BGTSCC Discord BGTSCC IRC

Server Address: game.bgtscc.net
60/96
Last counter update:
2018-11-17 19:28:10

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Valen's journal
Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:14 pm 

*entry dated: Eleint 12th 1354 Nashkel*

Did my patrol around Beregost for the day. Nothing surprising.

Started moving north from Nashkel, made sure I was seen at the edge of Beregost. Patrolled the road toward Gullykin, then north toward Candlekeep. The road north had goblins again. And I killed them again. Summoned an elder fire elemental this time. I figured since they like blowing themselves up it would be poetic to have them incarcerated.

In cloakwood encountered the scorpions again who attacked me on the road. I let the fire elemental ashify them. Also was attacked by a big fluffy bear. I kept the elemental back on that one, and left it dazed on the side of the road.

Avoided the whole Xvarts area. Every time I think of heading back wonder what happened to that pilgrim.

After the patrol went and had a drink at the wizard bar or whatever it is called in Beregost. Tried to say hi to the waitress, she just blew me off sharply. Drank my amber at one of the tables and left. Nobody seems to talk to me in this town.

The greatest adventurer of all time
Nwurk
Another grouchy orc
Mai'yth
The odd duck of the drow

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:21 pm 

Received a note back from the Head Watchknight.

Apparently the "Beholder" is some holy Helmite Spectator that quote "guards holy sites of the Helmite faith".

Well it certainly has a enough eyes to spectate. All those eyes give me the hebbyjeebies. They do not seem to blink, just all stare right at me.

The beholder I mean Spectator in the basement is sure a reminder I did not just sign up with another mercenary company. This is a religion to.

note to self: Avoid the basement.

Nwurk
Another grouchy orc
Mai'yth
The odd duck of the drow

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:52 am 

Slept like (#2) last night. Kept having nightmares about all those staring eyes. I am not even in the same building, and its not like a beholder Spectator can see through walls . . . can it?

This is getting silly. I have not had nightmares this bad since I had to be an executioner 25 bloody years ago. I wonder if that is what this is about with the most stupid Radiant?

It looks a lot like a grey colored beholder. Probably attacks like a beholder to. I can kick the (#2) out of a beholder, why am I letting this get to me? ok, so I do not actually know that.

I wonder if anyone knows of a beholder here in the sword coast? I should ask around. If there is one, I can murder it and get this (#2) behind me.

Nwurk
Another grouchy orc
Mai'yth
The odd duck of the drow

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:53 pm 

*entry dated: Eleint 13th 1354 Nashkel*

Was headed north on the tradeway just north of Nashkel, came across another person who lost people to the Xvarts.

This time did a lot better. Found a Xvart hunting party. Organized with them, and we hit the Xvarts together. Murdered all the blue nastys we saw. Managed to rescue the pilgrim to.

Starting to take a real dislike for Xvarts.

Nwurk
Another grouchy orc
Mai'yth
The odd duck of the drow

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:31 pm 

That mission was brutal, but we found Grawin or whatever his name was, and reunited him with his appreciate. The others found out a bunch of information, but I am thoroughly confused.

Instead of writing this in my journal, I should prepare an official report. I am a wizard, I have a good memory right?! Blah, I am an old man and my memory for names is going to (#2). I need to write this down before I forget them!

Still, would only write this once, so might as well do it all formal for the watch. And then just have someone make copies.

I still need to do a patrol today? The Gods I am burnt out and tired after that mission. Wonder if anyone will notice if I skip it? Maybe I will feel better after writing this report. Where to start . . .

Nwurk
Another grouchy orc
Mai'yth
The odd duck of the drow

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:37 pm 

*entry edited: Eleint 15th 1354 Nashkel*
Vendor kindly issued me a corrected version, will put that here instead of the incorrect version.

You recieve a letter from Ven:

"Hello Valen,

thank you for the report. But i like to correct some things. Also I can tell you that I took a samle of the Iron.

Below is a corrected version of your report.

