BGTSCC Discord BGTSCC IRC

Server Address: game.bgtscc.net
59/96
Last counter update:
2018-11-17 19:32:26

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Persistent Spells
Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:27 pm 

Hammer_Song wrote:
What's Dalelands got to do with this?

The spell is unchanged on both servers so please do not try to pretend this spell works differently in this server than other servers. I didn't read everything else because you're trying to be fallacious. One of the reason I don't engage in arguments is because people will put their pride first rather than use logic. I will say it again, both spells are unchanged in both servers. If you got persistant spell in this server, the result would be the same in a place like Dalelands, ToA, or PoS as well as this server, in which would have to roll a one in order to be messed up. It does not take one hit to kill as you exaggerated. You can still move and use potion, you just can't fight back and you walk slightly slower. I just threw my 2 cents at the issue because I've tried the spell persistent and it's useless except against low level NPCs.

Now if you want to pretend this spell doesn't work the same as other servers, go right ahead as I won't stop you, but you will be arguing by yourself as I don't read nonsense or sling mud.

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:27 pm 
Quality Control

Sorry but blade weave is super useful as extended spell. Enemies roll a 1 a lot more than they should (as do pcs) because of the way nwn2 RNG works. Even if it was truly random, 7 APR means it will effect an enemy once every 3 rounds of all attacks hit, but even if it's once per 5 rounds that's a good investment of a spell slot.

My Bladesinger ideas Namarra rapier because 50% on for sleep effect fires enough to make gnolls in Reaching Woods fall asleep in every battle. Add blade weave and he can take on 5 gnolls and have 3 of them either asleep or dazed at all times. Having 2 attackers is far less dangerous to your pcs health than 5.

Chord Silverstrings - Bard and OSR Squire / Tarent Nefzen - Arcane Wand Merchant and Master Alchemist / Irrace Arkentlar - Drow Adventurer / Finneaus Du'Veil - Gem Merchant and Executive Officer of SCCE

Tarent's Wands and Elixirs

A Wand Crafter's guide to using wands

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:35 pm 

Maybe a PC will be able to move or use potions (not sure on this point) but the AI won’t, it’ll just make the creatures stand there for one round and absorb hits. 1 round of free hits from a melee bard = dead for the majority of pve mobs. I’m not really sure where you’re pulling “one hit to kill” comments from as I never said that.
The end story is this, myself and quite a few others have found great use out of a low level spell that you’ve largely written off. The same as others write off weapons with low DC on-hit properties, they dont understand how valuable and effective they are with many attacks per round against pve mobs. Anyway, this is now too off topic, so I’ll leave it here. Hopefully one day you’ll get some enjoyment out of a server you try.

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:56 pm 

chad878262 wrote:
Sorry but blade weave is super useful as extended spell. Enemies roll a 1 a lot more than they should (as do pcs) because of the way nwn2 RNG works. Even if it was truly random, 7 APR means it will effect an enemy once every 3 rounds of all attacks hit, but even if it's once per 5 rounds that's a good investment of a spell slot.

My Bladesinger ideas Namarra rapier because 50% on for sleep effect fires enough to make gnolls in Reaching Woods fall asleep in every battle. Add blade weave and he can take on 5 gnolls and have 3 of them either asleep or dazed at all times. Having 2 attackers is far less dangerous to your pcs health than 5.

My point was bladeweave, whether extend or persisted, is harmless in the long run except against weak enemies. Also i agree the RNG as I have said countless times about RNG towards AC is bugged NPC/PC tend to roll 20s when going against you.

Last edited by ARHicks00 on Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:01 pm 

Hammer_Song wrote:
Anyway, this is now too off topic, so I’ll leave it here. Hopefully one day you’ll get some enjoyment out of a server you try.

Currently, playing a pure fighter who uses Shield bash with all the feats and liking it so far. He does a lot of damage and has a fair amount of AC. I was going to play a solar channeler or a bard, but there are no real bard feats or persistent spell feat

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:05 pm 
Global Admin

The OP's question appears to have been asked and answered. Now that the discussion's far off topic, I'll go ahead and lock it. Build discussions are best held here: viewforum.php?f=64

At this time, there is no discussion going on development/design-side about turning the "persistent spell" feat back on.

Something like that would be fairly low priority right now, though, as it's not one of the 2020 server goals we're currently working towards, and it would cost a good deal of time in discussion re: balancing the feat and the spells it affects for the server's existing content.

As someone said earlier, "never say never," but I don't see something like this happening this year.

- Server Rules and Information
- Supporting BG:TSCC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3