BGTSCC Discord BGTSCC IRC

Server Address: game.bgtscc.net
62/96
Last counter update:
2018-11-17 20:17:59

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Valen's journal
Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:02 pm 

((( link to Valen's bio: viewtopic.php?f=153&t=67105
((( OOC note: Eleint 1st 1354 = Sept 1st 2018

*below is a leather bound book Valen keeps on his person at all times*

entry dated: Eleint 1st 1354 Nashkel

I put my old journal in the innkeepers fire last night. I am not sure what I was thinking. Burning the frustrations of my past? Whatever the case, it is gone now. At least I did not burn my gear, a lot of the stuff the company outfitted me with looks rather expensive. Lucky I was able to keep it.

The journey over the passes was freezing. We were lucky to get through without incident. The caravan guides said this was the best time of the year. I would hate to see the worst.

Last night I passed a House of the Guardian on the way to the inn here. I have been drifting for six months now, aimless after my endless contract with the Amberdraft company concluded. Woke up this morning thinking I should look into the Everwatch knights. Whats the worse that could happen?

entry dated: Eleint 4rd 1354 Nashkel

I hiked up to Friendly Arms Inn last night. Quite the hike. Ambushed by goblins on the road, and then rock throwing giants. Left the ones who attacked me dead. Met a guy Nathan and a few others at the fire. Nathan apparently is the head of security for the Darius trading company, pretty much offered me a job. Was excited about it at the time, but not sure if I want to guard a trade house again. I think I am sick of making wealthy people richer. That said, a job would be a way to get a reputation in this area, I probably should look into it.

Asked around about the Darius trading company today. The Nathan guy said they were a fish and grain factor. I mentioned that around and was openly laughed at. Apparently their business is a bit more exotic, and they tend to hold grudges. Nobody was willing to give me any details though. I am getting the vibe they are smugglers, and dangerous ones at that. Going to look elsewhere for employment.

entry dated: Eleint 5st 1354 Nashkel

Back at the academy used to fantasize about being a great hero. Silly dreams from almost thirty years ago now. Heard at friendly arm inn some tall stories about a Haunted House to the east with Vampires. Well, it took me nearly 30 years to do it, but I finally killed an undead monstrosity. Killed? It was already dead, how could I kill it? Maybe laid to rest is a better word. Whatever, a bit of sunlight ashed most of them right enough. I finally had my silly moment, and it felt pretty good.

entry dated: Eleint 6th 1354 Nashkel

Was eating at the inn last night. Over heard a conversation between some locals about some frost Giants that came out of the mountains a while back? Not sure when, apparently looted some stuff and kidnapped some of the locals. Not clear if they were returned or not. Anyway, was all motivated today to go check it out. Found they have a whole castle back there and everything. Apparently raising drakes? Did not find any signs of human habitation in the keep. The king had five bags of gold on him though! Must have been hitting the caravans in the passes hard. Anyway, I am set for some time now. Going buy everyone a round of drinks tonight for sure.

entry dated: Eleint 7th 1354 Nashkel

Bit of a head ache this morning. Mentioned the House of the Guardian last night, heard good things. I cannot even remember the name of the Head Watchknight though. Going to send a letter though and see if they will take me.

The greatest adventurer of all time
Nwurk
Another grouchy orc
Mai'yth
The odd duck of the drow

Last edited by Memories on Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Valen's journal
Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:16 pm 

entry dated: Eleint 8th 1354 Nashkel

Yesterday I explored far north, all the ways to the Northern Farmlands. Took me all day to get there. Found an odd scene, apparently the watch post on the coast way north of the Gate was attacked by a mechanical creature. Ended up investigating it along with a guy from the Temple of Guardian, do not remember his name, and some guy from the Ebonblade company from Nashkel. Also had a spirited lady who was a bit over her head. Also forgot her name.
They were all good people, well intention-ed. Wish I could remember there names. I need to remember the important things:
  • Someone, I think the Helm guy, said one of the watchposts north had been unmanned for a Tenday. This is a lead, not sure how to follow up.
  • The mechanical cockroach attacked the guard post north of BG and came from the undead fields
  • I gave the flaming fist squad 1000 gold so the one soldier could get new boots that had been wrecked from acid
  • the mechanical creatures are using acid attacks
  • we searched the fields of the dead, found a lab, a large monstrous construct that attacked us, lots of smaller constructs, some treasure, schematics, and an ingredient list which I lost
  • I stored the schematic in my pack
  • the ingredients included blood. Fiend blood or balors blood, possibly ichor? bad memory here.
  • we later took a schematic to the gondite temple. Learned about a gnome Tinker named Grawin in the area. Need to follow up on this lead.
  • the following things were said about Grawin: flock of appreciates. pursuing ridiculous rumors. capable of making a golem of the complexity that attacked us.
  • the big nasty construct / cockroach thing that attacked us was slow to build, custom made, and likely took a full wagon of iron bar or ore to make. That is a lot of ore, need to follow up on this lead.