Clock roach investigation and Tinker Grawin Rescue

Squad list:
Valen of the Watch
Harlos of the Ebonblade
Terri of Phoenix Company
Vendor of Phoenix Company
Natariel of Phoenix Company
Sane of the Elder Circle - Arch Druid

We spoke before hand, not sure what all was related. But here are some things I remember:
  • Natariel & Vendor met a black armored female golem. The golem challenges people to fight and doesn't speak.
  • Black armored golem ran into tiefling woman who had a huge golem.
  • the black armored female golem fighting undead, undead were seeking some sort of items
  • no clock roaches were in the area where the above all happened
  • but undead with crossbows and tieflings with probably gnomeish crossbows
  • Vendor saw gnome or halfing tracks in the Trollpeaks where a battle between the undead and the masked tieflings took place. the tracks lead to the Fields of the Dead.
  • abandon mine exists in trollclaw area
  • tieflings has probably well crafted gnomish crossbows, Vendor showed his to me, it was splendid weapon. Best I have ever seen. I want one.
  • undead in the fields of the dead seemed seperate from clock roach problem.
  • ingredients to make the clock roach monster were one vial of devils blood, one of demons, one pouch of diamond dust
  • The Tieflings fight against the undead. They probably stick with the golem.

We went into the temple, encountered one of Grawin's appreciates, Valrik, learned he had been gone for a tenday, last seen fields of the dead. Went there to see a humanoid golem rumored to be in the area. Went off to the fields of the dead to find Grawin.

Arriving at the fields of the dead encountered some tieflings. With crossbows. Looking for a gnome, although they did not admit it, Terri picked up on them whispering. They had murdered a madman, going through is loot. They made a translated schematic for us. Tipped us off about madmen in the area.

We moved to where we found the old lab. Ran into another group of Madmen. They were doing some ritual for a female deity. Involved lots or murder and smearing blood on oneself. We killed them all. Complete lunatics. Actually, not that much different from the guy who made the schematic. Vendor was going to track them, but instead he found gnome tracks.

We followed the gnome tracks into an old vault of dead things. Put large numbers of undead to rest. Disarmed large numbers of traps. Followed the gnome tracks to an arcane lab. Coincidentally one for making Clock roaches that spit acid. Which were guarding the room Grawin and his crew were in and the lab. Was the lab built after they fled there?. Lots of iron there and other stuff. Sane and I saved Grawin's life. The others investigated the lab, I need to get a report from them, and then we left with Grawin and his crew. Went to the Phoenix Company Inn, which worked out well with the Grawin crew. We need to question Grawin's appreciates.

Even though I cannot make a full report of the lab, I can make the following notes:
  • blue glowy thing on the ground
  • someone found a blueprint for something
  • Grawin was wounded / incapacitated by an Axe, not able to give full account to what happened.
  • area was warded from teleportation
  • Terri made a combine essence wand from a scroll she found in there
  • Found lots of iron and other ingredients. Vendor took a sample of the iron.
  • Natariel looted some demonblood

At the Phoenix Company Inn we spoke to Grawin and learned the following:
  • tampering with human souls is vile and horrific
  • the mechanical clock roaches do not have souls, and were not given
  • standard golems are made with elemental spirits, which are not souls
  • the madmen we fought most likely had their souls intact
  • Grawin and his party were driven into the caves by the crazied madmen
  • his appreciates setup barricades. Question, how made the traps?
  • Grawin never saw the black female golem
  • Grawin thought the black female golem was a person wearing armor. Idea was rejected by Vendor and others. My thought: What about a gnome wearing power clockwork armor?
  • Golems are created by binding elemental spirits, with geas, and can at most do simple actions
  • clockworks frequently do not have elemental spirits bound to them, but they could
  • reiterated binding souls to constructs is a dark art, and vile to consider
  • two women came by the temple when his appreciate made its first . . . wait a second, I thought this guy had a bunch of appreciates. Why was he referring to one appreciate? who is he referring to?
  • the two women were fiendblood-tiefling, the other looked elven decedent, gold hair. Names were Lilian or Lylan and Crow or Dead Crow.
  • two woman were interested in capturing fey souls and binding them to a golem
  • the two women had a picture of a doll, with no face, and a list of gems, asking if soul could be bound to it
  • showed him blueprints for clock roach and iron golem
  • indicated not work of a madman, but rather man of disorganized genius, frightening. Not of the wonder bringer.
  • felt the machines were being made perhaps for amusement
  • these machines were powered by clock work and elemental spirits, not souls
  • best not mention souls to the author of those machines

We ended the mission there, thought to organize our thoughts on all that we learned.

