Haunted house 2nd floor

It Does What It Says on the Tin: Resolved Issues

Moderators: Moderator, Associate Dev, Developer, Quality Control, DM

DarnathS

Haunted house 2nd floor

Unread post by DarnathS » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:55 pm

We were a group of 3...we had just finished killing vampires and as we clicked on the door to go back to 1st floor the game crashed(happened around 9h30 p.m if you wanna check logs)

chambordini
Lead Gnome

Re: Haunted house 2nd floor

Unread post by chambordini » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:28 pm

Like a client crash? Did you have any summons in your party?

Theodore01
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Theodore01 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:15 am

Do you have the Client Extension installed ? As it helps preventing a lot of crashes, but not all.

herzakov5

Unread post by herzakov5 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:51 pm

Now when I try to run the client extension before stating the game, the game crashes.

THIS IS NO LONGER SOMETHING THE IS ENJOYABLE. i HAVE ENJOYED PLAYING ON THIS SERVER ESPECIALLY. APPARENTLY, SOMETHING WAS DONE 2-3 DAYS AGO TO MAKE THE SERVER CRASH USERS. I GUESS YOU ONLY WANT SPECIFIC PEOPLE TO USE YOUR SERVICES.

I MIGHT AS WELL DELETE THE GAME ENTIRELY.

Winterborne

Unread post by Winterborne » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:13 pm

Client Extension's working fine for me. I've also not been crashing at all. Take a deep breath.
Nathan Goldenmane - Knife Fighter of Sune

Steward and Head of Business, House Darius -
Guard and Performer, The Siren's Song

Endelyon
Global Admin

Unread post by Endelyon » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:27 pm

herzakov5 wrote:Now when I try to run the client extension before stating the game, the game crashes.

THIS IS NO LONGER SOMETHING THE IS ENJOYABLE. i HAVE ENJOYED PLAYING ON THIS SERVER ESPECIALLY. APPARENTLY, SOMETHING WAS DONE 2-3 DAYS AGO TO MAKE THE SERVER CRASH USERS. I GUESS YOU ONLY WANT SPECIFIC PEOPLE TO USE YOUR SERVICES.

It this really an appropriate reaction? We haven't even had an update since the middle of September, so this is an issue on your end. Run the client extension and the game using the NWLauncher.exe provided with your copy of the CE. If it crashes on startup, your NWN2 installation might have become corrupted, though the issue could be elsewhere as well.

metaquad4
Quality Control

Unread post by metaquad4 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:46 pm

herzakov5 wrote:Now when I try to run the client extension before stating the game, the game crashes.

Step 1) Breath deeply.

Technology isn't magic, it breaks now and then. You'll need to put in a little effort to solve this issue. Because the server hasn't updated and everyone else is playing just fine, the issue is on your end for this one.

I wouldn't jump the gun like this though. Believe it or not, acting spastic will make people want to help you less, not more.
herzakov5 wrote: I MIGHT AS WELL DELETE THE GAME ENTIRELY.
Actually, this might help. But not in the way you expect. Uninstalling/reinstalling might fix a corrupt file you have, for example.

Other things you can do to troubleshoot (in order of difficulty):
1) Restart your computer (lol I know).
2) As mentioned, try re-installing nwn2. If there is a corrupted file in your core installation, that should fix it.
3) If re-installing nwn2 didn't work, you have have some file corruption in your documents. Try deleting documents and re-downloading the server.
4) Does it crash on any other servers? How about single player? If so, has windows updated recently, or did you update your drivers recently?

It might have something to do with drivers if so, perhaps how your drivers interact with nwn2. Re-installing your video drivers may help with this.

Here is some advice from the good ole nwn2 wiki, too:
http://nwn2.wikia.com/wiki/PW_Player_Tr ... g_Problems

Regarding the client extension, too:
If you used it in the past, stop using it.
If you didn't use it in the past, start using it.

It can be finicky sometimes. I had lag on a particular network for a while, and I stopped using it. When I did that, my lag vanished. When I put it back on, the lag resumed on that network. It was a strange time.

With that though, good luck, and happy troubleshooting.
The White Crown's Acolyte

C'caw!
&
C'caw! Journal

Chultans wonder why things be like they do, but they are.
Young Werther wrote:I think people need to roll with the punches and not take things so seriously maybe.
aplethoraof in game.

Miasmata
Lead Builder

Unread post by Miasmata » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:47 pm

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, herzakov5.

Are you still having this issue?
Auric Blackmore: There are no facts, only interpretations. Retired.
Lord Eldarian Al'maire: Darkness retreats, a coward before the sun. Retired.

Miasmata
Lead Builder

Unread post by Miasmata » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:12 pm

Thanks for bringing this to the DEV team’s attention. This post will be archived to denote the issue has been looked into.

Please be sure to start another thread and let us know if you find anything else like this in the future.
Auric Blackmore: There are no facts, only interpretations. Retired.
Lord Eldarian Al'maire: Darkness retreats, a coward before the sun. Retired.