Nwurk
Another grouchy orc
Mai'yth
The odd duck of the drow

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:26 pm 

entry dated: Eleint 8th 1354 Nashkel - 2nd entry

So I headed north today to re-search the fields of the dead in daylight. Could not even get close, flaming fist all over it. Good to see them on there job.

We made copies of the schematic last night, felt guilty about not giving the original to the officer when I pasted through. So I gave it to him now and said I found it. He knew I did not tell him about it last night, was not fooled a second. He committed about the guard appreciating this new boots and took it with me. I suspect if I had not bought that guard boots last night, I would be in jail right now. Close one.

I followed up asking about iron ore at the guard check points and the shipping yards.
  • nobody knew anything about any unusual shipments of iron. Dead end for now.
  • the officer made an off hand comment about a caravan that disappeared several months ago and vanished. Turned up destroyed apparently. Does not know what it carried. Kicking myself on this one, I should have asked him where it turned up. Missed a valuable lead, if the others turn up nothing, I should come back to this.

entry dated: Eleint 8th 1354 Nashkel - 3rd entry

I received a letter back from the Head Watchknight today. Seemed to be very positive about my joining the Everwatch Knights. Sounds like I could meet with him on the 10th. Some guy named Wai Li. Odd name really.

Nwurk
Another grouchy orc
Mai'yth
The odd duck of the drow

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:29 pm 

entry dated: Eleint 8th 1354 Nashkel

Using a comprehend languages spell today I sat down and tried to puzzle out the schematic for the mechanical cockroach. Limited luck. It was written in Abyssal and Infernal, and any of the more technical stuff was beyond me.

(( copy of said construct schematic may be tucked into the journal for a time
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3gh5ckrroy2bf ... s.jpg?dl=0 --thank you DM Doom!

I was able to figure out some of the text, listed below:
  • Clock roach. Big!
  • Is fun! **
  • Who broke my guard?*
  • Where is the necklace? Who broke my necklace?
  • Thief - (drawn as if being crushed) ***
  • Cheap source of iron discovered/found/located. Long trip/journey/distance. Free!
  • beautiful necklace ? ? ? ? ? ? spells ? ? ? ? activated/triggered
  • My Necklace!

The the iron is back, and interesting note. I wonder what he is referring to? If I see someone from the Ebon Blade I should ask, they are more familiar with things up north. I need to follow up on this lead.

The whole thing gives me the feel of say a crazy genius. One who is building these for the fun of it. Planning to have them guard areas. Not malicious at all. I feel we have to be very careful, and maybe we can get him to put in more restrictive programming. People have been hurt by these things, but has anyone been killed?!

Wrote letters on following up on Tinker Grawin. Send them off to the House of the Guardian and the Ebon Blade, should be able to follow up on the lead on Tinker Grawin. I hope. Will see what happens. Reguardless, leads we can follow up for this mission are, from most important to least:
  • Tinker Grawin. Location, news, anything. Honestly, this mans obsession makes me wonder if this is the guy. Or maybe one of his more creative apprentices. Or a rival? Not sure, but how many guys can make constructs like this?! Grawin will have some sort of answers.
  • Sources of iron in the north. Figure this out and we have our guy.
  • where was the caravan that was destroyed months ago final resting place? visit the ruins and see if any clues remain
  • the unmanned guard post. Did the mechanical have something to do with it? Visit and see if we can find clues.

Nwurk
Another grouchy orc
Mai'yth
The odd duck of the drow

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:02 pm 

entry dated: Eleint 9th 1354 Nashkel

This was quite the day. First finally met up with Head Watchking Wai Li to join the Everwatch Knights. Also there to join was Rensari, the guy helped with the mechanical constructs and I forgot the name of! oh, and Wai Li is a Paladin. Bit nervous about that actually, being an arcanist by trade those more . . . ideologically pure types can be needlessly in-tolerate. Probably best to avoid anything controversial around her, and avoid the need to explain anything.