*signed*
Valen Rocksnow
Cadet
Everwatch Knights - Nashkel
I hope I will be part of the next mission and meet you there.

Mieliiki bless you

Vendor Xon"

Hidden: show
Clock roach investigation and Tinker Grawin Rescue

Squad list:
Valen of the Watch
Harlos of the Ebonblade
Terri of Phoenix Company
Vendor of Phoenix Company
Natariel of Phoenix Company
Sane of the Elder Circle - Arch Druid

We spoke before hand, not sure what all was related. But here are some things I remember:
  • Natariel & Vendor met a black armored female golem
  • Black armored golem ran into tiefling woman who had a huge golem.
  • teifling woman was fighting undead, undead were seeking some sort of items
  • or maybe it was the black armored female golem who attacked undead who were seeking items
  • no clock roaches were in the area where the above all happened
  • but gnomes with crossbows? or was it tieflings with gnomeish crossbows?
  • Vender was searching for a gnome or halfing in the Trollpeaks
  • Vender saw gnome tracks from Boarsky bridge where he started
  • Vendor saw gnome teleport to trollclaw region
  • abandon mine exists in trollclaw area
  • tieflings has well crafted gnomish crossbows, showed it to me, it was splendid weapon. Best I have ever seen. I want one.
  • undead in the fields of the dead seemed seperate from clock roach problem
  • ingredients to make the clock roach monster were one vial of devils blood, one of demons, one pouch of diamond dust
  • Vendor fought the Teiflings with a guy named Lambe, some sort of ranger

We went into the temple, encountered one of Grawin's appreciates, Valrik, learned he had been gone for a tenday, last seen fields of the dead. Went there to see a humanoid golem rumored to be in the area. Went off to the fields of the dead to find Grawin.

Arriving at the fields of the dead encountered some tieflings. With crossbows. Looking for a gnome, although they did not admit it, Terri picked up on them whispering. They had murdered a madman, going through is loot. They made a translated schematic for us. Tipped us off about madmen in the area.

We moved to where we found the old lab. Ran into another group of Madmen. They were doing some ritual for a female deity. Involved lots or murder and smearing blood on oneself. We killed them all. Complete lunatics. Actually, not that much different from the guy who made the schematic. Vendor was going to track them, but instead he found gnome tracks.

We followed the gnome tracks into an old vault of dead things. Put large numbers of undead to rest. Disarmed large numbers of traps. Followed the gnome tracks to an arcane lab. Coincidentally one for making Clock roaches that spit acid. Which were guarding the room Grawin and his crew were in and the lab. Was the lab built after they fled there?. Lots of iron there and other stuff. Sane and I saved Grawin's life. The others investigated the lab, I need to get a report from them, and then we left with Grawin and his crew. Went to the Phoenix Company Inn, which worked out well with the Grawin crew. We need to question Grawin's appreciates.

Even though I cannot make a full report of the lab, I can make the following notes:
  • blue glowy thing on the ground
  • someone found a blueprint for something
  • Grawin was wounded / incapacitated by an Axe, not able to give full account to what happened.
  • area was warded from teleportation
  • Terri made a combine essence wand from a scroll she found in there
  • Found lots of iron and other ingredients
  • Natariel looted some demonblood

