Journal: Harlos Lackman

Character Biographies, Journals, and Stories

Moderators: Moderator, DM

SoThereIWas

Journal: Harlos Lackman

Unread post by SoThereIWas » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:24 am

*Written neatly in elven with calm stokes made by ink and quill on parchment*

18 Eleasis 1354,

While up in Soubar I talked with one named Israe'anna and learned that Soubar has two threats, one side of them it’s devils and the other side are Orcs and Drow. An Elf would have come in and out the shadows for whatever the reason being, and I’m not to sure it matters really.

Israe'anna tried to talk with this one elf and request that she give word to someone named Kael, and that Israe'anna wanted to talk with them. I’m not to sure that this elf is to reliable so I may send word myself to make sure the job gets done one way or another.

I ran into an Orc up in the North, not far out of Soubar the same day sometime after my talk with Israe'anna. This lone Orc came out of thin air in the fields not far from where I stood after I had killed a few wolves. This lone Orc would point out that I was in the lands of Grimnail, whoever that is. I had to give this one a valid reason to not be brought into a torture chamber, so I paid the Orc eight bags and went the other way to only fight another day if needed.

If I am to decide on combating these Orcs on the next strike as a mercenary, I may have to talk with the Ebon Blades and join their ranks to ensure I have others at my back when and if the time comes. But all the same there’s lots of training ahead of me, and time is wasting so I better make it count.
Harlos Lackman, half-elf mercenary rogue: "Never said it was easy, but it’s the life I chose to live."

Vuzlyn Torate, drow mercenary: [TBA]

SoThereIWas

Re: Journal: Harlos Lackman

Unread post by SoThereIWas » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:40 pm

*Written neatly in elven with calm stokes made by ink and quill on parchment*

20 Eleasis 1354,

Came across two others in the Elven village, one of them named Faelyn who knew of Kael, the other present I did not get a name. I passed on the massage that Israe had tasked that nameless elf to do, the same one that I’m not sure understood what was asked of them.

21 Eleasis 1354,

It seems that others south of Soubar are even not pleased with the Orcs, I wonder how many of them would venture North to only get attacked.

The time to act is now, I’m going to talk with the Captain of the Ebon Blades.
Harlos Lackman, half-elf mercenary rogue: "Never said it was easy, but it’s the life I chose to live."

SoThereIWas

Re: Journal: Harlos Lackman

Unread post by SoThereIWas » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:34 pm

Recently learned in some recent tendays ago that Wren was a Zhenterim agent in the past, but no more.

I heard word that a wandering priest named Kaz was targeted by the North Watch in passing the bridge by the bridge fort. I would think it's due to rumors that the Golden Wheel are Zhenterim allies.

Talked with a Zhenterim agent, they said that it's not true that they and the Golden Wheel have any official deal. But only time will tell about that if true or not, but I have not been given a reason to distrust the Zhentarim yet.

Hear second hand talk the other day that Gaven want's to increase presence in the North. . . War is coming I can feel it and have felt it for sometime. I need to prioritize the Militia for Mag first and foremost.

I was also requested by a third party sometime ago to have a summit with North Watch and the Radiant Heart. Not sure what their angle is, but I don't think it will work one way or another. We may need a Cleric of Tempus in the same room if so, but overall it's low priority right now, as I need to get other things done before that.