Server Address: game.bgtscc.net
40/96
Last counter update:
2018-10-15 19:27:11

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: When was Rockrun Formed?
Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:26 am 
Recognized Member

I was working on my Svifs biography and I had it half imagined that my character was a child when the Duergar invaded Tunnelrun. Then I realized I did not actaully know the exact timeframes of the attack, Tunnelruns defeat, or the following war.
From the time the Gnomes kicked the Dwarves butts to the period of the initial formation of Rockrun, it was about 40 years. King Leoril Blackrock killed the dwarven king and is till king today. And there are existing survivors of the Dwarven attack (the lady in the mask at the Tunnelrunner Headquarters for one).

So!
When did the dwarves stumble upon Tunnelrun, and begin attacking?
How long did the war between the Gnomes and the Duergar last?
Has it been about 40 years since the end of that war?

Svirf do not keep track of time so it makes sense there is no records, I suppose....

Shunasassi Immeril Pretty Elf in a Pretty Dress

Post subject: Re: When was Rockrun Formed?
Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:52 pm 

*Scratches head...*

I do not think Rockrun appears in any official material. But it has been strongly inspired by the settlement of Mantol-Derith.

Just look at the map, look at how it kind of matches some of the Rock-Run areas. Mantol-Derith is way North though, near Menzoberranzan, or Ched Nasad. Thus the answer to your question can only be given by DM decision or something.

But if I refer to faint memory of some very distant forum topics and irc discussions... The duergar were driven away by a few deep gnome generations ago. You know, in order to give the settlement time to recover and allow it to act as some kind of neutral hub. Duergar can enter it, can they not? But like with all things, things have changed little by little over the years.

Edit:
The avarage life span of deep gnome is about 250 years. I just took it from the wikia. A human generation is usually about 30 years. Let us say that the avarage human lifespan is about 80 years. Thus a deep gnome generation could be something like 93~ years. But you would have to look at what the source books say about deep gnomes... how often it takes for kids to mature etc.

- Elminster, probably.

Post subject: Re: When was Rockrun Formed?
Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:26 pm 
Recognized Member

The current king, King Leoril Blackrock, was the one to kill the Duergar chief- basically defeating the gray dwarves. Im assuming the death of the chief happened at the end of the war with the dwarves. Leoril was around when the Tunnelrun people asked for Blackrocks help. The war came the Grays lost. Then 40 years later Rockrun was basically started.

There are some gaps...

The answer could be 40 years ago.
But how long has Rockrun been around since it was officially formed? 2 years? There is no time stamp.
And that 40 years does not account for how long the war lasted- the Svirfs gathered intel and took out all the dwarves lands/keeps and mines first before the final keep, where Rockrun is located today. They used mushrooms to starve the Grays while laying siege...that must have taken awhile.

So yeah I sent a copy of this thread to the DM's. Maybe they will get back to me?
If they do I will update this thread.
I just want some specific times so I can figure out how old my character was, when all this happened. Being a survivor will play into his history a lot.

Shunasassi Immeril Pretty Elf in a Pretty Dress