At the Phoenix Company Inn we spoke to Grawin and learned the following:
  • tampering with human souls is vile and horrific
  • the mechanical clock roaches do not have souls, and were not given
  • standard golems are made with elemental spirits, which are not souls
  • the madmen we fought most likely had their souls intact
  • Grawin and his party were driven into the caves by the crazied madmen
  • his appreciates setup barricades. Question, how made the traps?
  • Grawin never saw the black female golem
  • Grawin thought the black female golem was a person wearing armor. Idea was rejected by Vendor and others. My thought: What about a gnome wearing power clockwork armor?
  • Golems are created by binding elemental spirits, with geas, and can at most do simple actions
  • clockworks frequently do not have elemental spirits bound to them, but they could
  • reiterated binding souls to constructs is a dark art, and vile to consider
  • two women came by the temple when his appreciate made its first . . . wait a second, I thought this guy had a bunch of appreciates. Why was he referring to one appreciate? who is he referring to?
  • the two women were fiendblood-tiefling, the other looked elven decedent, gold hair. Names were Lilian or Lylan and Crow or Dead Crow.
  • two woman were interested in capturing fey souls and binding them to a golem
  • the two women had a picture of a doll, with no face, and a list of gems, asking if soul could be bound to it
  • showed him blueprints for clock roach and iron golem
  • indicated not work of a madman, but rather man of disorganized genius, frightening. Not of the wonder bringer.
  • felt the machines were being made perhaps for amusement
  • these machines were powered by clock work and elemental spirits, not souls
  • best not mention souls to the author of those machines

We ended the mission there, thought to organize our thoughts on all that we learned.

*signed*
Valen Rocksnow
Cadet

Nwurk
Another grouchy orc
Mai'yth
The odd duck of the drow

Last edited by Memories on Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:39 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:42 pm 

That mission report was brutal. Going to skip the patrol tonight. And skip hunting down that beholder. Still, I know now what I need to do next with those Clock roach things.
  • interrogate those appreciates. To many coincident things to buy there.
  • follow that iron supply back to whence it came
  • maybe visit mines if the above idea fails, mines in the troll claws.

Nwurk
Another grouchy orc
Mai'yth
The odd duck of the drow

Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:56 am 

((( OOC, the below was not intended to be forum RP, but because I forgot to tell the DM I planned for it to be in game, my next mission proposal became forum RP. My apologies to every who was cut out.

*entry dated: Eleint 14th 1354 Nashkel*

Tinker Grawin apprentice follow up questions

Squad list:
Valen

I went back and asked the apprentices some questions. I learned:
  • most of the barricades we encountered on the way down has been placed by someone else. Only the barricade on the door leading to where they were hiding was theirs
  • one of the appreciates said she set the traps. But she had not made them. Vague on where she obtained them from.
  • the lab was not setup when they came down the first time and hid in the room. All they saw were boxes and a crane. What we found when we were there was built while they were hiding in the room next door.
  • they said they ran past a total of two mechanical clock roaches on the way in. There were more then two when we pasted through. It seems additional defenses were emplaced after they fled past.
  • they reiterated they did not build the clock roaches, but would love to if they could
  • the appreciate that botched the project was the new guy, Valrik. Oddly enough, it seems Valrik was not there. I had spoke to Valrik at the temple of Gond to give him the good news of his master being back, and I thought he went straight to Phoenix Company after. Need to inquire about Valrik's current location. Is Valrik our genius?
  • When I left the lodge I saw Grawin looking very sad and examining the broke mechanical toy soldier of his. He seemed very attached to it, and but did not want to talk. Could someone approach him about it? Not sure how to go about it. Maybe offer to get parts he needs to fix it?

After speaking with Grawin's apprenciates and Grawin, I tried to make my way back to the lab we found under the fields of the dead. The thing was swarming with undead, and I was not able to find a way. I became lost. Something hit me from behind, punched through my armor. I was hurt, bad, it took all my concentration to cast the teleportation out of there.

I think going back to the lab the way we went to get Grawin is a dead end. Maybe there is another entrance.

*signed*
Valen

Nwurk
Another grouchy orc
Mai'yth
The odd duck of the drow

Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:10 pm 

Sleeping at the Pheonix Company Inn last night? Good idea - no nightmares, but I was dead tired

Talking with the Gnome apprenciates this morning? Good idea

Trying to find that Lab under the fields of the dead by myself? Awful idea.

