An Information Depot and Roleplaying Forum for the Server's Annual Campaigns

Moderators: Moderator, DM

Steve
Recognized Donor

Re: The Farmlands Refugee Camp

Unread post by Steve » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:26 am

Wyatt wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:05 am
*Fox would seek out Henryk, when next he is in the camp. He approaches, an easy smile on his lips and a mischievous twinkle in his eye.*
It would be with ease that the Copper Fox finds Henryk, the knight errant this day adding details to the swordsmanship of a few of the Tymount Ten that have taken to bladework, over hammers, or other weapons of choice.

When the Fox does engage the knight errant, in immediate politeness, Henryk lets the Fox speak until fully spoken, then, to the Fox, Henryk holds up a gloved hand, to bit him to stop.

"Fox...let me hold your query there, for before I may say a thing to you more, for it is that I am capable to answer so many of your questions, I cannot proceed without addressing...You. Heritage is that which defines us before we may define ourselves, in Faith and Action, and as I and all Glory do witness, you carry the heritage of the Devil in your blood, sir! I am ashamed to have not seen it, mine eyes at times focused on the Divine Image of a thing more than the appearance, and it was not until we parted that your heritage, this...tail, which speaks louder than words...it has, I can say no other way, assaulted my thoughts and brought me to say unto myself that, when the Fox would next arrive to my presence, I would hold him to an account of his heritage, and the taint that he must exist with, day by day.

So before we speak more on others, these Tymountians and their future, speak boldly now on your nature, Fox. How is it that you may deny the blood that flows in your veins, that being the blood of the Devils that you have spoken—at least among the Tymounts—is the same blood that you would fight against, in their Tymount name?

If you are such a being in conflict, and Just acts, mercy and truth are beliefs you follow to hold at bay the Evil that resides in you, then...I see in you a Crusade to be a better "Man" that what stirs inside, and with that, I may crusade alongside you. But if you deny any Evil flows within you from a source, whether desired or not but received in birth, then how could I but consider your words hollow and only sly in order to befool?"

The knight errant speaks long...so very long...but not with a tone of malice, but a evenness that may display his own skill in diplomacy, in order to the facts stand, and an argument given, which to all, when finished and convincing, would allow for a just decision to be found.
mrm3ntalist wrote:You will have to nerf everything

Storybuilding

|> Henryk UrdeSword of Justice
|> Simsae OrcslayerStonesinger of the Telormar Gultor & citizen of the Kingdom of Kraak Helzak
|> Preceptor Phasorin ZauPurification through Fire

Wyatt
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Wyatt » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:23 pm

*The copper haired sailor sighs sadly as he listens to the knight's soliloquy. He nods as his speech drags on, silently acknowledging the knight's concerns as he explains them. He glances irritably at the tail, the source of the man's ire, swatting at it with one gloved hand. Finally, as the knight concludes his confrontation, Fox's eyes meet his and he speaks.*

"I must admit that I may not have the words to allay your fears, good sir knight. This origin of which you speak, and of which I am apparently guilty, is newly learned to me as well. All these questions you have asked, have been repeated in my own mind these last tendays and has forced me to doubt all that I had come to know about my youth, my past and my family. All I can ask is for your temperance. I have long been a servant of the commoners hereabouts. I have fought against the very devilish creatures with which you group me not a tenday past, surrounded by others with which I share common purpose. I would not make claim that my assistance was essential, but it was the least I could do to help drive back the devil driven horde of trolls in the moors."

"As my recently discovered origins cast an apparent miasma over all the good I have tried to do in these lands, I suppose I can only fall upon the testament of those whom I name friend, perhaps hoping they can lend a more believable, to your ears at least, credibility to the nature of my character. Alas, I have not seen many of them since my return but perhaps there are still some who would bear witness. In any case, I beg you. Let me help these gentle folk. I humbly submit myself to your supervision, if that must be a condition of my aid. These folks are worth bearing your suspicions for."

Steve
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Steve » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:40 pm

The knight errant replies to the Fox:

"The humble act of submitting one's self before judgement, speaks large to the character of a...man," says Henryk, still showing a problem to speak on the Fox's heritage. "I am not given the place to be your judge, Fox...but a code by which any Being does live, shall just as much define them as by their birthright."

"I, Henryk of house Urde, Sword of Tyr, do say in truth that I will not stand in your way as you give unto the Tymountians your resources and your largess. You may prove yourself as you desire to prove yourself, and to yourself...and others shall judge that as they may."

"But let it be clear, between you and I...where you to falter in your way, and the Evil that may course in your blood would take control of your actions and Being, I would be the first to stand upright and with blade and hand, fell such Evil and lay it upon the ground. Let us give into Divine Faith, that such shall never come to be."

The knight errant ends his reply in a matter-of-fact-nesss in tone, yet seems altogether able to accept the Fox as is, in the moment, as the Fox's deeds back up the recent words spoken.

