this is how the Ebon Blades perish.

°°
New from my side though were not as pleasing. After listening to me, the chief was concerned about the authority switch at the Spider Militant. I assured him that this is a temporary inconvenience, and soon the usual routine shall be restored. I am always preparing for the worst scenario, and this is why I have requested a permission to [Missing text], and the chief has given it. Excellent.

№025703550
°
A shadow rift was opened at Lyth'raina's house, and I have returned, answering their call. She stepped forth and apologized for her disgusting behaviour. It could be "better later than never case", but this doesn't matter any longer. I have changed, and so did my priorities. Aunrae was here as well, they both were glad to see me at first, but my further words made them worried.

°°
I was thinking much about the situation, and the next day I have come up with a new plan. A more subtle approach would be required. I have caught Chalindra, a new Spider Militant recruit, in the dark tunnels near the Mist Lake. She had no idea who I am, and this is even better for the business. I have given her a task to deliever a message to their new leader, Dugoloth, and much would depend upon that meeting.

№026703121
°
Aunrae has got herself into a very tricky situation. She was expelled from l'Orb Glennen, she attends Schezalle's so-called "lessons", yet she takes part in the organisation activity, and their new mistress gives her much promise in the future. She is lost, disfigured, and it is about time to reveal to her the true path. I am a voice in her head, the shadow behind her back. She absorbs my wisdom, step by little step she moves into the right direction. She would become powerful and ruthless, a mistress this city deserves. She has very much to learn, yes, but we have plenty of time. The patient is always one step ahead.

№026704231
°
This cycle Gloura's was crowded. Schezalle and Aunrae had a very tense discussion when they arrived from their "lessons", and in the end Schezalle agreed to accept the teaching from Aunrae, to torture her. Despite the religious meaning, something tells me that Aunrae doesn't see here anything but satisfaction of her weird desires.

°°
After Schezalle left, a huge group of duergars has broken in. They were talking loud and with little sense, but suddenly it turned out that Lyth'raina is able to understand their rubbish and even speak it. They talked some nonsense about the lost treasure and other trivial noise, and obviously a group of greedy adventurers was quickly formed, including Lyth'raina and Aunrae. I obviously had to follow to make sure they won't get themselves into trouble.

°°°
I expected to see another boring treasure raid, not a motionless undead army occupying the caves to the west of Varalla's. The undead had a leader, a death knight who was able to speak. I have raised my shield, preparing to fight at any moment, but it seems that the undead wanted to talk. They were looking for some strange wares for their master, as if they are ruled by a spoiled child or really bored faern. In exchange for grapes and other meaningless things, they have given Aunrae a bag of gold and departed. More questions than answers here.

°°°°
The next cycle, we have spotted that death knight again, this time openly walking through Sshamath's bazaar in a company of breasted undead. It was getting more and more weird, and this time Aunrae was given list with the details for crafting a specific doll. The death knight though promissed to reveal his master once this would be accomplished, and so we have given it a chance.

°°°°°
During the conversation, we have heard an explosion and a loud cursing following it. A goat-girl was trying to recharge a wand, but something has gone wrong. She was looking unusual. Unlike other of her demonic kin, she didn't have most of her body exposed and was dressed properly, which was surprising to see here. Perhaps she can prove herself useful in the future. I have given her the list of wares and told to acquire them for us. She might have a good future in this city if she succeeds.

Known as:
Dasha — Smuggler, troublemaker, grandmaster of losing duels (Happy end?)
Gerfrex — Sneaky orc, self-proclaimed master of shadows (Active)
Alkor Deezelisk — Notorious spellcaster from Amn, paladin of Lathander (Semi-active)

Please don't metagame my journals.

Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:27 am 

02-8-54

№027703430
°
This moment has come. At last, that very conversation very much depends on. Dugoloth herself wished to see me, and I have arrived. She sits in her spider lair, surrounded by eight pairs of vigilant eyes, it is a very unhealthy ground for negotiations, but I had no choice and had to resolve it as quick as I could as it was chief's command.