I was inducted into the Everwatch Knights as a Cadet. Apparently any military salute is acceptable, but it was suggested I consider forming the symbol of Helm for my salute. I already wear gauntlets, an open palm to the chest should do the trick. The oath I swore is as follows:
"I, Valen Rocksnow, Swear to follow all legitimate orders of the Everwatch and my Everwatch superiors of the Church of Helm. To live and follow a path of law and not of evil. To protect and guard the charges as is my given duty as Everwatch. To be vigilant and prepared in my duties at all times. I hereby do swear as stated before Helm and all the gods and my ancestors."

Was part of an honor guard for the Head Watchknight on a diplomatic mission. The details on that are just, well . . . not safe to write down entirely. I need to make a list though so I remember, so just the stuff safe to write:
  • Radiant Kelddath Ormlyr of the Song of the Morning (Lathander) is running Beregost currently
  • Sheriff de Oca was murdered very recently! Nobody knew anything about who did this! The Lathanderites did not seem to be investigating, but everyone agreed he was a good man. This is a loose thread, and it bugs me. I need to pull this thread and see where it gets me. But how do I go about doing this?
  • The previous Governor, do not remember her name, was killed. Apparently by the Song of the Morning and Sheriff de Oca. It is said she was very corrupt, embezzled money, and was a Shadow Thief of Amn. Speculation is the shadow thieves murdered the Sheriff out of revenge. Why would they do this?! What do the thieves have to gain? This makes no sense to me. Organized crime that has been around runs on greed, not revenge. Revenge is bad business.
  • Before Amn took over in the Amn - Gate war, Beregost was ran by the Song of the Morning
  • Beregost is costing Amn a lot of money to maintain.
  • Beregost is divided between factions, pro- and anti-Amn. This was glossed over! I need to follow up on this.

My first duties as a Everwatch Cadet have been given to me, they are:
  • patrol the area around Beregost, be seen.
  • follow up on the Mechanical constructs
  • tell the Paladin/Former Paladin/?fallen Paladin? of Helm/Everwatch Arkain he is ordered to meet the Head Watchknight. It seems this man has become violent and dangerous. Bears a symbol of Helm, bears a great mace, ?dressed in armor?, goes by the name Arkain.

Nwurk
Another grouchy orc
Mai'yth
The odd duck of the drow

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:12 pm 

entry dated: Eleint 10th 1354 Nashkel

I patrolled around Beregost today. Warded up just outside the gates of Nashkel. Started patrolling the trade way south of Beregost and went north to just outside the gate. Made sure I was visible along with my Everwatch cloak, and patrolled to the east, to Gullykin. Returned up the road, and then went east along the fence, made sure I was visible, and then patrolled the tradeway north.

It was on the trade way north of Beregost I was immediately attacked by suicidal goblins. They were no match for my skill, and I crushed their skulls with my hammer. If they are attacking heavily warded guardsmen like myself on the tradeway, I can only imagine what they do to random travelers.

I noticed an overgrown abandoned chapel not far from the road, upon investigating was ambushed by masked wizards. Very surprised, they attacked with spells, knives, and mephits. The mephits were slow, and I was able to sweep them out of the air with my hammer. The masked wizards I knocked unconscious. That may be been a mistake. I descended through the ruins out of curiosity more then anything. On the bottom floor I heard odd chanting, and was attacked by a wizard who used undead. I crushed his skull, and left by a secret escape I found in his chambers.

After that I returned to the outskirts of Beregost and patrolled west to the area of high hedge. There I was attacked by scorpions, odd creatures. I stunned them with my hammer and left them alive. Found an abandoned farmstead and what looked like it could be a beautiful orchard.

Returning to the outskirts of Beregost I patrolled the southern trade way, avoiding the Wyverns. I explored the sides and found a village of Xvarts, which I kept my distance and avoided.

Returning to down I stopped at the Inn of the Belching Dragon. It seemed mostly empty. I ordered a Jalanthar Amber and drank it alone at the bar. Maybe in a few days when the village is more familiar with me I will try and strike up a conversation someone. Will have to think about the best way to go about that. I have many questions to ask.

