Server Address: game.bgtscc.net
31/96
Last counter update:
2018-09-18 14:01:16

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bye
Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:20 am 

Hey folks,

Just wanted say goodbye from the DM side. Some of you are likely overjoyed by this, some of you are indifferent (Rosette who?), and some of you hopefully paid enough attention to at least notice. That's perfectly fine, no hard feelings and all that. If anyone understands feeling angst against the DM team, or a particular DM, that would be me. I won't say it's been a year and a half of fun and pleasure, because it most certainly wasn't at times, but I am glad that at the very least I managed to leave my print on this server's continuing story from the DM side.

Unfortunately, we are not all saints, as much as we'd hope for our DMs to be. I'm not going to give you some bs about how I'm "stepping down" or anything of the sort, nor will I disappear and pretend like nothing happened. I had no plans to do so, at the very least until this campaign was wrapped up. I was removed for breaching the code of conduct. DMs are not immune to drama, and I stepped on toes too hard this time it would seem. While my hands are not shiny and clean, the victim card is too easy to play on BG, always has been. Painting a monster is so much easier than actually finding one. Won't complain too much here, there was certainly other cause to remove me.

To my former colleagues: I apologize for leaving you with more work. Some of you in particular put in way more effort than you should, and hopefully the playerbase will know how to appreciate that. I know that I'm not always the most pleasant person to get into an argument with, and I know that when things get heated I can be ruthless in the way I deliver my arguments, but I would hope that none of you took it personally. I've made a few lasting friends in my time on the DM team, and for that, more than anything else, I am grateful.

As much as I am not willingly stepping down, I won't lie and say that this doesn't come as a relief. DMing on BG is not a grateful position, and more often than not drains one completely. Add to that an occasional toxic presence staff side, and you have yourself a recipe for burnout. I've considered quitting several times over my tenure, but there was always that one more thing to finish.

That all said, my sincere apologies to everyone who has outstanding requests and plots with me. If anyone has questions over leftover plots/requests, or anything of the sort, please refer to my player account, I won't be checking this one anymore.

I'll see you all on the playerside, eventually.

DM Rosette/thids

Post subject: Re: Bye
Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:39 am 
Global Admin

Despite the current circumstances I still want to offer you a sincere thanks for all your contributions to our server as a DM and campaign coordinator.

Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:48 am 
Quality Control

See you player side sometime. Take some time off and recharge!

Chord Silverstrings - Bard and OSR Squire / Tarent Nefzen - Arcane Wand Merchant and Master Alchemist / Irrace Arkentlar - Drow Adventurer / Finneaus Du'Veil - Gem Merchant and Executive Officer of SCCE

Tarent's Wands and Elixirs

A Wand Crafter's guide to using wands

Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:05 am 
Lead Programmer

Cookies for your honesty and sincere thanks for your good contributions to the server, the rest will be forgotten. Hope you'll get to enjoy the playerside again :)

Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:03 pm 
QC Coordinator

Its no secret that we argued a lot on the forums and had different ideas, however as a dm you were exceptional and the fact that you became a campaign coordinator so fast is a testament for this. In my book, you leaving is a big loss for the dm team and the staff in general. Like valefort said "the rest will be forgotten" and I hope that one day you will want to rejoin the team.

Spelling mistakes are purposely entered for your entertainment!

Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:18 pm 
Global Admin

Best of luck to you from here. I hope you can look back on your accomplishments as a DM and as a Campaign Coordinator and feel satisfaction in the good things. We do appreciate your positive efforts on behalf of the server these past many months.

- Server Rules and Information
- Supporting BG:TSCC

Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:50 pm 
Associate DM

Thank you for your honesty and all the help you have given to me personally as an ADM. You made me feel welcome and a valued member of the team. Also thank you for all the work and dedication for the Server as a whole.

Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:31 pm 

I hope if nothing else you stick around as a player. Other wise best of luck!.

~ Sathia ~ Joy Bringer, The Halls of Inner Light, Apprentice Sword Coast Arcane

Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:51 pm 

This seems to be an ongoing theme... people getting upset or leaving due to some Dms abusing their power, really is disgusting such behavior is tolerated, specially when the other dms know full well who is doing this but cover for them anyway due to politics. Keep up the good work... soon everyone will move to Haven or NWN EE. :cry: At anyrate thank you Dm Rosette for being one of the honorable ones and your work with the plots around Beregost. Maybe one day you can return to being a dm.

Agathion Benedictus: Holy Priest. Retired for now.
Tiax Rules-All: Gnomish madman. Retired permanently.
Exordius Vrass: Cleric/Mage. Currently active.

Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:35 pm 
Global Admin

V'rass wrote:
This seems to be an ongoing theme... people getting upset or leaving due to some Dms abusing their power, really is disgusting such behavior is tolerated, specially when the other dms know full well who is doing this but cover for them anyway due to politics. Keep up the good work... soon everyone will move to Haven or NWN EE. :cry: At anyrate thank you Dm Rosette for being one of the honorable ones and your work with the plots around Beregost. Maybe one day you can return to being a dm.

I'm not sure what this has to do with this particular thread, V'rass, and I don't agree with some of your statements: But if there's something bothering you about the server or someone on staff, please know that you can shoot me a PM to talk it out.

- Server Rules and Information
- Supporting BG:TSCC

Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:07 pm 

Sorry to see you go but if your like me the group isn't always the best environment; so I gotta emphathize with all this.

Lockonnow wrote:
greatest fear like the movie Hellraiser they show you what you most fear and take a Image of IT

Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:18 pm 
DM

Very sad to see one of the most valuable members of the team gone under these circumstances.

I wish you all the best, and hope to see you around as a player.

Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:16 pm 

Nevermind i retract my previous statement... just learned more about the issue and its not what i had thought. Apologies... :oops:

Agathion Benedictus: Holy Priest. Retired for now.
Tiax Rules-All: Gnomish madman. Retired permanently.
Exordius Vrass: Cleric/Mage. Currently active.

Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:30 pm 
Recognized Member

Welcome to the Club!

|> Simsae Orcslayer — Stonesinger: Song of Thunder
|> Hurgon WyrmstoneKraak Helzak Ambassador & Voice of the Deep Mountain
|> Preceptor Phasorin ZauPurification through Fire
|> Henryk Urde — Sword of Justice