°°
This was the second time we have met. Boiling in a pot of neverending sycophancy, she has become even more arrogant than before. This situation felt disgusting to me, Schezalle and Baless gaze at me standing near Lolth's altar expecting to kneel before their new mistress, a puppet yathrin Nargazul has created, but refuses to control. No wonder that certain someone else has taken the puppeteer's role.

°°°
I have brought chief's words to Dugoloth, his meeting request. She declared that she would speak only here, at the Spider Lair, and won't move an inch away from Lolth's altar. I have offered her couple of neutral grounds, but she didn't want to listen. Schezalle's whisper, Ilharess' pompous empty speech, and she waves me with dismissal, recieveing Schezalle's satisfied grin as an approvement. It all went as I expected, but a bit worse. Lyth'raina was looking at me with rebuke, and I admit that my words weren't as subtle as they should be, but it is hard to show respect to someone who did nothing to earn it.

°°°°
"Think again and think wise..." - was my final reply, and nothing has changed. Dugoloth was enjoying this denial of chief's generous offer, while Schezalle was sincerely satisfied with yet another damage dealt to l'Orb Glennen prosperity by her nasty claws, that vermin was hungry for an opportunity to attack me on Dugoloth's command. Shaking my head, I have left. It seems this cycle I am that messenger who brings bad news.

№027709610
°
The chief has expected an audience with Dugoloth this cycle. Instead, I have brought him nothing but disappointment. The chief was displeased, and I had to answer for this failiure, for Ilharess' incompetence and my own lack of patience and lack of subtleness. The chief is the wisest of us all, and so far he has never made me doubt his sacred vision. Instead of punishing me this time, he was eager to teach, and I was listening to his words of enlightment, humbly lowering my head.

°°
The weight of guilt was pushing me to the ground. I never mistake, and if there is to be an exception, let it be something less crucial, less devastating for me. Yet the chief didn't want me to be crushed by the weight of despair, he ordered me to stand straight, to listen to his teachings. My mistake shows that there is much to learn for me, and the chief was giving a lesson. We are the orks. We are the chosen. We do not restore the broken, we build something new from the ashes...

°°°
The guest has arrived. It was her own will, and I accepted her offer. She wasn't the only smokeskin realising Dugoloth's mistake, but the only one actually attempting to prevent the further destruction. She still has my favor, and the chief has agreed to listen to her words. After hearing her offer, the chief has blessed her with a share of his wisdom, and she was listening to his guidance with passion. In the end, I have recieved chief's new orders, including [Missing text]

°°°°
Under the moon, many orks, fresh warriors and old veterans, have gathered arround to listen to chief's words. New recruits have arrived as usual, this time we have accepted a powerful demon summoner into our ranks, a brazen recruit, but with burning eyes. Zar Ut Khan prospers under Khar's command, and so far I see nothing able to bother our inevitable triumph.

№028707650
°
Lyth'raina was going to meet with Nargazul this cycle. The place they have chosen was a deadly rumor trap. They have heard about the accoustic properties of the Necromancy School, they are so afraid of occasional eavesdroppers, but not of hundreds of ears loyal to faerns. In the current situation, the necromancy school is a foe for them, not a friend, and feeding the information to your foe is not the least of these two evils. Yet my words weren't heard. Nargazul's has denied my guidance, he wasn't there when the conversation near altar occured and doesn't see the clear picture, thus he makes silly mistakes, only intensifiying the decay started by Schezalle. We shall speak later, in time.

№028702810
°
Aunrae trains very hard in last days. She is underestimated by many, and right now she is not the strongest of jalien, but I don't see a limit to her potential yet. She learns very quick, and under the right guidance she will become the power to be reconed with, the power of change.

Known as:
Alkor Deezelisk — Notorious spellcaster from Amn, paladin of Lathander (Semi-active)

Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:31 pm 

07-8-54

№029703340
°
Aunrae was going to attend another lesson with Schezalle, and I was prepared for this. My agents were already roaming around, waiting for their next moves. The first report I recieved was indicating that things are about to get out of hand. Schezalle and Aunrae went to Varalla's passage, after that Schezalle has teleported them both away. I was able to trace the teleport and follow.