"Now then...you say you have fared well in negotiations with the Golden Wheel...which have shown support for many a prior moment to the refugees. But there is as well the Golden Arrow company, that have pledged toward the Cause for a New Tymount. Beyond that, even more pledges have developed toward a long term prospect for the Tymountians that remain in good Faith to regaining what has been unjustly taken from them...but I cannot speak more, at this time.

Some patience is required, Fox. But that does not mean acts must be put to a pause. Continue forth, I can only say, in your good works...and when I can speak more to you on the Cause, I will."

Storybuilding

|> Simsae OrcslayerStonesinger of the Telormar Gultor & citizen of the Kingdom of Kraak Helzak

Wyatt
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Wyatt » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:20 am

The Fox returns to the refugee camp after some time away, a smile on his face and bounce in his step. He saunters among the people, slapping backs and telling lighthearted jokes."

"Chins up, good people. It can't rain all the time, even on the Sword Coast. Help is coming, don't you doubt it. Look for a wagon around the 28th of Ches and know that you shall always be on my heart."

*He then turns to Henryk, grinning broadly.*

"I've just come from Nashkel, good sir knight, and came straight here to let these goodly folk know. The Golden Wheel will be delivering a full wagonload of much needed supplies on or about the 28th of Ches. I have secured this shipment, signed and certified. *He holds up a rolled parchment. A contract perhaps?* "I plan on accompanying the wagon from Nashkel to the camp should time permit. I do, however have a small favor to ask. One that should not strain you unduly. Should something befall me, I hope that you would act as my second and render payment for the shipment when it arrives. I would not have these people suffer should I be unavailable. I of course will leave you copy of the contract and my personal marker for the remaining amount to be paid in full on receipt of goods. What say you good sir knight?"

Steve
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Steve » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:44 pm

Wyatt wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:20 am
What say you good sir knight?"[/b]
"Goodman Fox, if you see it to entrust me with funds-to-be-paid toward a shipment that will soon arrive for those Souls still at camp, here, in the Farmlands, than be certain that you can take my Word into Trust and I shall pay it on your behalf, to the proper recipient, in chance that your self will not be present to do so.

Furthermore, it would be my pleasure to ask of the Tymount Ten who train under me...and at times with the Golden Arrow company, and single skilled individuals who make it their business to equip the Peoples of Tymount with skills to once again operate as a Township...to ask them to be hands and shoulders for the distribution of said goods, and keep watchful eye upon them, when they are stored before and during use.

As you are correct, your request would not burden me, and that I shall accept the task, I must in turn inform you that such a delivery shall be securely searched and reviewed by Divine Sense, into and upon all the goods that do arrive. The weak still remain at risk to many a foul act, especially those hidden under pretense of goodly motives. As it has been for tendays past, within this Camp, all donations must past a muster, often performed by the Radiant Knights...though, to be honest, I have seen little of their actions within the Camp as of late.

And with this, to this, those of us that do remain present at most times must lift our heads higher and peer farther over and among the People, to be watchful, and prepared...for Evil does never sleep."

Storybuilding

Wyatt
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Wyatt » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:14 pm

The Fox waves a hand dismissively as Henryk speaks of divination and searching of the goods due to arrive.

"Of course of course. Do as you see fit. I would expect no less. Know only that I take no part in procuring the goods, only the hiring of the merchant company willing to do so. The goods will be inspected by the Golden Wheel, as the contract states. I would very much appreciate someone on this end to check them as well upon delivery as I am no expert in all matters mercantile. My intention is to clothe and protect these fine people, not bring them to some foul taint by someone thinking to tamper with said goods. And thank you for your willingness to act as my agent if necessary. I do hope to be present for the exchange though."

Steve
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Steve » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:05 pm

Giving the Fox a small semblance of a smile, he speaks of a certain understanding, in this short reply, before parting ways, for now:

"Goodman Fox...do not speak so...for if you are one to live up to your taken name, then...you will find a creativity to staying alive, even as the hunt barrels down upon you. In the lands far off East from the Sword Coast, where I was born, the fox is one capable of both Good and Evil—a certain distrust in this grayness of morals—but no doubt is given to the effectiveness of the will and their resourcefulness.

I plan on finding your here, again...leading the supply wagon with a pleased expression from your success."

With that, the knight errant lays a hand on the shoulder of the Fox, bearing some weight as expression to the innate strength of Henryk...and perhaps conveying a message of the weight Henryk puts to this belief.

Storybuilding

Wyatt
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Wyatt » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:58 am

The Fox smiles at the sentiment and the touch of companionship. He reaches into his satchel and pulls out two rolled parchments, handing them to Henryk.

"Oh, I have a certain...zest for life...and have sacrificed much to stay above the dirt. Still, death comes for us all eventually. Here is a copy of the contract and my personal marker, as promised. I dearly hope, as you profess to as well, that neither will be needed."