Add invocations for good/fey warlocks

Suggestions Should Be Posted in Their Respective Categories

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Associate Dev, DM

DarnathS

Re: Add invocations for good/fey warlocks

Unread post by DarnathS » Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:52 pm

fire ice acid etc those are fire...the ones i mean are more in line with :
the dead walk: summons a skeleton...a good aligned character wouldnt raise undeads...
summon greater shadow: again...a good aligned character wouldnt summon undeads
form change: a good warlock wouldnt shape change into a demon(hellhound)

and like i said earlier, just putting choices in those powers(just as when using say summon creature X) so that you either summon a skeleton or a dryad, summon 4 greater shadows or 4 blink dogs...shapechange into hellhound or (insert good aligned race with similar powers) .
I dont think it would require that much editing to simply add that choice to the invoc.

And then of course the hellfire PRC...which could also have some of its powers changed like instead of summoning a balor/erynies etc you could summon more of a nature planar...

slajiik

Unread post by slajiik » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:00 pm

As one who runs CN Seelie Court Feylock as main - can not agree more - some of invocations could have different effect. Probably Warlock Kits could be used to specify which kind of pact Warlock have and provide pact-themed invocations

The Whistler

Unread post by The Whistler » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:50 pm

slajiik wrote:Probably Warlock Kits could be used to specify which kind of pact Warlock have and provide pact-themed invocations
I dig this idea very much, Nemni you need to make it happen.
Anglo wrote:You dirty little chimney elf.

chambordini
Lead Gnome

Unread post by chambordini » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:55 pm

The Whistler wrote:
slajiik wrote:Probably Warlock Kits could be used to specify which kind of pact Warlock have and provide pact-themed invocations
That was what rasael was working towards way back, a lot of the convo work is done already, though some of the pacts are not so appropriate to our setting, that much anyway, can be used.

SyntheticRose

Unread post by SyntheticRose » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:08 am

And then a kitless Warlock would represent inheritors who didn't make their own pact?

Nemni
Scripter

Unread post by Nemni » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:14 am

The Whistler wrote:
A kit per pact-type and invocations that fit them all is an unrealistic amount of work I think. But I do want to diversify the playstyles of warlocks. Baby steps.

slajiik

Unread post by slajiik » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:10 pm

Nemni wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:14 am
The Whistler wrote:
A kit per pact-type and invocations that fit them all is an unrealistic amount of work I think. But I do want to diversify the playstyles of warlocks. Baby steps.
There are 4 major types according to BGTSCC lore entry: demons, devil's, fey and celestal. (Actually 3 first are most common).

Fey are about illusions, control, dc focus and mobility (if you take prcs from various editions and archfey prc) .

1-2 feats (for example ability to take fey power without fey heritage, together with spellcaster prodigy for synergy/ extra level Eldritch blast progression be) and 1-2 invocations from enchantment/illusions schools would be already decent.

Or/and, as another idea , some of essenses can be adjusted for kits. For example for bewitching, binding blasts could be more powerful for faerie locks and have higher dc/ extra effects.

Not sure how much work this will require, but even providing small, but flavor and deal breaking change would do the magic.

Even if baby steps are much smaller than this it would be great to have some pact flavor

metaquad4
Quality Control

Unread post by metaquad4 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:56 pm

slajiik wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:10 pm
There are 4 major types according to BGTSCC lore entry: demons, devil's, fey and celestal. (Actually 3 first are most common).
What, no love for Slaadi? :(

Also, don't forget Star as well. The Staff has stated that those are viable, and they have been done in the past.

---
Anyway, I think created subfeats (chosen at Warlock level 1) for a "pact type" that determines the abilities of:
Hellspawn Grace (Rename to Grace of the Pact?): Turn into a lesser creature associated with the plane your pactor is from.
Call Shadow Demons/Summon Shadows (Rename to Swarm of Servants?): Summon a swarm of creatures associated with the plane your pactor is from.
The Dead Walk (Rename to Summon Pact Servant?): Summon a creature that scales with your level associated with the plane your pactor is from.
Possible Word of Changing: Turn into a greater creature associated with the plane your pactor is from.
And any other spells that do those pact-specific effects

would be a pretty good idea.

I'd even take a step further and create a 3 level PRC in the vein of Hellfire Warlock for all the pacts. Though, that would require far more effort and time.
C'caw!
&
C'caw! Journal

Chultans wonder why things be like they do, but they are.
Young Werther wrote:I think people need to roll with the punches and not take things so seriously maybe.
aplethoraof in game.