Massive damage on logging in (CON items?)

Any Issues or Bugs Should Be Posted in Their Respective Categories

Moderators: Moderator, Associate Dev, Quality Control, DM

casadechrisso

Massive damage on logging in (CON items?)

Unread post by casadechrisso » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:42 pm

I know there is some damage applied on login to wearers of CON increasing items, however, in my case I think it's a little too much - afaik I logged out last night with full health. As I just logged in, I was immediately shot down below 0 hitpoints and was lucky another player ( <3 Gamerasa! ) was in the Nexus and could heal me up. The log unfortunately didn't tell me how much damage was applied, but I think there should be security measures that prevent players from getting killed by simply logging in.

mrm3ntalist
QC Coordinator

Re: Massive damage on logging in (CON items?)

Unread post by mrm3ntalist » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:23 am

Do you have more than 2 items with Con bonuses equipped ?
Mendel - Villi of En Dharasha Everae | Nikos Berenicus - Initiate of the Mirari | Efialtes Rodius - Blood Magus

Spelling mistakes are purposely entered for your entertainment!

casadechrisso

Unread post by casadechrisso » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:30 am

I had bracers +3 (main boost) and my dodge +3 boots have +1 CON too (I don't wear them for that reason, but for the +3 AC). Think that's it.

mrm3ntalist
QC Coordinator

Unread post by mrm3ntalist » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:43 am

casadechrisso wrote:I had bracers +3 (main boost) and my dodge +3 boots have +1 CON too (I don't wear them for that reason, but for the +3 AC). Think that's it.
Yes, that is what causes the massive damage. It is the combination of two scripts, one to avoid an hp exploit and another to prevent a login exploit. That is why you should have only one con item equipped. If you want to keep the boots, you can ask a dm to remove the CON from them
Mendel - Villi of En Dharasha Everae | Nikos Berenicus - Initiate of the Mirari | Efialtes Rodius - Blood Magus

Spelling mistakes are purposely entered for your entertainment!

casadechrisso

Unread post by casadechrisso » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:25 am

Just bought new ones, thank you. I think I'll just keep CON items out of my armor set, the better method to survive is not getting hit in the first place anyway. ;)