Server Address: game.bgtscc.net
68/96
Last counter update:
2018-09-19 21:17:41

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Polumorph/Shapechange - gear bonuses
Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:35 am 

mrm3ntalist wrote:

Who said that feats from items dont transfer while polymorphed? Everything i tried - PA attack from an armor, Spell focus feats from belt are transferring to the forms, unless the forms have a similar item equiped. For example if a form has bracers already equipped, obviously any bonuses from bracers wont transfer since they are never equipped.

This link is accurate - https://wiki.bgtscc.net/index.php?title=Polymorphing.

Anything that is not working according to the info in that link, then it should be looked at, however it wont always mean that there is an issue since it might be by design. I think the table in that link needs to be updated with more details such as any others types of AC that the forms have.

I would understand that, but it seems strange to me that every other form except Planetar and arboreal elf takes feats from bracers, boots, ring and skills from armor and regen from cloak. It seems to be too...uniformal to be caused bys forms' gear, unless all forms have no gear and those two have all the gear and that is from Polymorph and Shapechange. Which is why reported it as bug, but the contradicting info I got in the bug thread from team members incited this thread.

As for the forms table, that would be great if it could be updated, there are couple things like Clay golem not being Clay golem anymore and not having haste as Iron golem, but Hydra has haste which isn't noted, Slaad I believe doesn't have stun on hit or I never saw the roll it does have the eggs/disease roll, dragons definitely do not have Keen on their monster weapon and search as I may, I couldn't find NWN2 appropriate list of undead traits, fey traits, slaad traits or any other, so I have no idea what those mean. Dragons on the other hand seem to have knockdown and crit resist which are not listed only sneak. And Marut seems to have blind on one of his weapons but that is also not listed. And Mindflyer's death DC seems to be 20, not 14 according to the rolls I see. And Palrathee doesn't have greatsword, it has longsword. Bibelith has power attack and cleave which are not mentioned.

Niyressa Dawncrow - Transmutations professor and Representative: Lockhart Academy

Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:46 am 
Scripter

All shapes use the same script and follow the same item property transfer rules. All the item properties on wearable gear are transfered to the creature skin of the shape. Weapon properties transfer to the weapon of the shape (if any), but only for same types of weapons, i.e., ranged->ranged and melee->melee.

If you find discrepancies between shapes in what properties transfer, it may be due to a timing issue on the delayed function call. Some shape appearances may simply take longer to initialize on the server than others.

Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:56 am 

dedude wrote:
All shapes use the same script and follow the same item property transfer rules. All the item properties on wearable gear are transfered to the creature skin of the shape. Weapon properties transfer to the weapon of the shape (if any), but only for same types of weapons, i.e., ranged->ranged and melee->melee.

If you find discrepancies between shapes in what properties transfer, it may be due to a timing issue on the delayed function call. Some shape appearances may simply take longer to initialize on the server than others.

I have waited around 5 minutes with no spell buffs, only gear and Planetar and Arboreal elf still didn't get any feats, skills, regen or attributes from items, only AC, even after changing locations. I have really tested it multiple times before posting it in the bug thread.

Niyressa Dawncrow - Transmutations professor and Representative: Lockhart Academy

Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:11 am 
Scripter

Sorry Dicey, didn’t mean that you were doing it wrong. Rather the script might have a timing issue.

Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:28 am 

dedude wrote:
Sorry Dicey, didn’t mean that you were doing it wrong. Rather the script might have a timing issue.

Really no need to apologize, I just want to point out that I don't think it's timing issue, the situation is the same after half an hour fighting...so just saying that maybe the issue is there somewhere else with those forms.

Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:03 pm 
Forum Moderator

I polymorphed from being an Orc.. and was still light blind.

Vice Versa, never been light blind when polymorphed into an orc before :D

Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:47 pm 
Custom Content

DiceyCZ wrote:
dedude wrote:

Really no need to apologize, I just want to point out that I don't think it's timing issue, the situation is the same after half an hour fighting...so just saying that maybe the issue is there somewhere else with those forms.

There were typos in the 2da. Should be fixed in the next update.

Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:52 pm 
Recognized Member

Hawke wrote:

that is the penalty for looking through the eyes of the gods. even for a moment :)

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only choice."

Bob Marley

Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:15 pm 

matelener wrote:
DiceyCZ wrote:
dedude wrote:

There were typos in the 2da. Should be fixed in the next update.

Thank you very much :)

Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:36 pm 
Forum Moderator

aaron22 wrote:
Hawke wrote:

that is the penalty for looking through the eyes of the gods. even for a moment :)

And the penalty for the gods turning into inferior lifeforms?

LoL