°°
They were too far away from mythal range, at the Wilds Decent, the place where Schezalle could give freedom to any ill intents of hers. I using contact medalion to keep myself informed about Aunrae's well being, one sign and I would interfere, but according to her responses, everything was kept at the razor edge — dangerous, but not dangerous enough to go all-in. While me and Lyth'raina were arguing over it near the Wilds Decent, Aunrae has managed to return safely to the civilization. It's always better to follow a false alarm than to miss the real.

№029707211
°
I haven't been to my lair for a very long time. The bedroll is all covered in dust and moss, the few furniture I had is locked with fresh web, but it is still that old good hideout I was using for sleep and other activities. I have collected the mushrooms from the nearest grove, scooped the water from the lake nearby, and in a short time I have presented my famous beggar stew to Aunrae and Lyth'raina. It was a long nostalgic night full of talks. Except Lyth'raina's threat to kill Aunrae, everything went smooth.

°°
Suddenly, I have heard weird noises from my old chest. The girls thought I was mad, but I knew that something is very wrong here. Making sure it is not trapped, I have opened it, and the voices filled the room. Lyth and Aunrae were confused, but I knew what is going on. This was the mindwash peformed by ilithids, the same we had long time ago, so long that I didn't even knew Lyth. My head was about to crack, and it was getting more and more dangerous in the room. Aunrae foolishly wanted to stay, but I shouted at her and we ran away as fast as we could, desperately attempting to escape from the merciless whisper in our heads. I want my answers, and I know who exactly can provide them.

°°°
Ithic, that fingerface scum. He is still there, trading at the bazaar after that betrayal of his, when he warned a group of ilithids of our presence at their mines, which nearly costed us lives when we were trapped in a deadly maze of darkest thoughts. Trying to hold my anger, I demanded the answers he owes me, but the bastard was trying to deny it, pretending he doesn't know a thing. He agreed to give clues for the price though, and we had nothing to do but to pay. He told us that the only way to get rid of the voices it to either accept them or fight them when they appear again, and it was certainly a waste of my gold. It became clear that Ithic is not involved though, who else then?

°°°°
Having no clues how to investigate it further, we were trying to catch every straw we could. Lyth'raina told us she killed some ilithid spawn at Har'ols Den, and so we paid those thugs a visit. Brigands were acting weird. We hid ourselves and finally managed to catch one of them. He was saying about the masters, he was all strained and nervous. I wanted him to lead me to the boss, but suddenly he stepped back and used a weird amulet he was wearing. A shadow rift was opened, and dark spawns stepped through it. We were unprepared to fight them, but Lyth'raina has used her ultimate power I've never seen before, turning the beasts into dust. We tried to examine the amulet, but it turned into ashes as we touched it. Something is very unclear here, and I think that is related to the voices we had in our heads.

°°°°°
Lyth'raina became very nervous and frustrated, the voices combined with her horrible temper has costed lives to many potential information sources, making her only angrier. Our presence didn't go unnoticed though, and soon we were ambushed. We had no time to consider what is elite duergar squad doing here, but they came for us and we fought them back. Those were clearly ilithid thralls, and it means we are close to the answers.

°°°°°°
We have heard heavy steps in the distance. It seems like this is the boss the thugs were talking about so much. What I have seen surprised me. It was an ork matron, and she was at least three times bigger than me. She was enraged and demanded us to reveal ourselves. Failing to hold her temper, she murdered all the bandits she found nearby. Despite Lyth'raina's hesitation, I've revealed myself and tried to talk to the warrior. She was frenzied and was constantly trying to provoke us, but it seems she is not the boss of this place, but a "treasure hunter" who came here to rob the bandits. I still could use her enormous strength though. We've told her that the treasures are hidden behind the braced iron door, that very door with an incredibly good lock I'm unable to get through. She was trying to destroy it with insane effort, and after realising she was fooled around she attempted to strike us down. It was a mistake of hers. No matter how big she is when the size doesn't matter, and soon that colossus was lying lifeless at the ground.

