Server Address: game.bgtscc.net
28/96
Last counter update:
2018-08-21 04:46:18

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Request - Radial menu for Contingent Summoning
Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:14 am 

Hey folks!

I'm not sure if what I'm asking for is possible, plausible or hard to implement, but there's been a lot of radial menus added to a lot of spells and so here it is:

Could we get a radial menu for Contingent Summoning on Thaumaturges to sellect which spell you want replicated? Really most of us just want the Planar Bindings / Allies from it, and I've seen wizards erasing Summon IX and VII from their spellbook for those reasons, but alas, clerics dont even have that option. Could it be possible to have it actually become useful and allow for a casting of Planar Ally somehow? Because as it is now, I've not had the reason to use it once. All it'd do is unsummon the creature I actually wanted.

Cheers.

Post subject: Re: Request - Radial menu for Contingent Summoning
Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:22 am 
Global Admin

I'll start a topic in QC since I'm no expert on the class, but this seems like a pretty reasonable request at first glance. We'll see what we can do.

Post subject: Re: Request - Radial menu for Contingent Summoning
Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:33 am 

Endelyon wrote:
I'll start a topic in QC since I'm no expert on the class, but this seems like a pretty reasonable request at first glance. We'll see what we can do.

I have been playing Thaumaturge for a while, lately.

Contingent Summon is currently useless, mainly because:

Slunko wrote:
All it'd do is unsummon the creature I actually wanted.

Said this, the class is fine even as is, with Contingent Summon used only when the character lost all his creatures. This is mainly due to the interaction between Planar Cohort, Augment Summoning and the effect Conjuration Focus Feats have on the creatures, together with the utility (NOT the stats, which are fine. The utility is instead often very powerful.) the new creatures available bring.

In the hands of a half decent player, Thaumaturge is fairly powerful right now, especially if full DC caster.

This change would be simply QoL, and wouldn't alter the power of the class at all.

After about two years of hiatus, this 2018 has been an amazing RP journey. I would like to thank everyone who played with me, from those with whom I had multiple, long 1 on 1 sessions, to those who dropped a few lines in passing by, never to meet again. Well played, & keep rocking!