Nwurk
Another grouchy orc
Mai'yth
The odd duck of the drow

Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:39 am 

I responded to a call to arms today from a Dharva something or another, Queen of Greenist. many other adventurers showed up, including good man Rigel. She asked us to fight some bandits raiding a trade route her town depended on.

It quickly turned into a vicious fight, and after some time spent negotiating to no end, we slew the bandit leader. And a necromancer who was murdering travelers to raise them as zombies, who was working for said leader. And a bunch of bandits. We also made a deal with Greenist that the innocent victims who were travelling the road would be bury respectfully.

Nwurk
Another grouchy orc
Mai'yth
The odd duck of the drow

Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:34 pm 

Received a letter today from the head of security for the Darius Holding company. I had thought those smugglers had forgotten about me, or perhaps hoped they did. Apparently they are interested in following up on the possibility of me working for them.

I thought about it for some time before responding. I decided to turn down their offer personally, but suggest they hire the Watch. I think I could get involved with them as a member of the Watch safely, and it is unlikely anyone will do anything fishy with the Watch around.

They offered me a tour of their facility, but that was before they knew I was a member of the Watch. I doubt if they will still give it to me, but I responded back I was very interested in a tour. I think it would be smart to scope out the place out, just in case I end up having to be part of a squad that storms the place.

Nwurk
Another grouchy orc
Mai'yth
The odd duck of the drow

Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:01 pm 

entry dated: Eleint 11th 1354 Nashkel

Well, the follow up on the mechanical constructs at the Gondite temple was of limited success today. At first, I was the only one person there, but thanks to the sending spell, I was able to snag the Head Watchknights sister, Terri and her band of merry men.

That ended up being helpful on a bunch of things.

Firstly, it seems they had a run in with the mechanical clock roaches. At Friendly Arm's Inn. That makes three places of attacks I know of:
  • Northern Farmlands watchpost for the Gate
  • "Friendly" Arms Inn
  • Soubar

We ended up talking about the clock roaches and I learned another clue, they have been seeing a figure teleporting away at the labs right before the incidents. I need to start putting a trace teleport spell in my spell book ready to go. I need to follow up on this next incident.

I shared with them my partial translation of the schematic, and I also told them about my newest theory, that this is some rejected apprentice of Grawin that is out to prove to his former master his greatness. Or some such. They seemed to agree this was creditable.

I also mentioned the whole line about Cheap source of iron discovered/found/located. Long trip/journey/distance. Free! I found on the schematic.

This lead to a brain storming session with some good ideas:
  • if this guy is making mechanical clock roaches, why not mechanical miners? All he needs for that much iron is to find some abandoned mine somewhere and set his minions to reactivate it.
  • wagons are heavy. Especially wagons with iron ore. If we find the right mine, we do not need to enter it. The big recent furrows leaving it will give it away immediately.
  • smelting is dirty ugly business. If we get lucky we might just see a plume of smoke to find.

So, if my lead in the Gondite temple fails, we made a list of mines to check the entrances out, form most likely to least likely in our estimation:
  • Mine in the troll claws. Apparently leads to the upperdark?
  • Mine in cloakwood.
  • Mine outside of Nashkel
  • Mine near candlekeep

Anyway, feeling good about this now, and will see what happens.

Nwurk
Another grouchy orc
Mai'yth
The odd duck of the drow

Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:17 pm 

entry dated: Eleint 11th 1354 Nashkel

The murder of the sheriff in Beregost has really been bugging me. So after I finished talking about the mechanical constructs I mentioned the murder to Terri and her merry men. They naturally were out of touch on the subject, but they had a lot of information on the history of the place I did not know.

First idea was the old sheriff before o'din or whatever his name was murder. A, Sheriff de-Oca, I had to go dig through the watch's mail to get that name. Good thing the head Watchknight is an obsessive documenter. Hopefully Candlekeep never finds out about her abilities.

Anyways, old sheriff is likely a dead end lead, but was valuable to run it down, specifically:
  • Was Captain Kalma the pirate
  • Apparently was an ex-Fist guy
  • Apparently was a ex-Harper ( cannot blame him for that )
  • betrayed the fist to fight for Amn in the Amn/Gate war
  • was rewarded the office of sheriff in Beregost in exchange for his services
  • fist was the last to have him in custody, assumed dead.
Now they thought he might be back or something, but me, I do not see the fist not executing that guy for betraying them back in the war.