°°°°°°°
We have shamelessly claimed all her belongings, and it was the moment I've seen a mind pod crawling away out of her ear. With my swift reflexes, I was able to catch this nasty being and even hold it enough time before Lyth'raina took out a vial. We have tried to put this worm into the vial, but the creature exploded instead, covering us in a spray of revolting liquid. I have collected all that remained into the vial, and we made it out. All those events give more questions than answers, and we still don't have much clues of what happened. Lyth'raina suggested us to talk to the ilithid from Bregan D'aerthe guildhall, their new agent, and I think we hardly have other choice. I was concerned about Lyth'raina's well being, but she seems alright now. Her behaviour has changed though since that brainwash, and I doubt this is a simple coincidence.

Known as:

Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:25 am 

10-8-54

№030808520
°
So many new faces I have seen at the hidden village this cycle. Not all of them were fresh recruits, it is true that I am spending too much time outside Uruk Lurra. The most notable of them was Grishka, a servant of Luthic the clan was lacking for such a long time. She respects the traditions and acts with obedience in male presence, but her eyes burn too bright to remain unnoticed behind the humble mask. She has a spirit of drow Ilharess, and I have quite an experience of working with the smokeskins. She has a potential, I'll make sure it would be directed the right way.

°°
Another recruit's worth mentioning name is Zu'uric, but he's called Berry most of the time, at least by Grishka. A young boy with strong ambitions and hot temper, but no wisdom behind them, he reminds me of younger Lyth'raina at some point. The reason I am making notes of him is a spectacle he has performed. He has challenged the chief for his leadership role, and it was the first time I have seen a fool capable of such futile move. Khar has accepted it, and the result was way to predictable. In a few seconds, Berry was lying at the ground in a puddle of his blood. Khar is a wise chief, and instead of decapitating the defeated opponent, he has given Berry a chance to serve the clan, and the boy has accepted this honor.

№030809700
°
The time has come to test the new recruits in action. Gathered under chief's banner and accompanied by me and Tor'rak the haruspex, they have followed Khar to the trials he has prepared for them.

°°
The blood spilled was measured in rivers this cycle at the Troll Claws. Trolls, Ogres, Stone Giants — nothing could stand before the wrath of the clan. The new recruits were holding good, nobody was wounded nor lost, and that looks very promising. We have encountered no humans or dwarves on our path, and this was smart of them. They understand that they stand no chances before us.

°°°
Upon returning from this raid, we have encountered the first human this cycle. A bald traveler tried slip away, but he was quickly surrounded and was ordered to speak. Surprisingly, that human has recognized one of us, a new warrior called Greshalk. It turned out that the human and Greshalk were hunting and training together, and the human even declared that they are learning eachother's ways! What such a pathetic creature as human can possibly teach a proud ork? The chief was displeased by this blasphemy, and he has binded Greshalk and the human with a debt bonds. They must spill the blood of the foes together and bring the heads as an evidence, this is Greshalk's only way to restore the favor. They both have departed, while we have stopped at Soubar.

°°°°
Standing under a heavy rain, I was gazing at the grim citadel of the Ebon Blades, the last stand of theirs. I asked the chieftain what is he going to do with that building once we claim it. "Cover the walls in the skins of those who tried to hold it from us." — was his first response, but later he confessed that he is thinking of appointing Grishnak as Soubar viceroy ruling from that keep. I could take that role too of course, but my grasp extends to the world below, not above, and I think Grishnak would perform that role better. Under Zar Ut Khan rule, those pathetic ebon dogs would turn into the efficient servants, and this transformation is but a matter of time.

№031804900
°
A cycle later, I have met Grishka again. I was able to know her better, and soon enough she wasn't even hiding her temper, which is good for me. She seems to have truly far going ambitions, and I have hinted her that my vigilant eyes see everything, to which she responded that she could bite my nose in case I'll poke it where I shouldn't. I certainly starting like this woman, word for word, and I have invited her to visit the Underdark for the educational purposes.

°°
She has never descended farther than Ogre Caves, and the whole world above was a discovery for her. On our way, I was instructing her on how to behave at the drow society, and she listened without hesitation. The city of Dark Weavings has truly impressed her, she was following me like a shadow, absorbing all the new knowledge she was acquiring. Occasionally, we met Nawen who was gathering a raid group to the Underdark Wilds, and that group included Lyth'raina and even Lomith, the Zau'afin Ilharess. Although not interested in such activities, I have joined it with Grishka to show her more variety of the Underworld. The hunt went successful, she understood everything and has caused no questions during it, nor did she attract any unnecessary attention.

