Weight: 170 lbs.
Hair: Black, but currently shaved
Facial Hair Style: None
Personality Profile: Polite and humble, often self-deprecating. May have self-esteem issues.
General Health: A little underfed, but otherwise fair
Deity: Curious about Tyr, worships others as necessary
Initial Alignment: Chaotic Good
Profession: Street rat, Acolyte of Candlekeep (he still thinks this is so cool)
Base Class & Proposed Development: Wizard
Habits/Hobbies: Scraping by, learning, trying to better himself
Languages: Common, Chondathan, Alzhedo, Illuskan, Dwarven, Halfling
Weapon of Choice: Dagger, staff
Elias was born in the Baldur's Gate Docks District to a fisherman and a seamstress. His early years were happy enough, and he spent a lot of time playing in the streets, going fishing with his father, and learning how to read from his mother.
Then the Amn-Gate War left Elias orphaned and homeless. He turned to petty thievery and odd jobs to survive. He made friends with a fellow orphan named Jenny, and they supported each other in the new lifestyle that had been forced upon them by the war.
A reclusive old man in the Docks District gave Elias and Jenny many of their odd jobs. They would deliver mysterious packages to and from the old man, always meeting him at a door in a small alley. The old man was strange and grumpy, but paid relatively well. Elias asked no questions, and was simply grateful for a decent source of income.
One day, Elias realized he hadn't seen Jenny in more than a tenday. Worried, he went to Jenny's hideout to look for her, but couldn't find her. Elias looked around for clues as to her whereabouts. Stashed in a corner of Jenny's hideout was one of the old man's packages; it had been opened. Inside the package was the burned-out shell of a black onyx gem... and the severed head of a zombie. Horrified, Elias thought about what to do.
Elias realized he couldn't go to the city watch, because he might be accused of helping a necromancer. He was on his own. Elias decided to sneak into the old man's home to look for Jenny.
The young man managed to get inside, but he was too late. Jenny had already been turned into a zombie. To avenge his friend, Elias set fire to Jenny and the old man's lab. Elias managed to escape with a spellbook, a bag of coins, and a silver dagger.
Fearing the old necromancer would find him, Elias cut off all his hair and left the city.
Since leaving Baldur's Gate, Elias has gotten better at magic, met a woman, and found a new home at Candlekeep (which still blows his mind).
- To get better at this "magic thing"
- To someday fully avenge his friend by dealing with the old necromancer directly
- To better his lot in life
- The old necromancer probably has a good idea of who set fire to his home. What he plans to do about it, however, is completely unknown to Elias.
- Elias has seen a lot of unfairness in his life, and he questions whether justice truly exists in the world. He has heard that Tyr is the god of justice, and wonders what that actually means. So far, Elias figures that the only justice that exists is the justice people make for themselves.
- Elias doesn't exactly enjoy picking locks and stealing things, but he's had to do it to survive so much that it doesn't really bother him anymore.
- Elias is mostly unaware of this, but he is a genius. He assumes that pretty much anyone could decipher a spellbook on their own.