I asked about other assassinations in Beregost, really hoping to see if I could build a pattern or something. Was also a dead end. Only learned about someone named Ril, apparently some half-elf, who was attacked by another guy who was latter caught and tried. Apparently they let him go after this Ril person spoke up on his behalf. Odd affair all around, but everyone strongly felt it was unrelated.

I walked away though thinking I have to somehow pull this sheriff thread. If I was from Amn and I was in Beregost I would be extreemly angry about him dying, and I would look at the Lathanderites lack of success in finding the killer as damning. I am sure there will be violence if nobody tails that killer down.

Going to write something to the head watch knight. See if I cannot get official sanction for an investigation or something.

Nwurk
Another grouchy orc
Mai'yth
The odd duck of the drow

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:46 pm 

entry dated: Eleint 12th 1354 Nashkel

Went on another patrol yesterday, the 11th, starting north out of Nashkel to Beregost.

Ran into a distraught pilgrim on the way. Something about her family being kidnapped by Xvarts. I thought those Xvarts were harmless, but I guess it is smash and bash time.

I think I found her husband, maybe, surrounded by Xvarts. They wanted to talk maybe, not sure, something about meat and me being meat. It quickly turned into a fight, and I underestimated them. Her husband, I think I saw him get caught in a shamans fireblast and go down, but when I turned around I could not find his body? Maybe the Xvarts dragged him off? I searched the area, murdering Xvarts wholesale and searching there village. Found nothing. I wanted to raise him and was distraught about him disappearing.

Went back to give the pilgrim the bad news and she was gone.

The rest of the patrol was uneventful. Circle Beregost outside the fence, made sure I was seen, killed raiding goblins on the tradeway north of Beregost. Did not go into town for a drink, could not get the whole thing with the distraught pilgrim out of my mind.

Nwurk
Another grouchy orc
Mai'yth
The odd duck of the drow

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:18 pm 

I was able to get a tour of the Darius Trading Company today!

I was so wrong and so right about that place.

Firstly, the folks running that company are not smugglers, and are well-intentioned. They are also not running a trading company, but a manufactory! Very cool!

Secondly, there head of security is a well intentioned guy doing the best job he can. He is also sadly naive. I tried to explain to him how smuggling works with caravans and ships by relating my own experience, but he did not understand I was telling him what was happening behind his back. I do not think he is willing to look at his people like that yet.

People working those jobs, they see so much potential for money the greed always gets them. Normally the caravan owners look the other way to. It is a perk of the job. There is so much gold to be made by adding a little something to the shipment that the boss does not know about, that it is inevitable. Or carrying something on ones person, slipping into the bilge, whatever. With the head of security completely ignorant of how this works, I am sure that place is one of the largest smuggling operations in the Gate. Worst thing is, Lord Darius and his good people managing the place have no idea! They are moving to a mansion to, so it is only going to get worse when they depart the building.

I tried to hint they should hire the watch, but that went right over his head.

Anyway, the actual operation they put together is amazing! A short list of there industrial processes included:
  • they are rendering lamp oil from whale fat (highly flammable on the ground floor)
  • dabbling in brewery
  • vats of snails for making dye. Sea snails. This is good gold, and highly technical. Apparently they have people harvesting for them to.
  • dye making snails. They must have hired skilled labor for these to
  • lots of fish stuff. brine barrels, salted mostly, drying, salt stations, everything with fish
  • looked like barracks sleeping arrangement. With all the management downstairs pretty secure now, but they are moving into the palace district which I imagine will up the corruption considerably for them.
  • nice meeting rooms, great stain glass window
  • they offered to let me sleep upstairs. Nice place up there, bit scared to spend the night there though. When the (#2) hits the fan on the smuggling do not want to be casually associated. That said, very nice stage, performing area, fireplace, the whole bit.

Anyway, apparently they are moving to a mansion in east gate that is going to be a fortress or something. I imagine it will be very nice. I also imagine there current corruption issues will go through the roof. Will also leave their factory vulnerable.

If you remove the company men who run the place, the only security on the factory floor I saw was a single watchman who looked a bit inadequate, and a large golem. One guy with a torch with that whale oil and that place is going to burn. Probably will not be intentional when it happens, be just a worker mistake. Did not see any fire fighting equipment in there either. I should mention that to him when I see him next.