°°°
Upon coming back to the city, I have invited Lyth'raina to join the excursion I was leading, and she has agreed. It reminded me of that time when we were doing absolutely the same, but with Aunrae instead of Grishka. In this case though, we paid less attention to the Southern district rich buildings and more to the less common sights, such as underground web of tunnels under the city or Darkwoods grim beach. While walking though Nau'klar arena, we started talking about the fights. Lyth'raina declared that she can defeat me now, and I invited her to try it. Grishka claimed that it would be amusing to see me losing to a woman, and by it she meant herself. They both denied my offer though when I have invited them to try it. It was smart, since their prides remained unhurt this cycle, but I must admit that even though Lyth'raina would likely be defeated by me once again, she has grown enough to have ghostly chances to win, and if those chances shoot she won't be merciful to me.

°°°°
We have stopped at the Spider Kiss. Since Lyth'raina was there, it inevitable ended up in a quarrel and blaming eachother. We were arguing a lot about l'Orb Glennen fate and who is responsible for it, all the opinions we sounded weren't knew for us both, but yet we keep repeating them again and again, as if it could change anything. Grishka wasn't aware of the situation though, and I didn't mind enlightening her on that matter. Lyth'raina wanted to tell her own version, and I allowed her, remaining silent during her story even at the most ridicolous moments. I was letting Grishka learn the opinions from the both sides of a conflict, it would be very helpful for her education. In the end, Lyth'raina left us alone after yet another meaningless quarrel between us.

°°°°°
Grishka remained there for some time longer, although she confessed she doesn't like the drow culture and the smokeskins themselves. She told me how Berry chases her, trying to please and constantly bringing her gifts, and how it amuses her. Berry is a hothead, and I told Grishka to stop torturing that young fool this way. She has certainly more drow spirit in her than in some Spider Militant members. She has revealed even more ambitions of hers, including mating Grimnail himself, and I have approved it. Perhaps Grishka would be that very lever that would give Grimnail a little push he lacks to finally start a war.

№032809810
°
This cycle has started with expected, but still very pleasing news. Schezalle was struck down by an unknown assasin and her survival was a marvel. She lies unconcious at the Spider Kiss room now and is guarded by Blackblade who tries to keep her alive for some reason I understand. She would certainly become more paranoid if she survives, and so we must now waste a chance to get rid of that snake for good. Lyth'raina surprised me though. She was looking after Schezalle, sincerely concerned about her well being. She treated me harshly when I came, and after it we had yet another hostile conversation for the sake of blame.

°°
What I have seen later this cycle has surprised me even more. I have found Aunrae and Lyth'raina at my old lair, and Lyth'raina has coldly told me to leave. Pretending that I did so, I have witnessed a scene that made everything clear. An arrogant cruel jabbress is going to "give a lesson" to Aunrae for the sake of satisfying her own sadistic whims, for the sake of humiliation. She summons a giant spider and makes it chase Aunrae, enjoying herself. This wasn't Schezalle, this was Lyth, although there was no difference between them both at that moment. I have told Lyth'raina everything I think about her move, and she shouted at me. Later this cycle, she said she's losing her patience. I know what it means and I am prepared. This was the moment she lost my favor.

°°°
We were discussing many things at the Spider Kiss bathes with Aunrae. She asked me what would I do if Lyth'raina attacks me. My response was [Missing text]. Our conversation was interrupted by the sudden guests though. I knew that Nargazul, Galawyn and Lyth'raina are at the building visiting Schezalle, but I didn't expect them all three to break into the bathes fully armored. Using this moment, Aunrae insisted on her private talk with Nargazul, and he agreed after I supported Aunrae's demand.

°°°°
She wasn't pleased when she returned, and that is softly speaking. She shouted at Nargazul to stay, and his response was slamming the door before leaving the establishment. Galawyn was sleeping at the pillows already by this moment, and we had our talk with Lyth'raina and Aunrae alltogether. We were discussing [Missing text]

Known as: