Bye

Off-Topic Community Conversations and Discussions

Moderators: Moderator, DM

DM Rosette

Bye

Unread post by DM Rosette » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:20 am

Hey folks,

Just wanted say goodbye from the DM side. Some of you are likely overjoyed by this, some of you are indifferent (Rosette who?), and some of you hopefully paid enough attention to at least notice. That's perfectly fine, no hard feelings and all that. If anyone understands feeling angst against the DM team, or a particular DM, that would be me. I won't say it's been a year and a half of fun and pleasure, because it most certainly wasn't at times, but I am glad that at the very least I managed to leave my print on this server's continuing story from the DM side.

Unfortunately, we are not all saints, as much as we'd hope for our DMs to be. I'm not going to give you some bs about how I'm "stepping down" or anything of the sort, nor will I disappear and pretend like nothing happened. I had no plans to do so, at the very least until this campaign was wrapped up. I was removed for breaching the code of conduct. DMs are not immune to drama, and I stepped on toes too hard this time it would seem. While my hands are not shiny and clean, the victim card is too easy to play on BG, always has been. Painting a monster is so much easier than actually finding one. Won't complain too much here, there was certainly other cause to remove me.

To my former colleagues: I apologize for leaving you with more work. Some of you in particular put in way more effort than you should, and hopefully the playerbase will know how to appreciate that. I know that I'm not always the most pleasant person to get into an argument with, and I know that when things get heated I can be ruthless in the way I deliver my arguments, but I would hope that none of you took it personally. I've made a few lasting friends in my time on the DM team, and for that, more than anything else, I am grateful.

As much as I am not willingly stepping down, I won't lie and say that this doesn't come as a relief. DMing on BG is not a grateful position, and more often than not drains one completely. Add to that an occasional toxic presence staff side, and you have yourself a recipe for burnout. I've considered quitting several times over my tenure, but there was always that one more thing to finish.

That all said, my sincere apologies to everyone who has outstanding requests and plots with me. If anyone has questions over leftover plots/requests, or anything of the sort, please refer to my player account, I won't be checking this one anymore.

I'll see you all on the playerside, eventually.

DM Rosette/thids
A hard heart and a strong mind are the foundations of faith.

Endelyon
Global Admin

Re: Bye

Unread post by Endelyon » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:39 am

Despite the current circumstances I still want to offer you a sincere thanks for all your contributions to our server as a DM and campaign coordinator.

chad878262
Quality Control

Unread post by chad878262 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:48 am

See you player side sometime. Take some time off and recharge!
Chord Silverstrings - Bard and OSR Squire / Tarent Nefzen - Arcane Wand Merchant and Master Alchemist / Irrace Arkentlar - Drow Adventurer / Finneaus Du'Veil - Gem Merchant and Executive Officer of SCCE

Tarent's Wands and Elixirs

A Wand Crafter's guide to using wands

Valefort
Lead Programmer

Unread post by Valefort » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:05 am

Cookies for your honesty and sincere thanks for your good contributions to the server, the rest will be forgotten. Hope you'll get to enjoy the playerside again :)
Mealir Ostirel - Incorrigible swashbuckler

mrm3ntalist
QC Coordinator

Unread post by mrm3ntalist » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:03 pm

Its no secret that we argued a lot on the forums and had different ideas, however as a dm you were exceptional and the fact that you became a campaign coordinator so fast is a testament for this. In my book, you leaving is a big loss for the dm team and the staff in general. Like valefort said "the rest will be forgotten" and I hope that one day you will want to rejoin the team.
Mendel - Villi of En Dharasha Everae | Nikos Berenicus - Initiate of the Mirari | Efialtes Rodius - Blood Magus

Spelling mistakes are purposely entered for your entertainment!

Maecius
Global Admin

Unread post by Maecius » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:18 pm

Best of luck to you from here. I hope you can look back on your accomplishments as a DM and as a Campaign Coordinator and feel satisfaction in the good things. We do appreciate your positive efforts on behalf of the server these past many months.

DM DragonClaw
Associate DM

Unread post by DM DragonClaw » Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:50 pm

Thank you for your honesty and all the help you have given to me personally as an ADM. You made me feel welcome and a valued member of the team. Also thank you for all the work and dedication for the Server as a whole.

ZestyDragon
Area Designer

Unread post by ZestyDragon » Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:31 pm

I hope if nothing else you stick around as a player. Other wise best of luck!.

V'rass

Unread post by V'rass » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:51 pm

This seems to be an ongoing theme... people getting upset or leaving due to some Dms abusing their power, really is disgusting such behavior is tolerated, specially when the other dms know full well who is doing this but cover for them anyway due to politics. Keep up the good work... soon everyone will move to Haven or NWN EE. :cry: At anyrate thank you Dm Rosette for being one of the honorable ones and your work with the plots around Beregost. Maybe one day you can return to being a dm.
"To understand magic one must first understand magic."

Agathion Benedictus: Holy Priest. Retired for now.
Tiax Rules-All: Gnomish madman. Retired permanently.
Exordius Vrass: Cleric/Mage. Currently active.

Maecius
Global Admin

Unread post by Maecius » Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:35 pm

V'rass wrote:This seems to be an ongoing theme... people getting upset or leaving due to some Dms abusing their power, really is disgusting such behavior is tolerated, specially when the other dms know full well who is doing this but cover for them anyway due to politics. Keep up the good work... soon everyone will move to Haven or NWN EE. :cry: At anyrate thank you Dm Rosette for being one of the honorable ones and your work with the plots around Beregost. Maybe one day you can return to being a dm.
I'm not sure what this has to do with this particular thread, V'rass, and I don't agree with some of your statements: But if there's something bothering you about the server or someone on staff, please know that you can shoot me a PM to talk it out.

Young Werther

Unread post by Young Werther » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:07 pm

Sorry to see you go but if your like me the group isn't always the best environment; so I gotta emphathize with all this.
Jessie Neige - Cleric of Auril
Lockonnow wrote:greatest fear like the movie Hellraiser they show you what you most fear and take a Image of IT

DM Solo
DM

Unread post by DM Solo » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:18 pm

Very sad to see one of the most valuable members of the team gone under these circumstances.

I wish you all the best, and hope to see you around as a player.

V'rass

Unread post by V'rass » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:16 pm

Nevermind i retract my previous statement... just learned more about the issue and its not what i had thought. Apologies... :oops:
"To understand magic one must first understand magic."

Agathion Benedictus: Holy Priest. Retired for now.
Tiax Rules-All: Gnomish madman. Retired permanently.
Exordius Vrass: Cleric/Mage. Currently active.

Steve
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Steve » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:30 pm

Welcome to the Club!
mrm3ntalist wrote:You will have to nerf everything

Storybuilding

|> Henryk UrdeSword of Justice
|> Simsae OrcslayerSong of Thunder - Stonesinger of Kraak Helzak
|> Preceptor Phasorin ZauPurification through Fire