Nwurk
Another grouchy orc
Mai'yth
The odd duck of the drow

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:27 pm 

Bit sick of staying in the common rooms at Northern Lights, mentioned it to the Head Watchknight, and she suggested the "accommodations" at the House of the Guardian, along with a note they were a bit spartan.

Understatement of the year. Went looking around the House of the Guardian curious if they had anything . . . less spartan. Found a beholder in the basement! An ffing beholder in the basement! I need to leave the head watchknight a note about that now I think of it.

Also, going to change my address to the the House of the Guardian, sounds so much better then Northern Lights Inn Common Rooms.

But I realized I have enough gold to rent one of the guild meeting areas at the Northern Lights Inn for a month. Just going to move in there. No beds, but their couches are bigger then the common room beds and the House of the Guardian cots. And they have fireplaces. And Desks. Only 1200 gold a month. I can afford it. At least this month.

Besides, who can even sleep a the House of the Guardian knowing there is a beholder in the basement?!

Nwurk
Another grouchy orc
Mai'yth
The odd duck of the drow

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:01 pm 

So the Head Watchknight responded to my letter about an investigation in to the death of Sheriff de-Oca. Or whatever his name was.

Anyway, it seems she has been writing letters to the bloody radiant about the thing for months! And been ignored!

I am sure the Radiant is a wonderful spiritual leader and all that. But as a secular leader he is a bloodly imbecil of the first order! This stupid moron is going to get himself killed, and I am going to be the (hero) who gets stuck with the short end of the stick and has to pour gold down this throat!

I already hate the guy.

I can tell exactly how this is going to go:
  • The Amnian faction in down finds out about the Radiants . . . questionable activities
  • they riot. Some get killed. Call for Amn for protection.
  • Amn does not have anyone, they hire the watch, and give us orders to go in restore order, and cleanse the place of any treasonist activity. Lawful proper orders to, they are the lawful rulers.
  • The Radiant has put himself on the top of the treason list. So he gets executed traditional Amnian style. And nobody wants to do it. So it falls to the lowest guy on the totem pole. the new guy. Me. Already did one execution 25 years ago, first year with the Amberdraft. It sucked. It is bullshit if I get stuck with another!

ok, maybe I am being paranoid here. To many years on guard duty? But If I am right a whole (#2) ton of people are going to die when we retake that town with the sword.

Diplomacy with the Radiant is out. The Head Watchknight is the most diplomatic person I have ever met, and if that was going to work, it would have worked already. The (person) ignored her. He must not give a (#2) about who murdered the sheriff. To wrapped up in ecclesiastical matters?

What I need to figure out is some way to get the lawful ruler here, some guy named Axehand or some such, to give me lawful authority to compelled these lathederite idiots into cooperation. Not me, the watch. Give the watch lawful authority.

Anything real would work. Find or learn something of value, somehow get Axehands attention, and get him to say follow up! and I will be good to go.

With that Lathanderites completely uncooperative, I need to find a partner who can read people. Just ask about it on the street.

Need to be watchful though, odds are once I start asking whoever murdered the sheriff will be looking at me.

Now I just need to find someone who can read people.

Nwurk
Another grouchy orc
Mai'yth
The odd duck of the drow

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:23 pm 

*the following letter is delivered to the Phoenix Company Inn address to Terri*
*Valen also tucks a copy in his diary, and leaves a copy on the Head Watchknights desk*

Hello Terri,
Firstly, I was wrong about the Sheriff being murdered recently. Turns out he was murdered nearly six months ago!

It seems any attempt at an investigation fell flat. It is unclear, but I understand the Lathanderites were not exactly cooperative. I need to find something, maybe evidence, I can take to Bailiff Axehand, overseer of all of Northern Amn, to get the watch official authority to do an investigation. I have been granted permission for the Head Watchknight to try and find something.

I need a small party to go ask questions. Maybe three people total. Me being one of them.

I also need someone who is good at reading people. This is a six month old trail and the only evidence might be in how people react.

I also need someone who is good at spotting and searching things. I do not even know what I am searching for beyond clues to the sheriffs death.

If I can get two people with these talents, I feel I can start asking questions and poking around with a hope of success.

I do need to warn that this may not be a healthy activity. Once we start turning over haystacks whoever kill the sheriff is likely to take a negative interest in us.

Sincerely,
*signed*
Valen Rocksnow
House of the Guardian - Naskel

Nwurk
Another grouchy orc
Mai'yth
The odd duck of the drow

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next