This is the first time in my life I have seriously injured myself. I guess a sucking chest wound is the God's way of telling me to slow down.

I teleported right to the outside of the entrance to Nashkel. The guards did not even blink when a bloody dying adventurer dropped out of nowhere in front of them. Do they see this every day?!

They did not move to help me. Although, maybe they would have given time. I was lucky, some Helmite pilgrims helped / dragged me to the House of the Guardian. I think they saw my cloak and assumed I was a knight or something.

I had to wait in line to see the priest. It was embarrassing. Ridiculous. Four pilgrims + me coughing blood and making a mess. You would think my cloak would mean something. I suppose the priest just figured if I died he would raise me or something. Who knows. And he charged me for the heal! Like I was any other adventurer! sigh. No perks working here.

I crashed in the quarters afterward for several hours. I was totally beat. These cots are barely big enough, and I see now I have smeared blood on it. Must have been from my cloak, it is full of blood. Oh (#2). I can already hear the academy Sargent screaming in the back of my head like the pissant he was about uniform reflecting some BS about the academy. What was that now, 34 years ago? (#2) never changes.

I suppose I should get moving before anyone important notices my less then perfect bloody cloak. Who decided white was a good color for a soldier anyway?! Moron. And the cot. I wonder if the innkeeper knows someone who can clean this? I wonder who ended up having to clean up the chapel after I passed through? Probably should hunt down whoever did it and give them a tip or something.

Nwurk
Another grouchy orc
Mai'yth
The odd duck of the drow

Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:11 pm 

So I put together the mission plan to hunt for the disarrayed mind behind the clock work attacks and sent out the letters.

I visited the innkeeper, and he laughed at me when I asked about getting my cloak cleaned. I told him I did not really have a choice in the matter. He pointed out the large gaping hole in it, mentioned that was not going to wash out, and suggested I see a villager in town who will "solve my problem".

Turns out there is a villager who has a side business in making white cloaks are are nearly duplicate to the ones the Everwatch uses, but without the grey symbol of Helm. After selling me a perfect white cloak he pointed me to another villager, who in turn carefully transferred the symbol of Helm from my old cloak to my new one. And cleaned it. Two hours later my cloak would pass any inspection.

I am impressed. With the efficiency of the operation, I can only assume I am not the first soldier to use it.

Also was able to get the covering for the cot washed, but when I returned to put it back on the cot, someone else had already replaced it.

I really should tip the person who cleaned my mess in the chapel. But I have been reluctant to ask questions about it because I do not want to be fingered as the guilty party. I went looking for the pilgrims that helped me, but no luck finding them.

The guards here are always watching me, but do not talk much. I wonder if I am not fooling anyone with all this running around? Anyway, I should try to get a patrol done tonight yet. And maybe look into beholders on the coast when I get a chance. I need to get that monster out of my dreams.

Nwurk
Another grouchy orc
Mai'yth
The odd duck of the drow

Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:46 pm 

*entry dated: Eleint 15th 1354 Nashkel*

Did my patrol around Beregost yesterday. Same old same oh. Made sure I was seen with my Everwatch cloak. Murdered goblins on the northern trade way. Left bears knocked silly near high hedge.

Afterward I went beholder hunting, started along the Uldoon trail. Found two caves, no beholders. Ambushed by bandits in both.

Gave up on that plan, went to the campfire at Friendly Arm Inn. Meet some interesting people, including a big Helmite Paladin. That guy had to be more then human. Also met a great fighter that I sadly have already forgotten the name of, and some archer who was with a ship called the Seawolf.

They knew where I could find a beholder, and the archer proved to be very effective at finding our way through secret doors. The fight against the beholder was a disappointment. Between the clever and the scythe, eyes went flying everywhere. We were looking at each other say this was easy! and then realized the archer had been turned into a statue.

Bit embarrassing that. Apparently beholders are actually dangerous. Does that mean the Specator in the basement can turn me into stone? The archer said the last thing she recalled was looking at one of the eyes.

That leaves me with two notes:
Avoid the basement
Do not look the monster in the eye! . . . or eyes

Nwurk
Another grouchy orc
Mai'yth
The odd duck of the drow

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:02 pm 

*entry dated: Eleint 16th 1354 Nashkel*

No much to say about yesterday.

Another boring patrol around Beregost. Made sure my ever watch cloak was seen. Killed some goblins on the north trade way. No bears this time near high hedge, although ashified two scorpions.

Nwurk
Another grouchy orc
Mai'yth
The odd duck of the drow

Last edited by Memories on Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:02 pm 

The good news is I see this morning the Head Watchknight approved my idea for petitioning Axehand. Bad news is she said to only get Amnians to sign it.

How the (do-me) am I supposed to know who is from Amn and who is not?!

The good news is I know the following are from Amn:
The horse herders
The Craumerdaun family - are these the horse herders?
The non-Lathanderite guardsmen - Apparently these guys are expensive for Amn to support because they are non-local. And Amn wants to recall them to go fight some war down south.
The stable guys - horse people are said to be from Amn ((( OOC UDoorin, Thodak
Anyone in the barracks (((OOC Quartermaster Montes of the Amn guard, Adjutant Roberto

I also know the following are not from Amn:
The Temple to Lathander.
The Risen Phoenix inn - Sign refers to it being rebuilt from the Ashes, probably means owner is pre-war
The Travenhurst Manor - if these were Amnian, the Head Watchkinght would have said so

Unknown:
Thunderhammer smithy
The Badger guy (((OOC Jaspen McGee
The guy who hates the badger (((OOC Dobran Stillface
Street Merchants
Random people on the street ((( OOC Ed, Jessie Gardener

So, the people with Amn, the Amnian guardsmen could be touchy. This is there job, and basically saying they failed. They already know that. Argue that a 3rd party respected by all people in town may be able to make headway. Law, duty, honor, all that. Need to maybe refine this a bit.

The Amnian civilians are likely motivated by fear. Focus on upholding the law equally for everyone in town. People should not be murdered just because they are from Amn. Need to refine this.

The unknowns, hmm. Maybe open with were you here before the war? What was beregost like? If they answer yes, then no petition for them. If no, that puts them post war and likely Amnian orgin. Still need to refine how I go about this though.

Upside is I likely can get Terri from the company to help me. She said something about having some sort of bond from protesting or something. Hopefully that works.

Nwurk
Another grouchy orc
Mai'yth
The odd duck of the drow

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:18 am 

Another day, another patrol. No kidnapped helmites today. A good thing, maybe the Xvarts are getting the message.

Made sure me and my everwatch cloak was seen by Beregost again.

murdered goblins again on the tradeway north of Beregost.

The elemental killed a bear today, it happened fast, before I could call it off.

Encountered an adventuring party on patrol. Helped a hin identify items. Curiously he had a rod of Resurrection.

Besides that, not much to report.

Nwurk
Another grouchy orc
Mai'yth
The odd duck of the drow

Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:40 am 

*entry dated: Eleint 18th 1354 Nashkel*

Missed my patrol yesterday. Feeling a bit guilty. Hopefully nobody noticed.

Put together the petition for Beregost investigation. Hopefully everyone is fine with it. Sent out some letters begging for help with that, hopefully that works out to. It actually look a lot long to do that then I thought it would.

Been thinking about the role I am playing here, bit more then a guardsmen. Perhaps I should start picking up some languages? The Orc problems up north suggest Orcish, the mention of mines going into the upperdark imply undercommon, the whole blueprints were in infernal or abyssal. I could actually just learn them all, but suspect it is going to take a while to just learn one.

Wonder if I just walk into Candlekeep's front door and ask about a language primer what will happen? I should give it a try soon.

I have a patrol coming up on the 30th, but way more worried about the 29th. A priest is going to introduce us to the faith. That should be easy cakes, but ever since finding that thing in the basement been . . . thinking a lot about the whole religion side of this. That thing in the basement really is a monster. The upside is I can just go along with everything until I get my own feelings sorted out.

Nwurk
Another grouchy orc
Mai'yth
The odd duck of the drow

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next